Is this ED visa legit?

I paid 34K baht (5K deposit, 16K for the immigration adventure, and 13K to get my passport back) and received the following stamps. If anyone has done this before and knows the real from the fake please let me know.

my primary concern is the light blue notice stapled in the back of my passport. It says “must contact this office April 2,” which is literally tomorrow.

yet, the smaller purple box stamp with the heading “NON “ED”” says “until Jun 21st.”

when I asked the school about reporting they told me to come back in 90 days and pay ~5000 baht. For another 90 days. This sounds like a bit of a rip off, but I’ll play along if it amounts to 90 days. The school said they will report using their own address which is a relief.

All in all, just want some older expats to examine and offer their thoughts of whether I should heed the light blue notice. Again, I asked the school, with a picture of the notice, and they said “no need.” The school is pro language school in pattaya.

image.thumb.jpg.e4553482b19d26f98f0237f5b732a9ef.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

my primary concern is the light blue notice stapled in the back of my passport. It says “must contact this office April 2,” which is literally tomorrow.

That was the estimated date they expected your visa application to be approved and it was done before that. It is not official since is only only a slip of pager stapled in you passport.

1 hour ago, FalangJaiDee said:

yet, the smaller purple box stamp with the heading “NON “ED”” says “until Jun 21st.”

That is the 90 days (including the day it was issued) you got form your visa application. Before that day you need to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending a school.

Looks alright.  When they issued the receipt for the Non-ED visa application on March 17th, they put a provisional "under consideration" stamp on the back of that receipt. They did issue the visa on March 24th and an accompanying non immigrant visa entry, which now allows you to stay until June 21st. Before that day, you will need to apply for your first extension.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That was the estimated date they expected your visa application to be approved and it was done before that. It is not official since is only only a slip of pager stapled in you passport.

That is the 90 days (including the day it was issued) you got form your visa application. Before that day you need to apply for a extension of stay based upon attending a school.

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Looks alright.  When they issued the receipt for the Non-ED visa application on March 17th, they put a provisional "under consideration" stamp on the back of that receipt. They did issue the visa on March 24th and an accompanying non immigrant visa entry, which now allows you to stay until June 21st. Before that day, you will need to apply for your first extension.

Ok thanks guys 

I'm going to the same school.  My ministry of education paper work is in progress.  Pro School wants to collect my passport and give to immigration the end of April.  I'm getting mixed responses on how long my passport will be out of my hands.  This makes me nervous in this country.  I love how they say "there will be no problems" but just thinking at little bit there are several potential problems from not having your passport on hand. 

Does Pro School give you any documentation that showed your passport was at immigration?  How long was your passport out of your hands and in immigration?

44 minutes ago, nickt092 said:

Pro School wants to collect my passport and give to immigration the end of April. 

Immigration does not keep a passport any longer than it takes to do the application. At the most they might keep it overnight.

Longer than that would be a agent or the school holding your passport.

ED Visas including tuition (6 hours per week for 32 weeks of the year) are approx 24-27k plus the 3 x 90 day extensions at 1.9k each.

So all up the total for a year stay including education is 30k-33k depending on the school and type/level of study (language, first aid, hand combat, survival course etc)