It's D-Day April 1st - new quarantine regulations start today

webfact

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But is that for 7, or 10, or 14 days Q?

Everything. It’s still 1 hour per day as well. So if you’re on a 7 stretch you’re not breathing fresh, debatable, air until your 3rd last day.

Remember 7 is actually 9 and 10 is actually 12.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Fantastic news, tourists will leave quarantine just in time to catch their flights home.

A pretty ridiculous comment.  It will depend on how long they intend to stay. If its 10 days and they have to quarantine for 7 days then yes but if its longer then its not so bad.  Some will be like myself and many others on this forum who stay here long term so not really a problem at all. 

Those who would plan visiting for a week or 10 days probably won't come but others will which is a start.  I don't think it's reasonable to judge this based on someone visiting for a time frame you've picked as it suits your negative narrative. This is a start that's all. 

Speaking of Quarantine and New Strains

Now it speads enen faster as the newest variant of Covid 19 is streaking through Wall Street to the Bowery of Brooklyn. 

Behold: As the 1st angel blew its Horn...

Researchers at Caltech and Columbia determined that the strains found in New York, like other COVID variants, feature mutations on the virus’s spike protein, allowing it to penetrate into host cells and cause infections more effectively. B.1.526 is effectively two variants, featuring a pair of common mutations known as E484K and S477N 

Were not going to be able to produce vaccines fast enough....  

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know if this is just another report or if its official? Any official written confirmation?  The Royal Thai Embassy in London is  currently only listing 11 (10) Day quarantine - no mention of vaccination and 7 day - which will almost certainly be 8 days.

11 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

Does anyone know if this is just another report or if its official? Any official written confirmation?  The Royal Thai Embassy in London is  currently only listing 11 (10) Day quarantine - no mention of vaccination and 7 day - which will almost certainly be 8 days.

published in the Royal Thai Government Gazette on 31 March, 2021

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/thailand-reduces-quarantine-for-international-arrivals-from-1-april-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3n_M5Sj_G_WVmLUvOsJn-a2FrLebjFeTkANDOT-jxP5IWcIb1O6CbgiEE

• Like 1

Of course we will all want to know what sort of proof of vaccination the Thai authorities will require. 

For those in the UK, this might work:

Following this announcment I contacted my GP and asked what proof of vaccination was available.  Apparently if you register with your GP for online services you can then download an application called Airmid to your phone.  Your personal health record is available on that application - username and password protected.

https://www.tpp-uk.com/products/airmid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bradmeister said:

Were not going to be able to produce vaccines fast enough....  

Heard yesterday both the British and South African variants spread more easily in the air in buildings.

But if you are already vaccinated, almost no chance of getting sick, dying or even spreading it.  You might inhale it, but your body can fight it, so it can't reproduce that much.  So when you exhale, very little is spread.

Bottom line: variants don't matter so much if you're already vaccinated.

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The government has said I believe that they will only accept Vaccination Certificates recognised by the World Health Organisation, currently there isn’t one.

Good news in LOS always comes with a catch.  Well, maybe not always, but...

3 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Bottom line: variants don't matter so much if you're already vaccinated.

Where do you get that idea?  Everything I have read say Experts remain hopeful that the vaccine will help against new strains but they are not positive, the expectation is that the vaccine should provide some protection against new strains. It's too early to say one way or another if it will work on new strains!

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Of course we will all want to know what sort of proof of vaccination the Thai authorities will require. 

For those in the UK, this might work:

Following this announcment I contacted my GP and asked what proof of vaccination was available.  Apparently if you register with your GP for online services you can then download an application called Airmid to your phone.  Your personal health record is available on that application - username and password protected.

https://www.tpp-uk.com/products/airmid

Personal health records are available on the NHS app and website. Both my jabs are there.

www.nhsapp.service.nhs.uk  I would like to think I can use this to get quarantine down to 7 days. Time will tell.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Greenwich Boy said:

Personal health records are available on the NHS app and website. Both my jabs are there.

www.nhsapp.service.nhs.uk  I would like to think I can use this to get quarantine down to 7 days. Time will tell.

Thanks KhaoYai and Greenwich Boy.

I have the UK Covid vaccination card and i also got the nurse to fill in and sign the "other vaccinations" section in my Yellow fever certificate and also my Masta travel health passport but i would prefer official, digital proof of vaccination for peace of mind.

I will look into your links now. Cheers

Wont increase the tourist numbers. Just business as usual. Ever wondered why the JNJ vaccine was not ordered yet by the private hospitals ? There is 100 million shots a months produced and only 1 shot needed. Once US is done by June thailand could have easily ordered for availability in July / August and get back to normality... BUT as it looks now we won’t be done until December or early 2022. Someone is hiding something we don’t know about ????

Edited by Cadan

6 hours ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

The Devil is in the details. How many “FAKE” vaccination documents you think will be produced and how exactly does the Thai Govt expect to verify these documents?

When my wife came to the US, to get her visa, she needed to show her vaccinations. How many people who get a visa to come to the US show fake vaccinations do you think?  Some of the same will occur now, but much better than then , because now you have to do the COE at the Embassy of the country of departure, and part of the COE is that you have to send them a copy of your vaccination certificate. So if you want to take a chance in never coming to Thailand again, or Possibly going to jail in your country, or in Thailand, by all means ,please file a fake vaccination certificate with the   embassy. and while you are at it. why don't you file a fake passport too. 

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The government has said I believe that they will only accept Vaccination Certificates recognised by the World Health Organisation, currently there isn’t one.

It is posted at the website of the embassy where you apply for COE  which vaccines qualify.

image.png.21a05d34747da514366bbb75bbc7b16f.png

5 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

And all countries "without" mutations, just don't know it.

All virus mutate all the time,  What the Thai government is concerned are variants that might  not respond well to  to the vaccines curranty available. There is a list available of countries with such variants, and so far they are all countries from Africa.

"South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Cameroon, Congo, Ghana and Tanzania. "

3 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

It is official and posted at the websites of the different Embassies where you apply for COE, the process , has also be modified to reflect the 7 day quarantine, and required vaccine certificates. 

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

check with the Embassy where you file your COE, they will have a process outlined.

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

check with the Embassy where you file your COE, they will have a process outlined.

Unfortunately London are still showing this:

All non-Thai passengers from the UK and Ireland will be subject to not less than 11-night quarantine (effective from 1 April 2021) at their own expenses at one of the facilities for Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) that have been approved by the Thai authorities. 

The only other change is:

3. COVID-19 test result with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure -- Some airlines do not accept home kit tests so please check specific requirements with the airlines you are travelling with. From 1 April 2021, Fit to Fly health certificate will no longer be required to go to Thailand. Other things remain the same.

https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/requirements-for-foreigners-travelling-to-thailand-during-covid-19-tra?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

However, its not unusual for London to be behind the times and in fairness, the Thai government have only just announced this. I don't have my second jab until May so there's plenty of time - it will probably all be cancelled by then if there's any new infections due to visitors. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fgmr said:

What duration after the 14 days of having the 2nd  jab is entry to Thailand permitted?

I think you will have to wait for the small print - I don't think that has been stated yet. I'll be allowing 3 weeks.

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

When my wife came to the US, to get her visa, she needed to show her vaccinations. How many people who get a visa to come to the US show fake vaccinations do you think?  Some of the same will occur now, but much better than then , because now you have to do the COE at the Embassy of the country of departure, and part of the COE is that you have to send them a copy of your vaccination certificate. So if you want to take a chance in never coming to Thailand again, or Possibly going to jail in your country, or in Thailand, by all means ,please file a fake vaccination certificate with the   embassy. and while you are at it. why don't you file a fake passport too. 

It is posted at the website of the embassy where you apply for COE  which vaccines qualify.

image.png.21a05d34747da514366bbb75bbc7b16f.png

All virus mutate all the time,  What the Thai government is concerned are variants that might  not respond well to  to the vaccines curranty available. There is a list available of countries with such variants, and so far they are all countries from Africa.

"South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Cameroon, Congo, Ghana and Tanzania. "

It is official and posted at the websites of the different Embassies where you apply for COE, the process , has also be modified to reflect the 7 day quarantine, and required vaccine certificates. 

Who did you guys <deleted> off?  LOL

Here in the US, 

https://thaiembdc.org/2021/03/31/updated-regulations-to-enter-thailand-and-procedures-of-the-quarantine-effective-from-1-april-2021/

image.png.91aab813387a975446103136716a91d0.png

13 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I have now received both vaccinations in the U.K.,  I have a NHS card indicating the dates, the vaccine Pfizer and the dates given, I doubt very much that would be classed as a certificate ?

The small hand written card?  I doubt it - register for online services with your GP. Your vaccination record will then be available and you can get it as an app on your phone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fgmr said:

What duration after the 14 days of having the 2nd  jab is entry to Thailand permitted?

Any.

I am getting a non IM O which is good for 90 days, but you can come on "Visa on Arrival" which gives you 45 days 

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

The small hand written card?  I doubt it - register for online services with your GP. Your vaccination record will then be available and you can get it as an app on your phone.

We are still waiting for Thailand to indicate what is acceptable ?

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

We are but that is all that is available in the UK at the moment, unless Johnson makes his mind up about Vaccine Passports.

Just now, KhaoYai said:

We are but that is all that is available in the UK at the moment, unless Johnson makes his mind up about Vaccine Passports.

I think Thailand now realise that the lack of tourists is affecting the economy and are prepared to accept anything and everything to encourage tourists to come back.

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

This points the way:

Vaccinated international arrivals who are unable to present a valid vaccine certificate, an original paper or a print-out of an online vaccine certificate, to the International Port Health Control at the port of arrival, will be subjected to no less than a 10-day quarantine.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/04/thailand-reduces-quarantine-for-international-arrivals-from-1-april-2021/?fbclid=IwAR3n_M5Sj_G_WVmLUvOsJn-a2FrLebjFeTkANDOT-jxP5IWcIb1O6CbgiEE

• Thanks 1