Water from AC.

NoshowJones

About 3 months ago, I asked here about little spits of water coming from my AC, I was told it needed cleaned, so I got a guy in to clean it and it solved the problem.

Now the same thing is happening again, apart from that, the AC is working perfectly, surely it doesn't need cleaned again, or does it?

it runs at 26 with the low speed air flow if that means anything.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

I the past 3 months has it been running 24/7 or just a hour or two here and there ?

No, it is on most days through the day and always off from about 11pm till about 10am every day.

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Frequency of cleaning is anywhere from about 3 months to a year. The time depends on the dust in your environment and skill in the original installation.

The drops tell you that the outflow is blocked so that at least needs cleaning.

I will get the guy to clean it after the weekend, thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As SWW alluded to, it is likely the drain. If it requires cleaning every few months you may want to have a look at it as it likely needs reconfiguring.

If you set the fan on "high" and set the mode to "fan" and leave it run all day, it will dry out the inside of the unit. I do this once a month when I clean the filters on all my units. I have not had to have anyone out to clean any of the coils in a few years. 

I've had a cassette unit for over ten years, do the same monthly maintenance on it and have never had to have it serviced. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nickcar said:

Water can also be caused by inadequate liquid in the compressor. 

If the refrigerant is low, the evaporator coil will often ice-over and as it melts it will sometimes blow out in the airstream, yes. 

Is that what you mean?

Condensation should be caught in the drip tray and discharge outside. Check drip tray and pipe to outside. In theory AC should be cleaned at 3 MTH intervals but older units will drip as tray and pipework break down as unfortunately cleaning takes its toll. Solution new AC!

16 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

Condensation should be caught in the drip tray and discharge outside. Check drip tray and pipe to outside. In theory AC should be cleaned at 3 MTH intervals but older units will drip as tray and pipework break down as unfortunately cleaning takes its toll. Solution new AC!

When I had water dripping out of the inside unit, at first I thought something was broken, but it turned out that it was just the water pipe going outside that was blocked with some clear gel-like substance, so need to flush this regularly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

If you can get to the drain pipe outside try blowing hard into the pipe . Might be glogged.  

I'd use a wet-vac on the outside end, you don't want a pipe full of gloop spraying all over the inside of the room ????

• Like 1

The most likely reason is that your condensate line is clogged up.  Look where the drain line is outside of the house and see if any water is coming out when the compressor is running.  There can be a lot of bacteria growing in the line too so I don't recommend blowing into it.  If you can do short bursts of water into the line to try and clear it.  Otherwise call someone to clean the unit for you.

If the refrigerant level is low (meaning you have a leak) in the unit it will start causing the moisture on the inside coil to start freezing and build up ice.  If enough builds up it can hit the fan and start shooting ice out of the unit into the room.  You definitely need a mechanic for this problem.  Then hope they actually know how to find and fix refrigerant leaks and not just recharge the unit leaving the leak there.

• Like 2

water exhaust pipe is clogged and hasn't been correctly cleaned by the idiot.

Use a blowing machine as vacuum to unclog.

Do it regularly and you will never have problems.

Whatever other people will tell you is also wrong.

image.jpeg.d9f83a3a07745aa1a4e25207db2d2ec4.jpeg

• Like 2

I had this same problem with 2 ACs so had them cleaned but after a few weeks they leaked again. Got a different man in to look and it turns out the ACs were not leaning slightly towards the drain outlet. The guy rehung both units and have not had any problems since.

This was three years ago.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2021 at 10:16 AM, bankruatsteve said:

find it is best to let the fan run 'automatic'.  Also, if you have a "Dry" option, you might try that.

I find automatic is the best settings.  I have to have ours cleaned once a year in Sakon Nakhon.  It's a pretty thorough job with water pressure and cleaning the condenser outside.  Amazingly cheap up in Isaan, around 1400.00 baht for 6 air cons.

Just need to clean your total condensate drain again and maybe regularly.

If an insect is crawling in every time it can be (partial) shut of and then finally your AC water tray is flowing over. 

You could do it yourself, open AC and find drain, clean it over there.

DOnt know if they have n Thailand, but put flexible wire in the tube until it gets out in outside drain.

Trekveer staal 30 meter

Hi  something to consider ... has your ac/leak spit water before this last cleaning ?   or did it just start? 

if a new problem i would have another person clean it .. usually the drain hose is plugged up .. 

all of the other replies sound reasonable also  

but

think .. did it just start ?  .. 

my ac did it to after about a year  .. multiple cleanings and never fixed .. i had ac on full 24/5

Had the same issue. After the third time cleaning we got a guy in that knew his trade: the pipe running the coolant from the outside unit to the inside unit was not to standard - it was too short.

I was sceptical first but he fixed. Apparently, that pipe being too short lead to condensation issues which resulted in water running from the inside unot. It's been running troublefree since months.

9 hours ago, fabruer said:

After the third time cleaning we got a guy in that knew his trade: the pipe running the coolant from the outside unit to the inside unit was not to standard - it was too short.

That may have been what you were told or understood, it is not true.

9 hours ago, fabruer said:

Apparently, that pipe being too short lead to condensation issues which resulted in water running from the inside unot.

You want condensation on the inside unit that then drains to the outside, that’s how dehumidification works.

you had someone who stopped your problem, yes.
It’s not clear that it was the best fix possible,

it is clear that either he could not communicate well or doesn’t understand AC technology.

19 hours ago, chilly07 said:

A new AC unit after 7 years? I shouldn't think so. The one in my bedroom lasted 14 years.