Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Thailand reduces quarantine period from April: 5 things to know


Recommended Posts

I think they should be looking at giving vaccines to all

in Thailand as a first priority always on about looking after the Tourist first 

Plus Importing more vaccines and giving out at a faster rate 

 keep hearing the private sector international hospitals are supposed to be getting but when and at what cost 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2021 at 1:10 AM, hioctane said:

These quarantine days are a bit misleading. I believe 10 days is really 12 nights and 13 days and 7 days is really 9 nights and 10 days. They are not counting the first and last day. I think I will wait for Phuket July 1.

Can you leave Phuket though before the no quarantine October 1st kicks in? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crazykopite said:

If you’ve got a vaccine certificate there is absolutely no need to quarantine Thailand can kiss goodbye to tourists for 2021 if they continue with this ridiculous policy . What’s the point of having a vaccine in the first place if countries continue to insist on quarantine 

I agree what the bloody point in getting the jab Maybe the job dont work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

If you’ve got a vaccine certificate there is absolutely no need to quarantine Thailand can kiss goodbye to tourists for 2021 if they continue with this ridiculous policy . What’s the point of having a vaccine in the first place if countries continue to insist on quarantine 

Absolute rubbish! Vaccines are simply not 100%. Masks, handwashing & physical distance will continue & our life will become one of endless boosters for new strains.

 

I'd like to see Novavax (USA), Sputnik V (Russia) & Soberana 2 (Cuba), Abdala (Cuba) added to approved vaccines.

 

Any of you planning vaccine tourism?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Irrespective of how many Vaccines are included by the Thai Authorities into their "Approved " list, and even if the Quarantine period was only for One day, Tourists with an Ounce of Brain will not visit Thailand.

Why ? Because the population have not been Vaccinated, and this leaves open the very real risk that Covid could possibly be carried back to their Homelands by the Tourists.

Thats even if they are allowed to Vacation in Thailand by their Governments who may see Thailand as a high risk Country, and bar any travel to the Kingdom.

With very little sign, and cohesion on Vaccinating the Citizens of Thailand, the Country will have to wait a long time to see any real number of Tourists visiting their Wats Etc.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 9:12 AM, HashBrownHarry said:

Totally agree, cleanest the beaches / water has been for many many years, great prices at hotels and no one about.

And nowhere to go..........................................

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, masvil said:

 

Don't hold your breath, it’s possible that people who are fully vaccinated could still spread the virus.

That article is almost one month old. 

As of the latest US CDC data. out of 77 million vaccinated people 5800 people have been infected.  which represent a statistically insignificant  .008%

PUBLISHED MON, APR 19 202111:09 AM EDTUPDATED MON, APR 19 20211:26 PM EDT

" CDC says fewer than 6,000 Americans have contracted Covid after being fully vaccinated"

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/cdc-says-there-have-been-less-than-6000-breakthrough-covid-cases-among-fully-vaccinated-americans.html

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

And nowhere to go..........................................

I went to many places when i was there, day trips to various islands and restaraunts and bars at night.

 

This was early November.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sirineou said:

As of the latest US CDC data. out of 77 million vaccinated people 5800 people have been infected.  which represent a statistically insignificant  .008%

PUBLISHED MON, APR 19 202111:09 AM EDTUPDATED MON, APR 19 20211:26 PM EDT

" CDC says fewer than 6,000 Americans have contracted Covid after being fully vaccinated"

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/19/cdc-says-there-have-been-less-than-6000-breakthrough-covid-cases-among-fully-vaccinated-americans.html

 

The article you linked explain how vaccine is effective again COVID-19. Consider that COVID-19 is NOT coronavirus, COVID-19 is a disease caused by coronavirus. It’s possible that people who are fully vaccinated could still spread the virus even if they don't contract COVID, that's why quarantine is also needed for vaccinated people.

 

I just realized @richard_smith237 explained it much better than me with a great post 🙂

Edited by masvil
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 4:58 AM, Olivie said:

7 days if you are vaccinated and 10 days if you are not?

Thank you but I will wait a little bit, until we don't have to do quarantine when vaccinated.

7 days quarantine before getting released into the latest lockdown in non-vaccinated Thailand. 

 

Hard pass.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, masvil said:

 

The article you linked explain how vaccine is effective again COVID-19. Consider that COVID-19 is NOT coronavirus, COVID-19 is a disease caused by coronavirus. It’s possible that people who are fully vaccinated could still spread the virus even if they don't contract COVID, that's why quarantine is also needed for vaccinated people.

 

I just realized @richard_smith237 explained it much better than me with a great post 🙂

There is a big difference between possible and probable.  Many things in life are possible , they are called acceptable risks. We take one every time we cross the street. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 7:35 PM, crazykopite said:

If you’ve got a vaccine certificate there is absolutely no need to quarantine Thailand can kiss goodbye to tourists for 2021 if they continue with this ridiculous policy . What’s the point of having a vaccine in the first place if countries continue to insist on quarantine 

 

All it takes is one breakthrough case to spark it off.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Albert Zweistein said:

No, at home they call me tricky dicky.

With modern medical technology you know they can straighten it  out. 🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2021 at 2:35 AM, crazykopite said:

If you’ve got a vaccine certificate there is absolutely no need to quarantine Thailand can kiss goodbye to tourists for 2021 if they continue with this ridiculous policy . What’s the point of having a vaccine in the first place if countries continue to insist on quarantine 

Yeah but they dont get it   - are sure we all wil do anything to TH -   " dirty farangs"  and be treated like the pure <deleted>  - like we wil beg them ? let them sink deeper  maybe they wil understand  it-  but I doubt. .   How about Vietnam  ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2021 at 11:49 PM, AgMech Cowboy said:

What's missing in all this is why a person who has had COVID19 and recovered should have to be vaccinated.

Because the antibodies wear off over time. Even vaccine effectiveness will wear off in 6 months to a year and we will need to get boosters. It will be a lot easier to get boosters if it lumped with the flu shot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...