Bikes in pickups

4 hours ago, Jack james said:

Will police say anything about motorcycles in pickups that are to long and do not allow tailgate to close?

Depends where you go we smile and pay 200 to nice man in uniform for tailgate down traveling on tollways.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, Crossy said:

Hang a red rag on the most rearward extremity and all will be nice and legal.

And staple banknotes to it to ease the wave onwards when stopped ????

I seriously cannot believe this is anything more than a post designed to get people going one way or the other.... seriously is the op so inured to anything either here or anywhere where they may be from to have not seen anything in their lives..... trawl youtube and you will find all sorts of overhangs, overheights, overbizarre from anywhere in the world....  try New Zealand for instance a legal 4 metre overhang on a 2 axle truck... that's almost as much as what you see here ... the ones that amaze me are the hay truck and trailers they are a sight to behold...once up to about 3.5metres off the ground the sides sprout out almost a metre wider for another metre in height, or the pickups carrying light products like chips/crisps, spot the pickup beneath the closely stacked boxes moving down the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

Carry my 2 dirt bikes

Any suggestions on where to buy good used Dirt bike at a reasonable price? I’m in the NE near Kumphawapi..... for me

to ride out on the dirt roads ... it’s 2 minutes to dirt roads from my house probably a 125cc ish,..  I crazy riding anymore just 

to adventure.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, VocalNeal said:

...and make sure you have ALL the paperwork relating to ownership of the bikes.

Yeah you never know be prepared. 

Another thing I have 1st class insurance on my Isuzu truck but anything in the back is not covered on the policy we have.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 11:01 PM, casey1 said:

I seriously cannot believe this is anything more than a post designed to get people going one way or the other.... seriously is the op so inured to anything either here or anywhere where they may be from to have not seen anything in their lives..... trawl youtube and you will find all sorts of overhangs, overheights, overbizarre from anywhere in the world....  try New Zealand for instance a legal 4 metre overhang on a 2 axle truck... that's almost as much as what you see here ... the ones that amaze me are the hay truck and trailers they are a sight to behold...once up to about 3.5metres off the ground the sides sprout out almost a metre wider for another metre in height, or the pickups carrying light products like chips/crisps, spot the pickup beneath the closely stacked boxes moving down the road.

Here is classic example of using load parameters to best efficiency, tissue paper arriving at a supermarket distribution centre last week. Not weight overloaded and meeting height and width requirements.... tarpaulin very much necessary as imagine what a good rain would do to the weight ....

20210502_232634.jpg

• Haha 2