Horror at B-Quick

pedro01

B-Quick staff can be strange sometimes, I suspect they do it on purpose to sabotage the company, probably because of a poor supervisor giving them <deleted> and them taking revenge on customers

they probably didn't have the thing in stock, and wanted you to leave, so why bother give you a price if they don't have it in stock

problem solved, Thai style ????

At a ‘rim' shop years ago...  I was interested in new set of 22” Alloys..

I pulled up outside the ‘rim’ shop and wanted to go in and have a browse. The staff (owner?) came out and asked what I was interested in, I said rims for this car. 

He asked me for my car keys and I don’t know why, but I gave them to him. He proceeded to my car and got in. 

I told him to get out and it didn’t, so I grabbed him arm and pulled him out. I got in and drove off. 

I was with a friend at the time, non of us could work out what the guy thought he was doing? ensuring he had a captive audience by taking the car and putting it non a ramp?

There are some very very odd happenings in various industries and services here, thinks and just make us shake our heads, there’s logic in their somewhere, but it is so alien to us we can’t recognise anything but the <deleted><kwittery !!! 

Op: Given your story, the only thing that doesn’t surprise me is that you didn’t drive off sooner. 

That said, at the B-Quick on Sukhumvit 71, I rocked up with a slow puncture. They guy asked for my car keys and again I just handed them to him, he gets in my car and puts it on the ramp, found the puncture (a screw), plugged the tyre, checked the air-pressure in the other tyres and had the car back to me in minutes (less than 10). B-Quick would not accept payment for plugging my tyre. 

Another story:  I’d driven up to Mae Sot and had a blow out along he way (rear left, blew out at about 80kmh - no major issues). I change the spare and decided to order a new set of tyres. No garage up there had anything like the correct sized tyres for my 4x4. I had to get my Wife to a tyre shop in Bangkok and send the tyres up on a bus as ‘cargo’ !!!...  it worked, my tires arrived, I took them to the same tyre shop which couldn’t help me earlier. 

But, the machine couldn’t put the tires on the car - the guy asked me for my keys, and again, I gave him my keys. He gets into my car and drives off !!! W.TF ??? - what is it with people in the car industry just getting your keys and driving your car without an explanation ???? !!!!  the guy came back an hour later with the 4 new tires on my Car !!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

they probably didn't have the thing in stock, and wanted you to leave, so why bother give you a price if they don't have it in stock

problem solved, Thai style ????

I don’t know about that.... Isn’t ‘mai-mee’ one of the most common ‘Thai to Farang’ phrases ?? they could have just said that instead of going through the song and dance described by the Op. 

• Like 1

Did the Tyre shop say anything about the state of the Tyres which they removed.

You changed all four?

What were the rear Tyres like? Your car is rear wheel biased I think.

Go to Tompson Garage... they have Hofmann alignment equipment. Also they specialize in Mercedes repairs so will know if you have a problem.

Also there must be an MB C43 Club on FB or LINE where you will find quite some experts...and can swap experiences.

I find our MBEQ-TH group very useful.

Just a thought do you often drive to Pai....

I've had mixed results with B-Quik. though I've never bought tires from them as they are more expensive than at other shops for the same tire. 

Tyre plus are very good though, and their prices for their limited range of tires is competitive. They mostly stock michelins. 

14 hours ago, tgw said:

B-Quik --- irony ?

Quick to take your money, I think 555. I needed to repeatedly return to them to fix problems after they supposedly fixed my car. Problems with the air cond unit, using the wrong fan belt - witch I think damaged on of my pulleys that cost 5K to relapce at aindependent honda garage (where I should have done my air cond in the first place!)

12 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Did the Tyre shop say anything about the state of the Tyres which they removed.

You changed all four?

What were the rear Tyres like? Your car is rear wheel biased I think.

Go to Tompson Garage... they have Hofmann alignment equipment. Also they specialize in Mercedes repairs so will know if you have a problem.

Also there must be an MB C43 Club on FB or LINE where you will find quite some experts...and can swap experiences.

I find our MBEQ-TH group very useful.

Just a thought do you often drive to Pai....

No comments - other than asking me if I wanted to do a few donuts in the car park to get it out of my system before they strapped the new ones on.

Rears are down but have a few months in them at least. 

I also thought mine was more rear wheel - but allegedly it's AWD the moment you put your foot down or when it feels you need the traction. It doesn't feel like  RWD at all but doesn't feel like FWD either.

1 hour ago, pedro01 said:

No comments - other than asking me if I wanted to do a few donuts in the car park to get it out of my system before they strapped the new ones on.

Rears are down but have a few months in them at least. 

I also thought mine was more rear wheel - but allegedly it's AWD the moment you put your foot down or when it feels you need the traction. It doesn't feel like  RWD at all but doesn't feel like FWD either.

I think you have the basic 4MATIC and not the +. It is 60/40 split until as you say... give it some...and then the system does all sorts of wonderful things to assist you...

B-Quik is owned by a guy from the Netherlands I think it is. So ironically, probably the most European of the outfits. Funnily enough though, I had a similar experience with them, and then also went to Tyre Plus. Short while later I drove off with a set of 4 new well priced tyres without any drama.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:35 AM, richard_smith237 said:

At a ‘rim' shop years ago...  I was interested in new set of 22” Alloys..

I pulled up outside the ‘rim’ shop and wanted to go in and have a browse. The staff (owner?) came out and asked what I was interested in, I said rims for this car. 

He asked me for my car keys and I don’t know why, but I gave them to him. He proceeded to my car and got in. 

I told him to get out and it didn’t, so I grabbed him arm and pulled him out. I got in and drove off. 

I was with a friend at the time, non of us could work out what the guy thought he was doing? ensuring he had a captive audience by taking the car and putting it non a ramp?

There are some very very odd happenings in various industries and services here, thinks and just make us shake our heads, there’s logic in their somewhere, but it is so alien to us we can’t recognise anything but the <deleted><kwittery !!! 

Op: Given your story, the only thing that doesn’t surprise me is that you didn’t drive off sooner. 

That said, at the B-Quick on Sukhumvit 71, I rocked up with a slow puncture. They guy asked for my car keys and again I just handed them to him, he gets in my car and puts it on the ramp, found the puncture (a screw), plugged the tyre, checked the air-pressure in the other tyres and had the car back to me in minutes (less than 10). B-Quick would not accept payment for plugging my tyre. 

Another story:  I’d driven up to Mae Sot and had a blow out along he way (rear left, blew out at about 80kmh - no major issues). I change the spare and decided to order a new set of tyres. No garage up there had anything like the correct sized tyres for my 4x4. I had to get my Wife to a tyre shop in Bangkok and send the tyres up on a bus as ‘cargo’ !!!...  it worked, my tires arrived, I took them to the same tyre shop which couldn’t help me earlier. 

But, the machine couldn’t put the tires on the car - the guy asked me for my keys, and again, I gave him my keys. He gets into my car and drives off !!! W.TF ??? - what is it with people in the car industry just getting your keys and driving your car without an explanation ???? !!!!  the guy came back an hour later with the 4 new tires on my Car !!

Can you give me your car keys? lol

• Haha 1

On 4/3/2021 at 2:39 AM, richard_smith237 said:

I don’t know about that.... Isn’t ‘mai-mee’ one of the most common ‘Thai to Farang’ phrases ?? they could have just said that instead of going through the song and dance described by the Op. 

I've had that said to me loads of times, I now tend to ignore them and take a look for myself, and often find what i want.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2021 at 3:02 PM, canthai55 said:

Need aircon service - visit an aircon shop.

Need tires - visit a tire shop.

Do you go to a dentist to have your prostate checked ?

Good point but makes me wonder if the dentist would indeed put you 'on a ramp'  and proceed to do the exam before declaring that he needed better equipment than his finger and make a new appointment for you next week. 

Let the buyer beware I guess. Same story in every country on the planet unfortunately. 

I still have nightmares about B-Quick. I'll never go to that place again, they are a bunch of charlatants. They set themselves in very busy Shopping Complexes, peoples get their car in and go shopping, go back to get their car and , of course, if it's ready you get a bill longer that your arm. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2021 at 12:18 AM, pedro01 said:

So we gave them a 10 min head start and as I passed him, I dropped it down so the exhaust was screaming and popping as we went by.

The only appropriate thing to do with a car like that !!!...  

Hope you find many tunnels to drive through...