FM 103 Pattaya

whoopy

Is anyone have trouble listening to FM 103 after they went off air for 2-3 days. They are back on air now but my three strong amps only pick up snow and background voice.Very bad.  Cannot listen. No matter what i do cannot clear the snow?

3 hours ago, whoopy said:

Is anyone have trouble listening to FM 103 after they went off air for 2-3 days.

1 hour ago, champers said:

Reception is very patchy these days. I got them this morning, difficult to get them in the evening. It seems that another station has muscled in on their frequency.

I have this problem in the car especially in the morning but doesn't affect other channels like 96fm.

Online on my laptop seems to be much better.

They also seem to be having more problems segueing into and out of the BBC news on the hour. 

is it just the lack of funds or other issues does anybody know?

• Like 1

My gut feeling tells me they are having problems. In recent times they have changed the music we listen too, they often cut off the song before it has finished playing in full, ( very annoying), they have problems with voice over the BBC news, they have many days off the air, no sorry, just, we are back on air. Many gaps in their transmission, I have sent them two emails and not had one reply. VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I have listened to FM 103 for over 6 years but they are going backwards with the quality of their service. A great station going down the toilet. PS: Not every one likes to listen to repeat BBC news bullitins.

in most other environments the regular sexual innuendo and harrassment surrounding the very pleasant lady  'midget' would lead to a sacking at least.  Cease and desist please

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, prk888 said:

in most other environments the regular sexual innuendo and harrassment surrounding the very pleasant lady  'midget' would lead to a sacking at least.  Cease and desist please

Megan is a Blackpool lass and can give as good as she gets. We are in Pattaya not Frinton on sea.

• Like 2

Not discussing if she has balls or not, nor her character nor birthplace,  simply asking the unseemly public  innuendo by the aging lethario (LOTHARIO) to cease

Edited by prk888
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, champers said:

Reception is very patchy these days. I got them this morning, difficult to get them in the evening. It seems that another station has muscled in on their frequency.

A common problem that 96FM went through.

• Like 1

Off air to my laptop right now. They've been having problems for a few months now. It's a good station when they can get things right. The problem with syncing to the BBC news is most annoying. I really do hope that they can get their problems sorted out. Instead of feeling annoyance as before, I am now feeling sympathy. 

• Like 1

I'm actually glad to hear that it's not just me having problems, I thought my car audio system might be on the blink!

It often seems when they switch from the news back to the DJ, or from one DJ to another, that the station suddenly vanishes, like somebody forgot to throw a switch to change the source and we're left listening the the original channel where the presenter has now gone off down the pub for a beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thoengthaied said:

Off air to my laptop right now. They've been having problems for a few months now. It's a good station when they can get things right. The problem with syncing to the BBC news is most annoying. I really do hope that they can get their problems sorted out. Instead of feeling annoyance as before, I am now feeling sympathy. 

If you REALLY want the BBC News, try BBC Sounds, R2 or 4 once a day cos it's always the same. Or LBC, or most other UK stations. You can go back to the amateur radio presentation after.

Hardly ever listen to it, bar the news and the U Tube updates which are good value. Don't like the music, don't like the inane DJ chat and the numerous amateurish adverts,  Reminds me of the old BFBS (UK ex Military will understand the reference) . 

On 4/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, champers said:

Megan is a Blackpool lass and can give as good as she gets. We are in Pattaya not Frinton on sea.

Unfortunately some of the tiresome irks from Frinton appear to be on this site pretending they are something they are not, being moralistic is hardly a cultural trait of Essex lads.

• Like 2

I think its time to turn it off and walk away, the platform, the content, the technology, the shear arrogance of a Brit (only) radio station in Thailand.  is from another century, the world has moved on. Can you even buy a radio nowadays?

Its like a tragic 1980s radio station transmitting (exclusively) to a small part of the expat community ie: brits. No Thai content, no Thai music, not even content for other expats. A format from 1980, drive time, todays quiz, I am surprised they dont do prank calls or guess the sound.

I dont think they even know who is listening or how many. Advertisements for where to buy a tin of baked beans or where to take the western family for dinner. The whole retransmitting the BBC world service is something that ended with short wave radio. Hits from the 80s, are they kidding.

AND, Its pronounced pat tay ya,  NOT Pat eye ya, they should be taken off the air just for getting that wrong

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I think its time to turn it off and walk away, the platform, the content, the technology, the shear arrogance of a Brit (only) radio station in Thailand.  is from another century, the world has moved on. Can you even buy a radio nowadays?

Its like a tragic 1980s radio station transmitting (exclusively) to a small part of the expat community ie: brits. No Thai content, no Thai music, not even content for other expats. A format from 1980, drive time, todays quiz, I am surprised they dont do prank calls or guess the sound.

I dont think they even know who is listening or how many. Advertisements for where to buy a tin of baked beans or where to take the western family for dinner. The whole retransmitting the BBC world service is something that ended with short wave radio. Hits from the 80s, are they kidding.

AND, Its pronounced pat tay ya,  NOT Pat eye ya, they should be taken off the air just for getting that wrong

Are you for real or is your post just a wind up ? It's an English language station, if you want Thai music, news, recipes or gawd knows what else then go listen to a Thai station moron.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Are you for real or is your post just a wind up ? It's an English language station, if you want Thai music, news, recipes or gawd knows what else then go listen to a Thai station moron.

thank you for "getting it " ????

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, whoopy said:

Very bad.  Cannot listen.

A few days ago I switched to 96fm.

I got so fed up with the inconsistent audio levels, ads were loud, news broadcasts was quiet, music was loud then quiet.

After hearing the many years from the owning apologizing and saying that the system is fixed and things will be 100% then only to get annoyed by another malfunction.

I'm happy so far with 96fm, nothing to complain about.

Only half the ads. ????

Edited by Cricky