I need a left hand motorcycle

You can certainly get left-hand throttle grips. 

Combine with an old Royal Enfield with right-foot change and maybe throw in a manual ignition advance (park with it fully advanced) and you have a machine that nobody will be able to ride away even if it has no keys.

And you'll be able to pick up the remains of anyone who tries to start it fully advanced ???? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Curious...  why would anyone want a ‘left handed motorcycle’.... assuming the op wants the throttle switched to the left hand-side.

if someone’s ‘right hand’ cannot control s throttle, should they be riding at all? 

seriously, I'm not joking.  You're probably the only person that's taking me seriously or maybe not.  imagine left hand throttle.

• Confused 1

Rode with a guy who had his right thumb amputated.

Switched to a left throttle - no issue

Old Indians the same, as well as many British makes

What about old HD's - no front brake, foot clutch, suicide shift ? Are they unsafe ? Only if you do not know how to ride one.

Those that say it is unsafe have never rode a motorcycle I bet

Edited by canthai55
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ilikethai said:

seriously, I'm not joking.  You're probably the only person that's taking me seriously or maybe not.  imagine left hand throttle.

We switched the throttle to left on one of my Thai staff's bike because of a handicap. Worked a charm for him...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilikethai said:
19 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Curious...  why would anyone want a ‘left handed motorcycle’.... assuming the op wants the throttle switched to the left hand-side.

if someone’s ‘right hand’ cannot control s throttle, should they be riding at all? 

I was initially thinking along the lines of a Sky-Hook, a Copper Magnet or Glass Hammer etc etc..

But did realise there is probably necessity for a left handed motorcycle, i.e. a preference, or disability. 

I can see how a ’samlor’ in Thailand *(three wheeler) could be modified for someone unable to control a throttle with their left hand. 

But, I still wonder what capacity there is to control a regular motorcycle when the right hand isn’t working properly. 

The amputated thumb in the response above has answered that question: I can see how that would make a huge difference. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ilikethai said:

I wear a watch on my left hand.

Congratulations...  I’ve alerted the media !!! 

Do you know why ?  because you always have done and have copied a trait of culture ?

Watches worn on a left hand because there is less chance of banging or damaging the watch when doing most activities with the right hand. 

On 4/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Do you know why ?  because you always have done and have copied a trait of culture ?

Watches worn on a left hand because there is less chance of banging or damaging the watch when doing most activities with the right hand. 

you're wrong.  the knobs are on the right.  get it?

13 hours ago, ilikethai said:

you're wrong.  the knobs are on the right.  get it?

Nope, you are wrong. Here.... a little eduction for you... just so you get it !

Watches were ‘designed’ to be worn on the less active wrist (left) to protect the chronometer. The ‘knobs’ (its the crown BTW) were designed to suit this purpose. 

You have become mixed up between evolution by design and design by evolution.

(its always best to google something before making a monkey out of yourself and argue the toss when you don’t know what you don’t know)

Edited by richard_smith237

On 4/3/2021 at 6:04 PM, richard_smith237 said:

And if you're single and wear a self winding watch on your right wrist it might get overwound. ????????????

• Like 1