How to call AIS outside thailand?

AliaWhite

Ok this the number I found

+662-271-9000 (International AIS and SIM2Fly help desk)

But I need to talk to some one who speak English.

There is a recording message that says something like for English press this number. But the way she says it is not clear to me

I pressed some random numbers but still there is some recording message in Thai language.

can someone help me and tell me what number should I press?

2 hours ago, lodstewart said:

why do you ned to call them ?  from where ?, perhaps one of us can help with your problem

My guess would be a roaming issue.

7 hours ago, AliaWhite said:

SIM2Fly

Have had issues with these travel SIMs, and have had to call (it's free) to get the SIM re-set, which then allows it to register on the partner's network.

Could be:

the phone doesn't support the local roaming partner's network frquency 

there is no signal in a specific area from a roaming partner

But, yes, ask here, maybe someone can help.

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/sim2fly/en/

Where I see this telephone number (different than the one the OP lists):

Free of charge for calling
to AIS CALL CENTER
+662-078-9000

AIS also offer support via a chat function (web and/or mobile app)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My guess would be a roaming issue.

Have had issues with these travel SIMs, and have had to call (it's free) to get the SIM re-set, which then allows it to register on the partner's network.

Could be:

the phone doesn't support the local roaming partner's network frquency 

there is no signal in a specific area from a roaming partner

But, yes, ask here, maybe someone can help.

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/sim2fly/en/

Where I see this telephone number (different than the one the OP lists):

Free of charge for calling
to AIS CALL CENTER
+662-078-9000

AIS also offer support via a chat function (web and/or mobile app)

yes I agree, thats why the op should give some info on the problem,

always members on here that are only too pleased to assist where they can

• Like 1

I have been connected to many in Thailand and I travel back and forth frequently until this year......  I have an AIS SIM card account in Thailand so I am familiar.... BUT.... I NEVER USE MY AIS outside Thailand....

Let me help you and any other TV Forum users who haven't discovered 'LINE"..... You can go to your phones 'APP STORE' and type in the search box..... 'LINE' .....and download it into your smartphone....... THEN.... as long as both parties have internet (and who doesn't now days) You can talk together (as well as send stickers or few word messages) for hours for FREE.............. FREE ..... ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD......

I have limited experience with What'sAp..... another similar free service..... But I think may be similar to 'LINE'

I'm stuck in the USA over 1 year now (It could be same in Australia, Sweden, Germany, ETC......)   I can talk to my friends in Thailand (or Sweden) for hours for free, as long as we both have 'INTERNET' connection....

SKYPE is another good one for direct dialing phone calls... You deposit a fee (approx $10 USD) and you can use it for a year or more and your calls are charged to your account at about 1-2 cents per minute (USD)  SKYPE is a EURO company and very cheap..... THERE IS REALLY NO NEED TO PAY 'AIS' THEIR HORRIBLY EXPENSIVE FEES.....

PM or reply if you want more clarification.....  I love my LINE, and I use the hell out of it.....

Edited by kensawadee
to add a few words
  • Like 2

Yes, LINE is wonderful, assuming you have internet access, and every single other person you wish to communicate with also has LINE. Fairly certain most are familar with LINE's popularity here in Thailand? The LINE app penetration rate here is probably over 100% (mulitple phones). It is probably one of the most recognizable brands here.

Line Man also awesome for ordering food.

These various Thai travel SIMs are really meant to provide internet access (primarily) out of the box for people traveling from Thailand to somewhere else.

Enabling WiFi calling allows for cheap domestic rates when traveling anywhere, assuming you have WiFi. You can call Thailand, or someone in Thailand can call you, for ~ 1 baht/min.

All that said, not sure what the OP's real issue is or was. Could have been something as simple as adding value to their SIM?