Phuket and Phang Nga Courses.

JAS21

Well we are part way through a golfing, snorkeling and doing nothing holiday.

We have played all the following at least once and prices are all in.

Katathong ... stay and play 2100 each. Really well looked after course, very nice accommodation, walk out of the room and pool just a few meters away ... eat somewhere else though. At present course is closed Mon, Tues and Wed but the guy In charge said as we wanted to arrive on a Sunday, we could play Monday... had the course to ourselves... caddies good had 001 and 003 and they had been there since opening about six years ago.

Blue Canyon ... Lakes course 1500thb and Canyon course 1800thb. Canyon is the better one. They also do a stay-play-stay-play, basically you stay there for nothing. 

Mission Hills ... 2200thb including a meal. Nice course but was a bit dry... not now though as it’s pissing down today. Opinion was Blue Canyon better.

Kirinara ... only a 9-hole course but several holes have two greens. 500thb for 9 and 1000thb for 18. An absolutely beautiful course to play and to look at. Lovely greens. Really is a must if in the area.. Understand that a member owns the course. Only have twelve caddies so they told me!

Have yet to play the Navy course at Tublamu, if it doesn’t stop raining seems we won’t 800thb.

At present accommodation is quite affordable...this week we are staying Eden Beach Khao Lak Resort and Spar.. very nice 5star for 1300thb/day with breakfast.

If interested you can purchase 5 vouchers for 6500thb ... superior room or Delux, not sure which as we did something slightly different... and you can use anytime up to the end of October and there is an upgrade option.

In Phuket we stayed at Dewa 1400thb, can also recommend that.

So dive in while the prices are low. I don’t know how but some days meals have been free or big discount.. some gov scheme, also My wife says they gave her 7000thb to spend!

Have found ... go direct to the hotel for price and ask for promotion, is the way to go.

Will be back home before Songram madness...

• Like 1

At Kirinara yesterday, Met the son of the family who own the course, very nice guy called ‘ Coin’ ... apparently his brother is one of the top two PGA golfers in Thailand.

Went to look at the navy course earlier, pretty rough but by the sea.. considered playing it until found out dual pricing 1370thb for me...

So Kirinara tomorrow morning if no rain...1000thb every day...