Thailand to target wealthy foreign retirees, make it easier to purchase property

webfact

Don't you just love the numbers they come up with...

I know it is April 1 - but most Thai don't get that.

I live a fairly extravagant life, but would struggle to spend 200,000 a month - without giving loads away.

Gee, didn't they try something like this before ? Let me see, something about "wealthy foreigners", "owning land", easy visa requirements.......

Oh that's right ! The Elite Card ! (The original one.)

Love how all of their tourist scams are all directed at "wealthy foreigners", in the hopes that a million "wealthy foreigners" will spend more than 10 million "2 week millionaires" (and 20 million "zero dollar" Chinese tourists that Thailand seems to love so much).

You'd think we were living in Monte Carlo from the sounds of it !

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The types of foreign retirees targeted will be those who have a healthy pension pot, with the ability to spend 200,000 - 300,000 baht per month. 

Dream on dreamers! They really have their heads inserted in the orifice where the sun does'nt shine!

• Haha 2

Sometimes I feel like I’m on a loop that starts with targeting wealthy tourists, goes around some other crackpot ideas until wealthy tourists come round again.

Sometimes I feel like I’m on a loop that starts with targeting wealthy tourists, goes around some other crackpot ideas until wealthy tourists come round again.

• Haha 2

Wouldnt touch it with a 10' pole.  If I buy any property in Thailand Ill only do it in my wifes name and consider the money spent and done.  Companies, leases etc... are all subject to sentiment changes and money grabs.

2 hours ago, dr_lucas said:

I think you could have come up with something better for april fools day... 

Well, it seems some people have bought it.  Wouldn't they feel silly if they're attacking the Thais even though the gov had nothing to do with this.

3 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Welcome to the land of scams...please feel totally confident in making a major investment.

Yep, then just watch them goal posts widen until you're told to leave.........  and leave all your stuff as well......  Kop Khun Maak Khap...... 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

Agree.

If I can not leave it to my heirs to do with as they please it is not mine.

You can leave it to your heirs.. , as long as it is your Thai wife,    Thai girlfriend or Thai gik.