Covid test in Thailand before departing country

bluesofa

On 4/5/2021 at 8:27 AM, possum1931 said:

I should also have pointed out that my post did not only apply to Thailand, just about every country, especially the UK, are making themselves richer with this pandemic. My question was and still is what is the profit margin on these PCR tests? IMO at least 500%.

This is a business opportunity for you. Grab this chance quickly, before tens of thousands do the same and competition drives down the prices and your profit margin. You will be a multibillionaire in no time.

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 3:25 PM, Kiujunn said:

Don't worry  about what Treetops says.  He clearly has no idea that PCR-tests (like vaccines, masks and other pandemic-related profiteering) have nothing to do with his ideological idea of textbook-economics.

It's all about with how much street-robbery  you can get away with?

You misunderstand.  I freely admit to not knowing the cost of the equipment needed to perform these tests, but if the poster you quoted could have told me I could work out a potential profit margin as other costs can be found or reliably calculated.  His apparent knowledge of the profit margin made me think he was in possession of this information but it turned out he was just having a rant based on no knowledge at all but the feeling that it must be true because we're nasty, dirty farangs.

The profit margin may indeed be alarming and price gouging taking place, but we don't know that from the information (not) given here.

15 hours ago, treetops said:

You misunderstand.  I freely admit to not knowing the cost of the equipment needed to perform these tests, but if the poster you quoted could have told me I could work out a potential profit margin as other costs can be found or reliably calculated.  His apparent knowledge of the profit margin made me think he was in possession of this information but it turned out he was just having a rant based on no knowledge at all but the feeling that it must be true because we're nasty, dirty farangs.

The profit margin may indeed be alarming and price gouging taking place, but we don't know that from the information (not) given here.

PCR for Thais in public hospitals 600 B

PCR for Thais in Bumrungrad 5900 B

Let's guess the profit margin ????