Thai govt confirms list of approved vaccines for foreigners to enter Thailand with reduced quarantine

snoop1130

2 hours ago, polpott said:

Wrong on every level. All Brits on being given their first dose have been given an appointment for their 2nd dose. Next month will see a dramatic rise in the numbers having had their 2nd dose. They are now vaccinating the over 40s. All adults will have been given the opportunity of having the vaccine during July. By October all will have had the opportunity of having had the 2nd dose.

Just to clarify the point on 2nd dose, I was told that my 2nd dose,1st 19 Feb, of Astrazenica would happen between end of April and mid May. My wife had the Pfizer 1 week later and she would get her 2nd by the end of April. Like the first dose one will receive a letter and/or a text inviting you to book an appointment.

Moderna jabs will be available before the end of April and the Novavax should be approved soon. Novavax is manufactured in Billingham with 'fill and finish' at the GSK facility in county Durham. So no interference from the EU hampering supplies. 

On 4/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, snoop1130 said:

BNT162b2/CORMIRNATY – Tozinameran (INN) by Pfizer/BioNTech (2 doses needed)

My Pfizer/BioNTech vaccination certificate mentions "CORMIRNATY" but not "BNT162b2/CORMIRNATY – Tozinameran (INN)"

With thai bureaucarcy, I guess I would have to go to quarantine and, in that case, i would just take a flight back ;-)

Just now, tso310 said:

Just to clarify the point on 2nd dose, I was told that my 2nd dose,1st 19 Feb, of Astrazenica would happen between end of April and mid May. My wife had the Pfizer 1 week later and she would get her 2nd by the end of April. Like the first dose one will receive a letter and/or a text inviting you to book an appointment.

Everyone I know actually got an appointment for their 2nd dose when receiving their first dose. Maybe different policies for different area health authorities. And yes Phizer a much shorter period between doses.

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

It always used to be. The current guidance is that the vaccine should be injected intramuscularly and not intravenously. 

However, as some medical professionals have pointed out, although the chances are small, there is still a chance that the needle could hit a blood vessel.

If you don't aspirate, there's no way to know whether that has happened or not.

My wife in the UK, a nurse of near 40 years experience, is currently administering the vaccine and has never aspirated for an IM injection in her life.

On 4/2/2021 at 4:14 AM, realfunster said:

However, that still leaves 6%

It doesn't mean you have 6% chances to get the virus.

You have to take into consideration the chance/risk of getting the virus without vaccination and multiply that risk by 6%, which make the risk when vaccinated very very low !

Edited by daejung

On 4/2/2021 at 4:30 AM, Guderian said:

Do these idiots actually understand that the vaccines only protect the recipient against developing serious or life-threatening symptoms of Covid, they don't necessarily stop you from becoming infected by the SARS-COV2 virus and transmitting it to others, both vaccinated and unvaccinated?

Who is the idiot ?

On 4/1/2021 at 6:00 PM, TacoKhun said:

Interesting, no Russian vaccine who one of the biggest tourist group.

Maybe they had a chat with the Argentine President and decided against it...????

Argentine President Alberto Fernandez says he had an initial positive test for COVID-19, despite having been vaccinated in January.

The president received a dose of the Sputnik V vaccine on January 21 and a second dose a few days later.

https://www.theweek.in/news/world/2021/04/03/argentine-president-who-received-vaccine-in-january-tests-positive-for-covid-19.html

On 4/1/2021 at 5:10 PM, JCCR6 said:

Most of the vaccines don’t stop you carrying the virus, they just make you asymptomatic. The local population isn’t vaccinated, so seems there is a huge failure in logic here. 

There is lots of anecdotal evidence that vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus.  Possibly because they are carrying less viral load. There just aren't any peer reviewed studies on it yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, daejung said:

My Pfizer/BioNTech vaccination certificate mentions "CORMIRNATY" but not "BNT162b2/CORMIRNATY – Tozinameran (INN)"

With thai bureaucarcy, I guess I would have to go to quarantine and, in that case, i would just take a flight back ????

My vaccination card in the U.S. just says Pfizer EN6204.

1 hour ago, polpott said:

My wife in the UK, a nurse of near 40 years experience, is currently administering the vaccine and has never aspirated for an IM injection in her life.

So your retired and living in Pattaya while the wife is back in the Uk grafting ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

There is lots of anecdotal evidence that vaccinated people are much less likely to spread the virus.  Possibly because they are carrying less viral load. There just aren't any peer reviewed studies on it yet.

Better still, latest real world data shows a massive effect in preventing infection altogether. Of course, it won’t stop “bUt yOu cAn sTilL sPrEaD tHe ViRuS iF yOu’Re vAcCinAtEd” from those that only read the news once every six months, but for the rest of us it’s great news. 

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p0329-COVID-19-Vaccines.html

“Results showed that following the second dose of vaccine (the recommended number of doses), risk of infection was reduced by 90 percent two or more weeks after vaccination.”

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Dr John Campbell talks about this in the video below and makes exactly this point (he also mentions how as a medical practitioner of 40 years' experience, he always does aspirate - and teaches students to do so).

https://youtu.be/md8pJFbMVnk

Campbell is a complete charlatan, he's not a doctor of medicine, has no background in virology and makes a living from posting Covid nonsense on YouTube.

• Sad 1

Campbell is a complete charlatan, he's not a doctor of medicine, has no background in virology and makes a living from posting Covid nonsense on YouTube.

Thanks for pointing that out.  I would hope any posts linking to that nonsense get deleted.

One would hope any posts linking to that guy and his nonsense get deleted.

On 4/2/2021 at 11:20 PM, Bradmeister said:

Not again with the Foreigners! 

So, if I was just in Minnesota, during the 4th wave, and picked up strain # 8 or #9...but was inoculated for strains 1, 2, or 3....Im not ok because I'm a foreigner and have a Foreigners proof from a Thailand list? Or I am ok because I meet Thailands Criteria!? 

What? 

Is any of this making sense to anyone. 

All the Spring breakers just returned home in the USA and shared South American, and Central American strains with they're little sisters and brothers and infections shot up 237% in schools K through High School in the Mid West.

The 4th wave just hit the USA, and its on its way over to a town near you soon. 

But we're going to have a list for Africans, Europeans, Sandanavians, Australians and Asians and North, Central and South Americans to come into travel bubbles? 

Delusional 

.... which brings us back to the Burmese coming in as legal or illegal workers..... how will they afford they're shots?  Are they part of the "Foreigners" list? 

They will be vaccinated with the Samut Prawn Vaccine 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, polpott said:

"IM injections: Aspiration prior to injection of medication through the IM route remains a part of most guidelines"

Aspiration in injections: should we continue or abandon the practice? (nih.gov)

• Like 1

I see the "vaccinated" people are still demanding they are special and can travel and the world should open up for them now......... LOL.

The hypocrisy of some of them.  Demanding lockdowns........now they have had a jab they want an end to lockdowns for them only.........

To put this into perspective........if you filled a place with 200 people and 80% of them were vaccinated, then the chance of someone in the 20% unvaccinated people getting Covid from a Vaccinated person is 30%.

The vaccine lovers are trying to suggest they are now completely "clean" and cannot possibly carry virus or infect anyone else.

That is TOTAL NONSENSE.

• Like 1

As a matter of interest, which covid vaccines are available in Thailand?

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

I would prefer that Pfizer vaccine, or second choice would be the AstraZeneca one.

13 hours ago, polpott said:

I've no idea how you came to that conclusion. I can't find any evidence that Dr John Campbell is anything other than a highly respected health educator with an international reputation and impeccable credentials. He is perfectly clear on his channel that he is a PhD, not an MD. He also doesn't claim any background in virology but in physiology and pathophysiology, which he has literally published textbooks about.

As far as I can tell from his bio, he doesn't make a living from his YouTube videos, but still works in A&E in an NHS hospital. He was previously a Senior Lecturer at the University of Cumbria where he worked for 27 years as a health educator (this is borne out by the University's website).

He is the author of two medical textbooks, Campbell's Physiology Notes & Campbell's Pathophysiology Notes, that are used in health education settings all over the world.

These textbooks were given an excellent review in SAGE Open in a document entitled 

'Structured Empirical Evaluation of “Campbell’s Physiology Notes” and “Campbell’s Pathophysiology Notes”: A Cross-Cultural Evaluation of Two Nursing-Related Biosciences Textbooks'

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2158244015612517

Far from being nonsense, the one salient feature of Dr Campbell's videos is that they are relatively short on opinion and are almost exclusively based on actual scientific and medical publications, which he always provides links to. In fact I find his videos can be a little boring at times because all he does for large parts of them, is to quote verbatim - and at length, from the various publications that he is referencing.

For instance, the video where he talks about aspirating and injections is based on information from the Danish Health & Medicines Authority, the Danish Nursing  Association and the Danish Serum Institute. The video also contains information from the UK government and WHO websites.

One of the things he stresses is that you shouldn't believe him, rather you should look at the evidence.

I've yet to meet a charlatan who starts out by telling you not to take their word for anything they say, yet that is precisely what he does.

His main failing for me, is that he is if anything, a little too trusting of science and over-optimistic about its powers. One of the few opinions he gives (though admittedly he does it quite often) is his belief that CoViD-19 will eventually be eradicated, mainly by vaccination, whereas I think it will be around for a long, long time and will become just another seasonal respiratory disease, a little like the flu.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:03 AM, Chicken George said:

Screenshot_2021_0402_080828.png

Come on !

You can find a new variant any day of the year!

The data bases report currently 452.000 mutations of SARS-CoV-2 

Try to find any peer reviewed study, which proofes a higher infectivity and more severe clinical effect of the UK-, Southafrican- or Brazilian “variant” - you won’t find any.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:45 AM, RR2020 said:

Seriously, for the extra 2 seconds it takes to aspirate................why is this not being done as standard practise to ENSURE every injection is into muscle only....and none goes in the bloodstream ????????????

Because aspiration of injections isn't based on Science.  It's an old wives tales.  Try to keep up.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2021 at 12:41 PM, DJBenz said:

There is vast amounts of nonsense spouted on this forum about vaccines, but this takes the biscuit for utter wrongness. See @polpott post above. 

How come?

Britain has 8.9% vaccinated as of yesterday which puts in about 8th place.....without the second jab people will not get a valid certificate..

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 14.48.28.png

Edited by kwilco

On 4/5/2021 at 6:16 AM, RR2020 said:

Science said Thalidomide was a great drug.

Approved..........the best experts in the world said it was safe.

Doctors prescribed it for lots of things.

How did that work out ?

one of the most important spin-offs of Thalidomide (which incidentally is still in use for certain purposes) was that it triggered the adoption of far more stringent testing procedures. This has prevented a reoccurrence so far.

the process of how Thalidomide produced deformities is now understood

And so there is also the nature of the vaccines produced.

Thinking that they can produce dramatic or genetic faults is just about the same as putting your Yamaha Nouvo in a shed and worrying it will turn into a Harley Davidson.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2021 at 11:59 AM, polpott said:

Wrong on every level. All Brits on being given their first dose have been given an appointment for their 2nd dose. Next month will see a dramatic rise in the numbers having had their 2nd dose. They are now vaccinating the over 40s. All adults will have been given the opportunity of having the vaccine during July. By October all will have had the opportunity of having had the 2nd dose.

Most Brits have NOT been given their appointment for a second jab - onlyy in some special cases and the time timetable stretches into the autumn. (I have had jab number one).

the current situation is thus....

People under 50 without underlying medical conditions in England may now have to wait until May for their first jab. They will have to book their jab.

18 to 50 should have their FIRST jab by the end of July.

"In the UK, people were initially told they would get a second dose three to four weeks after the first. But to ensure a quicker roll-out of first doses, the UK's chief medical officers extended the gap to 12 weeks." - BBC.

this means that 18 years to 50 will most likely have to wait until October for their second jabs - assuming there are no further delays in supply.

in the meantime foreign travel without both jabs will be limited to those who can satisfy their prospective destination countries.

1168442261_Screenshot2021-04-07at14_48_28.png.a60775c2c3259a125c2923b51cb5fd80.png

Edited by kwilco
  • Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 12:16 PM, RR2020 said:

Science said Thalidomide was a great drug.

Approved..........the best experts in the world said it was safe.

They really didn't. Thalidomide was introduced into the market at a time when there weren't any very stringent requirements for drug testing, at least in the countries where it was used.

The manufacturers were the ones who said it was a great drug - and safe, but in places like Germany, the UK and Australia those claims were not backed up by independent or widespread scientific testing.

In the US, one conscientious FDA official (Frances Kelsey) was actually able to prevent it from being approved, precisely because of the lack of safety data.

The disaster that Thalidomide caused was actually the reason that many countries introduced the much more stringent requirements that we have nowadays for prescription drugs.

The Thalidomide Tragedy

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 4:10 AM, Bungalow Bill said:
On 4/2/2021 at 3:46 AM, biggles45 said:

If they do open up in October, and stick with the 'within the last 16 days' rule then all those vaccinated between niw and mid Seotember will not qualify! Absolute lunacy

It says no less than, so you have to have the vaccine more than 14 days before travel.

The maximum efficacy of a vaccination takes 10 to 15 days so that rule makes sense.