Smog Crisis in Chiang Mai

snoop1130

1921-3-1024x536-1.jpg

CHIANG MAI, April 1 (TNA) – Smoke haze was critically thick in the northern province as PM2.5 measured as the downtown area of Chiang Mai was covered with wildfire smoke which limited vision and blocked the view of Doi Suthep mountain.

The 24-hour average of PM 2.5 was measured 83-92μg/m³ in Suthep, Chang Phueak and Sri Phum sub-districts in Muang Chiang Mai district.

At 8.47am PM2.5 soared to 661μg/m³ in Ban Chan sub-district of Galyani Vadhana district. The safe threshold is at 50 μg/m³.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-666871

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-04-01

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MasterBaker said:

when i woke up in hotel 2 weeks ago in CM, purifier showed 185 inside the sealed room. i think those numbers above is a complete BS

20210309_063639(1).jpg

agree, where do they get it from, if the photo is supposed to be that of the day there is no way the figures are in line.

In Sansai at 8:40am the smoke is getting worse and the pm 2,5 increases by the hour. It is now 124. But of course everything is under control!

Update! It is one hour later and the pm 2,5 has risen another 70 points. And CM is way ahead as global leader in the pollution league table. 

It can't be 'smog'. Smog is a contraction, or portmanteau, of smoke and fog.

Fog is defined as: a weather condition in which very small droplets of water come together to form a thick cloud  at or near the earth's surface which obscures or restricts visibility (to a greater extent than mist; strictly, reducing visibility to below 1 km).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fog

This is just smoke in the atmosphere...don't blame mist or fog, nothing to do with them, leave them alone.

3 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

It can't be 'smog'. Smog is a contraction, or portmanteau, of smoke and fog.

Fog is defined as: a weather condition in which very small droplets of water come together to form a thick cloud  at or near the earth's surface which obscures or restricts visibility (to a greater extent than mist; strictly, reducing visibility to below 1 km).

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/fog

This is just smoke in the atmosphere...don't blame mist or fog, nothing to do with them, leave them alone.

Perhaps we could call it Chog?

7 hours ago, malibukid said:

just had an older friend die last week, but she refused  to go to the hospital

If I were dead i wouldn’t go to the hospital.

sorry for your loss of an old friend.

Edited by hmficc
Clarification
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, alant said:

agree, where do they get it from, if the photo is supposed to be that of the day there is no way the figures are in line.

14 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

when i woke up in hotel 2 weeks ago in CM, purifier showed 185 inside the sealed room. i think those numbers above is a complete BS

20210309_063639(1).jpg

Flatulence would explain that