tramadol pattaya where tu buy ?

questionsreplies

I bought it from a pharmacist a while ago in preparation for a dental implant. Didn't need it as it turned out.

AFAIK you can still buy it in pharmacies, they just limited the amount that can be sold by any one pharmacy because people misuse the drug.

But if you take your prescription into the pharmacy on Walking Street, on the left hand side coming from the beach road, perhaps 100 metres in. I bought it there as I rented an apartment on Walking Street at the time.

• Like 2

Tramadol is not a full blown narcotic.....Its does not get you particularly high and its not particularly fun.......But it does cause me to get very itchy which is very annoying....

It was sold with no restrictions for ages (as it should be) because almost no one abused it...

A few people abused it so lets clamp down on everyone....

The last I heard you could still buy it in limited quantities from pharmacies...

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Head north on Naklua road, go past soi 27 (which is on your right) walk for a minute or two, and you will see a pharmacy clinic. He sells 20 tramadol for 100 baht. Many other places will charge much more.

Incidentally, even at 20 for 100, he is making 50-60 baht.

Avoid the clinic on the right hand side - they will charge 300baht for 20, not including a 100b doctor fee.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

Head north on Naklua road, go past soi 27 (which is on your right) walk for a minute or two, and you will see a pharmacy clinic. He sells 20 tramadol for 100 baht. Many other places will charge much more.

Incidentally, even at 20 for 100, he is making 50-60 baht.

Avoid the clinic on the right hand side - they will charge 300baht for 20, not including a 100b doctor fee.

Hi

Useful post, I used to live on soi 27, aware of the clinic.

So is the pharmacy you mention on the same side of naklua road, just further up from the clinic or on the opposite side of the road ?

Now living soi bukhao, I will try here first but if that fails will take a ride over to naklua.

Is tramadol more effective than ibufrofen?

Thanks

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Good question. I'm assuming as it's a narcotic it's not sold over the counter. So I assume if it's legal/available at all here it would need to be through a doctor's prescription at any hospital. 

Ohhhhh yes it is over the counter. 

OP The chemist opposite utid court hotel sells a box of 500 for around 2k baht. Just ask for big box. 

• Like 1

You can buy it several pharmacies in Pattaya they will sell it no prescription. Even at some of the big name chain places. I believe the rule or law is 10 tablets ok w/o prescription. 50 and the slow release 100 mg. available. Or Ultracet which is a mix with 37.5 mg. Tramadol.  Also, you are suppose to sign your name in the pharmacies record book regarding your purchase.  Most pharmacies however, do not seem to follow these policies

It is a controlled substance in many countries as it is a synthetic opioid.  I  have taken it and do get a slight high feeling even from 50 mg. similar to Vicodin for me.  Research and see it can become very addicting with some severe withdrawal issues when stopped after longer term use.

I would try something else without the narcotic.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

On 4/2/2021 at 3:25 PM, bkk6060 said:

You can buy it several pharmacies in Pattaya they will sell it no prescription. Even at some of the big name chain places. I believe the rule or law is 10 tablets ok w/o prescription. 50 and the slow release 100 mg. available. Or Ultracet which is a mix with 37.5 mg. Tramadol.  Also, you are suppose to sign your name in the pharmacies record book regarding your purchase.  Most pharmacies however, do not seem to follow these policies

It is a controlled substance in many countries as it is a synthetic opioid.  I  have taken it and do get a slight high feeling even from 50 mg. similar to Vicodin for me.  Research and see it can become very addicting with some severe withdrawal issues when stopped after longer term use.

I would try something else without the narcotic.

Yeah, I was considering before and read the cautions and risks and decided it wasn't worth it. Of course for very serious pain, such concerns usually go out the window.

I have been taking Tramadol for many years before a hip replacement and after wards. I have never been addicted to this drug nor had any problems with stopping its use. It is much more effective than ibuprofen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Funny they should sell Tramadol (a controlled substance in many countries) without as much as a prescription. At the same time from what I understand srandard sleeping pills are nearly impossible to get (I do not mean crappy hangover-inducing stuff like anti-histamines).

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 12:32 AM, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I was considering before and read the cautions and risks and decided it wasn't worth it. Of course for very serious pain, such concerns usually go out the window.

you're so brave...

The hospital gave me Ultracet (Tramadol and Paracetamol) after I had surgery to repair broken and dislocated bones in my wrist and foot recently (motorcycle accident - fully insured).

I try not to take pain medication normally. I don't want to mask the pain and then do things I shouldn't be doing (i.e. trying to walk to the store when I'm not supposed to be walking as far as the bathroom according to the surgeon who repaired me).
However, I had to take a few (1 tablet, 3 times a day) in the first couple days after the surgeries. Then I stopped as the pain was manageable without them, though I had to take one the other night so I could sleep and last night I broke down around 3 am and took one so I could try and get some sleep.

They work far better than the Tylenol 500s that I use when I have a migraine. I still have some left from what the hospital "gave" me. If I use them I may go to the local pharmacy and ask for another "strip" (10 tabs per strip).

I thought they were "prescription" only but - This is Thailand.

I take Miracid (or Omesec) for acid reflux. Not a prescription medication (I think) but they will only sell it to me when the pharmacist is in the shop. Even though she/he doesn't do anything more than take the box from the cabinet and give it to her/his assistant to ring up, they can't do it without her/him being there.

May be the same deal with Tramadol. May be that it can be OTC - if the pharmacist is present. But if he/she isn't, they can't sell it. 

Once I feel well enough to "walk to the store" (only 300 meters away actually) I will give it a try. Long way to go without putting any weight on the ball of your foot or bending your toes though.

5 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The hospital gave me Ultracet (Tramadol and Paracetamol) after I had surgery to repair broken and dislocated bones in my wrist and foot recently

Ahhh... now I understand why the longer posts! I have had to up my temnol too. ????