2021 (2564) Property Taxes

Banana7

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

Got the property tax bill from Pattaya City Hall today. Looks like they are giving a 90% discount again if you pay before June 2021.

When I paid last year and got the 99+% discount, they told me that next year it would be around 550 Baht instead of the usual 7,500 Baht, so a bit more than 90%.

You can only pay it, though, once you've received the letter. Last year my handyman was dead keen to go and get his discount after he saw the paperwork proving mine, but when he went to City Hall they told him to go away and only come back when he got the letter.

Classic stealth tax. Can be put up to 100pc anytime after they have registered everybody. Also because it is currently low people are not claiming exemptions so when it does go to 100pc city hall will say 'you paid it before so you must pay again'!

6 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Classic stealth tax. Can be put up to 100pc anytime after they have registered everybody. Also because it is currently low people are not claiming exemptions so when it does go to 100pc city hall will say 'you paid it before so you must pay again'!

I would not be surprised if they say,  "90% discount on land tax for this year.  now here is your bill for all your other years, at 100%, plus late fees."  Cha Ching.  ????

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chilly07 said:

What are the exemptions?

They do seem keen this year, my bill arrived this afternoon. It's printed in one of those old-fashioned things where you have to tear the edges off and then open it out. Still, it's for the hugely-discounted amount as expected, so once again I'll be using the savings to pay for my Christmas turkey, Thank you so much, Muang Pattaya!

• Like 1

Happy days are here again, lol!

I sent the GF off to City Hall this morning to pay the 581 Baht that they'd sent me a bill for. When she returned, she said that they are giving an extra Covid discount now so that the 581 Baht was reduced to just 68 Baht, 10 Baht more than the 58 Baht I paid last year. 

She also said that it was very busy there and she was told that you can now pay the bill (or will be able to next year, I'm not 100% sure which) in a bank. She was told that SCB or Krung Thai can do it for you, but I don't know if they're the only options.

Anyway, no complaints at this end.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Happy days are here again, lol!

I sent the GF off to City Hall this morning to pay the 581 Baht that they'd sent me a bill for. When she returned, she said that they are giving an extra Covid discount now so that the 581 Baht was reduced to just 68 Baht, 10 Baht more than the 58 Baht I paid last year. 

She also said that it was very busy there and she was told that you can now pay the bill (or will be able to next year, I'm not 100% sure which) in a bank. She was told that SCB or Krung Thai can do it for you, but I don't know if they're the only options.

Anyway, no complaints at this end.

Surprisingly I got a bill this year. Have been at the City Hall some weeks ago and they sent me home because the computer didn't have the amounts yet. Now I paid at Krung Thai. You have to do this at the teller (10 Baht fee). And don't forget the passport!!! 

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

10 Baht fee

Yes, I forgot that but the GF did mention it, basically the same 10 Baht fee as is charged if you pay your TOT bill at the local 7-eleven. Given what  farang-unfriendly dump the tax office at City Hall is, this is really a big improvement.

Edited by Guderian