Water from AC.

NoshowJones

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

you had someone who stopped your problem, yes.
It’s not clear that it was the best fix possible,

it is clear that either he could not communicate well or doesn’t understand AC technology.

Sadly that's often the case where service engineers receive little or no formal training.

Then there's the standard BS book used to baffle the customer and extract as much cash from their pocket with minimum effort.

Some great comments in this topic. I particularly like "the unit must slope slightly to one side" to allow drainage. 

Thai's can be quite imaginative when it comes to a lazy fix.

pissedac.jpg.72eb22fd102d9b61ab0486b7d58bae9f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Man came yesterday, did some work on it and would not accept payment as he cleaned it about three months ago, but now the water is coming out just as bad as ever.

One poster said that I should just replace it, but it is only 7 years old and is perfect in every other way, and I am the only one who uses it.

• Haha 1

Had the same thing.  Mold had formed and was blocking the drainage of water so it was pooling and the fan would blow small spits of water.  The Air Conditioner cleaned the AC and said that is was best when AC was first turned on to turn it on high fan and then lower it after it reached the set temperature.  So far so good. 

On 4/4/2021 at 5:20 PM, samtab said:

water exhaust pipe is clogged and hasn't been correctly cleaned by the idiot.

Use a blowing machine as vacuum to unclog.

Do it regularly and you will never have problems.

Whatever other people will tell you is also wrong.

image.jpeg.d9f83a3a07745aa1a4e25207db2d2ec4.jpeg

This is the solution. I used to do it to my AC's in Bangkok. Suck all the gunge out. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2021 at 12:55 PM, possum1931 said:

Water has stopped completely today, that's 4 days after it was fixed, find that very strange, but not complaining.

and then ? any update ?

39 minutes ago, samtab said:

and then ? any update ?

Still having problems, guy fixed it but it only lasted 4 days, am waiting for guy to come and fix it again, my wife keeps on asking him, but he does not seem to bother.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

Buy one of these and suck all the gunge out.

spacer.png

Condensate increases as the humidity rises so will vary from day to day.

That's interesting, but even if I had one, I would not know where to start. there is no one worse than me when it comes to fixing anything.

13 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

Pretty sure that is a blower.  Maybe confused with blowing something else?  ????

So where does the air it blows come from? ???? Oh it has to suck air in so that it can blow it out. Therefore it has two connections. ???? One blow, one suck. Most come with a little bag to collect what has been sucked up.

Anyway. Connect the sucking end to the condensate pipe from the AC ( will need some duct tape) point the blower end out into space and.....voila.????

If you use a small connector pipe duct taped to the nozzle you can quickly suck all your AC units clean.

• Like 2