Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Thai govt confirms list of approved vaccines for foreigners to enter Thailand with reduced quarantine


Recommended Posts

On 4/2/2021 at 4:09 AM, yeahbutif said:

So it seems having the vaccine means the person is ok but I thought the virus can stay on clothes and  stuff for long time.so I person could bring it in...

Common question Wiki Answer

How long can the virus causing COVID-19 survive on surfaces?

On many surfaces, including as glass, some types of plastic, stainless steel, and skin, the virus can remain infective for several days indoors at room temperature, or even about a week under ideal conditions. On some surfaces, including cotton fabric and copper, the virus usually dies after a few hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Next question, what will constitute an acceptable proof of vaccination when there is currently no systematic certification in many countries, and no globally accepted documentation beyond the old yell

Most of the vaccines don’t stop you carrying the virus, they just make you asymptomatic. The local population isn’t vaccinated, so seems there is a huge failure in logic here. 

Not to worry.  Just the 7 day quarantine will knock out 95% of genuine tourists.  The ones who take their precious vacation days and head off for a couple of weeks to spend their money like there's no

Posted Images

Must come from countries without mutations?

 

There have been at least 4000 mutations of Covid-19 detected worldwide. 

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-02-04-21/h_7da8efe837253a5fb2ea1c8113fbc1f6

 

According to Nature.com virologists had catalogued over 12,000 mutations of the virus' genomes already in September 2020.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02544-6

 

The vast majority of them doesn't affect how the virus work, and most of them die off before spreading or getting foothold, but just about every country has several strains on their watchlist.

 

As of March 5, Norway have detected 130 different mutations of Covid. 35 that have spread domestically. 3 that are on FHI's watchlist (S477N, N439K and B1525). They all have changes in the respiratory binding domain, similar to the British, South African and Brazilian variants. In February FHI analyzed test of 10 people who had been in Africa. 8 of them were new variants.

https://www.tv2.no/a/12420667/ (Norwegian)

 

That being said, the British and South African strains are widespread. Then there's the first Indian mutation that the Burmese migrants took with them to Thailand that started the second wave, then there's the Brazilian strain and now there's a new Indian double mutation reported a few days ago. Probably many more strains to look out for as well.

 

In other words, no one qualifies for 7 days quarantine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 days and 10 days of quarantine makes no difference to a real tourist who has limited time.

 

They should scrap the quarantine to 0 days for vaccinated tourists instead.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HOAX said:

Must come from countries without mutations?

 

There have been at least 4000 mutations of Covid-19 detected worldwide. 

https://edition.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-02-04-21/h_7da8efe837253a5fb2ea1c8113fbc1f6

 

According to Nature.com virologists had catalogued over 12,000 mutations of the virus' genomes already in September 2020.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02544-6

 

The vast majority of them doesn't affect how the virus work, and most of them die off before spreading or getting foothold, but just about every country has several strains on their watchlist.

 

As of March 5, Norway have detected 130 different mutations of Covid. 35 that have spread domestically. 3 that are on FHI's watchlist (S477N, N439K and B1525). They all have changes in the respiratory binding domain, similar to the British, South African and Brazilian variants. In February FHI analyzed test of 10 people who had been in Africa. 8 of them were new variants.

https://www.tv2.no/a/12420667/ (Norwegian)

 

That being said, the British and South African strains are widespread. Then there's the first Indian mutation that the Burmese migrants took with them to Thailand that started the second wave, then there's the Brazilian strain and now there's a new Indian double mutation reported a few days ago. Probably many more strains to look out for as well.

 

In other words, no one qualifies for 7 days quarantine.

The Thai government appear to be primarily concerned about the SA strain as all the countries currently on the red list are African.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EricTh said:

7 days and 10 days of quarantine makes no difference to a real tourist who has limited time.

 

They should scrap the quarantine to 0 days for vaccinated tourists instead.

 

 

Currently planned for October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 5:55 PM, Pottinger said:

Next question, what will constitute an acceptable proof of vaccination when there is currently no systematic certification in many countries, and no globally accepted documentation beyond the old yellow book, which can be easily counterfeited.

An American, Center for Disease Prevention (CDC) card. 
Which was accepted by Thai immigration yesterday 9 March, when my wife and I entered Thailand. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2021 at 10:41 PM, radiochaser said:

An American, Center for Disease Prevention (CDC) card. 
Which was accepted by Thai immigration yesterday 9 March, when my wife and I entered Thailand. 
 

What exactly did your card certify? What was written on the card? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Any plans to drop the Covid insurance requirement for the vaxxed? (Or for the insurers to drop the premia by >90%, for them, in line with the risk?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 1:02 AM, champers said:

Sputnik not taken off in Thailand which means Russians can still come but will have 10 days quarantine instead of 7. Is that 3 extra days a big enough deal to put them off coming?

 

It might not matter much.  When they get out of quarantine and find all the bars and massage parlours closed, they might want to get on the next flight home anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 6:20 AM, Mavideol said:

what's the population of Israel, Bahraim or Serbia.... China is not on the list  maybe the reason is due to poor vaccine quality/efficiency  555

 

China's Sinovac vaccine is 50.7% effective against COVID-19, just reaching the threshold to be a vaccine worth using, a major trial showed

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-50-7-123134411.html

 

Yes - this is classically an uniformed way of unanalytically looking at the available information.

you need to see how this sometimes peer reviewed papers are compiled and on who and in which numbers...... the 50% figure was derived from helathworkers of all ages in either Peru or chilly or Brazil.

Other figures are relating to hosplialisations in older groups - e.g. over 70 so you are basically comparing apples and oranges.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 6:20 AM, Mavideol said:

what's the population of Israel, Bahraim or Serbia.... China is not on the list  maybe the reason is due to poor vaccine quality/efficiency  555

 

China's Sinovac vaccine is 50.7% effective against COVID-19, just reaching the threshold to be a vaccine worth using, a major trial showed

https://www.yahoo.com/news/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-50-7-123134411.html

 

here is a current list - UK is doing well but not as well as the government would have you think...this is FULL vaccination....

 

 

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 13.48.45.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 8:53 AM, Jurg said:

What exactly did your card certify? What was written on the card? 

That I had received two injections of the Moderna covid 19 vacinations, the second one being on 03/22/2021, which was more than 14 days prior to my arrival in Thailand.  

One like this one, which I found on the internet. 

Free Perks for COVID-19 Vaccine Krispy Kreme Staples Sam Adams

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2021 at 1:51 PM, kwilco said:

here is a current list - UK is doing well but not as well as the government would have you think...this is FULL vaccination....

 

 

Screenshot 2021-04-16 at 13.48.45.png

First dose gives good protection after 3 weeks as illustrated by only 1882 new cases today and falling. Also, your chart is out of date. Now 10 million people have recieved 2nd dose which is 19% of adults. Currently administering 500,000 second doses per day and around 140k 1st doses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, polpott said:

First dose gives good protection after 3 weeks as illustrated by only 1882 new cases today and falling. Also, your chart is out of date. Now 10 million people have recieved 2nd dose which is 19% of adults. Currently administering 500,000 second doses per day and around 140k 1st doses.

The chart is dated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, polpott said:

First dose gives good protection after 3 weeks as illustrated by only 1882 new cases today and falling. Also, your chart is out of date. Now 10 million people have recieved 2nd dose which is 19% of adults. Currently administering 500,000 second doses per day and around 140k 1st doses.

The chart is dated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, polpott said:

First dose gives good protection after 3 weeks as illustrated by only 1882 new cases today and falling. Also, your chart is out of date. Now 10 million people have recieved 2nd dose which is 19% of adults. Currently administering 500,000 second doses per day and around 140k 1st doses.

The drop in cases is orunarily due to lockdown regulations in UK 

Drops in deaths and serious amongst elderly is helped by vaccinations.

Until the numbers get to 70% of population the herd immunity won't kick in.

As I said originally until people are FULLY VACCINATED they won't qualify for a valid level of vaccination to enter countries like Thailand who are requiring vaccination to avoid quarantine.

As there is now a third wave of Covid sweeping the world, Thailand is going to be very wary of allowing foreigners in to their population which is still in its infancy with regards to vaccination.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kwilco said:

share-people-fully-vaccinated-covid.png

The chart is wrong.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56794047

 

"More than 10 million people in the UK have received a second dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, according to the latest government figures.

It means more than 19% of UK adults are now fully vaccinated, while nearly 33 million people have had their first dose."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2021 at 5:44 PM, snoop1130 said:

From 1 April, foreign tourists who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are only required to undergo 7 days of quarantine.

 

April 1st. How very appropriate. Who on earth is going to come to Thailand and instead of sitting on a beach, will be happy to stay in 7 days quarantine?

 

Does the government really think this will be seen as anything but desperation? What a joke.

Edited by ParkerN
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kwilco said:

The drop in cases is orunarily due to lockdown regulations in UK 

Drops in deaths and serious amongst elderly is helped by vaccinations.

And you base this on what? Lockdown restrictions are easing in the UK. Kids are back at school and you can go for a pint yet still number of new cases continues to fall.

 

10 deaths yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, polpott said:

The chart is wrong.

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56794047

 

"More than 10 million people in the UK have received a second dose of a Covid-19 vaccine, according to the latest government figures.

It means more than 19% of UK adults are now fully vaccinated, while nearly 33 million people have had their first dose."

 

"The chart is wrong."

 

OK. And this would surprise you why?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2021 at 10:25 AM, alex8912 said:

There really won't be except for very tiny countries like Israel or Denmark. The United States will have dozens and dozens of " passports " by this summer. Thailand can figure it all out I'm sure. 

 

Can you please share some US examples.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I think there will be a modified approved list later seeing the latest development. A few countries have stopped using certain vaccines.

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-56744474#:~:text=Denmark has ceased giving the,vaccination programme by several weeks.

Denmark has not stopped the AZ because of its effectiveness and efficacy, rather because of extremely rare cases of adverse reaction. I think you are very wrong and just on a mission to discredit AZ

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Denmark has not stopped the AZ because of its effectiveness and efficacy, rather because of extremely rare cases of adverse reaction. I think you are very wrong and just on a mission to discredit AZ

 

No, I'm not on a mission. Just presenting the facts with reliable source for those who want to know the truth.

 

This is another source that clearly said 'it has abandoned and NOT suspended temporarily".

 

https://www.euronews.com/2021/04/14/denmark-becomes-first-country-in-europe-to-abandon-astrazeneca-s-covid-vaccine

 

 

Edited by EricTh
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EricTh said:

 

No, I'm not on a mission. Just presenting the facts with reliable source for those who want to know the truth.

 

This is another source that clearly said 'it has abandoned and NOT suspended temporarily".

 

https://www.euronews.com/2021/04/14/denmark-becomes-first-country-in-europe-to-abandon-astrazeneca-s-covid-vaccine

 

 

I wasn't trying to say Denmark had not stopped using it, perhaps you should take into account my point when I responded. Not going to repeat it again for you though, the picture just gets clearer and clearer

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 6:34 PM, Dogmatix said:

 

It might not matter much.  When they get out of quarantine and find all the bars and massage parlours closed, they might want to get on the next flight home anyway.

No.  Still here. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, polpott said:

And you base this on what? Lockdown restrictions are easing in the UK. Kids are back at school and you can go for a pint yet still number of new cases continues to fall.

 

10 deaths yesterday.

Seems you don't understand the first thing about Covid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...