Extending 60-DAY TR Visa by 30 Days - Requirements?

Hi fellow ThaiVisa folk.  I'm going to be visiting Thai Immigration in Udon Thani next week to extend my 60-day TR visa by 30 days, as the first step towards eventually switching to 90-day Non-O and then extension based on retirement.  I am American, if this matters at all....

Are there any requirements that I need to show proof of, most specifically a flight out at the end of the 30-day extension?  I don't want to change the date of my original flight out until the extension is granted, if I can avoid it.  Any other requirements?  Thanks in advance ....

6 hours ago, gt162 said:

OP, why don't you apply directly to Non O retirement visa and bypass extension with your TR visa?

Maybe he needs the extension to meet the minimum of 15 days remaining requirement to apply for the visa. 

6 hours ago, gt162 said:

OP, why don't you apply directly to Non O retirement visa and bypass extension with your TR visa?

Or, maybe he mistakenly thinks he needs to season funds for 2 months to apply for the change of Visa status to a Non O.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:40 PM, UdonJP said:

Are there any requirements that I need to show proof of, most specifically a flight out at the end of the 30-day extension?  I don't want to change the date of my original flight out until the extension is granted, if I can avoid it.  Any other requirements?  Thanks in advance ....

Passport.

Completed TM7.

Passport photo. (4x6cm)

Copy of Passport data page.

Copy of Visa.

Copy of entry stamp.

Copy of TM6.

1,900 baht fee.

Proof of address.

Ensure a TM30 has been previously filed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 7:48 AM, Tanoshi said:

Passport.

Completed TM7.

Passport photo. (4x6cm)

Copy of Passport data page.

Copy of Visa.

Copy of entry stamp.

Copy of TM6.

1,900 baht fee.

Proof of address.

Ensure a TM30 has been previously filed.

Thank you for this.  I just entered Thailand (Bangkok) on my 60 day TR visa and was confused what I should do before I go apply for my 30 day extension.  

If you don't mind me asking, and sorry for any stupid questions as Im trying to just be prepared, the TM7 form I can just find online and fill out correct?  As for the TM30 this is something that I will need the place I will be renting to complete?  And with that Im assuming I still need to complete a 90 day stay online?

Again, sorry for all the questions, dumb or not, I just want to make sure I go about the process correct.  Thank you alot!

1 hour ago, iamwill2886 said:

If you don't mind me asking, and sorry for any stupid questions as Im trying to just be prepared, the TM7 form I can just find online and fill out correct?  As for the TM30 this is something that I will need the place I will be renting to complete?  And with that Im assuming I still need to complete a 90 day stay online?

TM form can be downloaded here. Fillable TM7 form.pdf You can complete it before going to immigration.

The owner/manager will need to submit the TM30 report. Download if needed. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence101.92 kB · 1204 downloads

No need to worry about 90 day reporting. Not needed until you are on a long stay extension.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iamwill2886 said:

As for the TM30 this is something that I will need the place I will be renting to complete? ...

Yes, the owner of the place you are renting is required by Thai law to file a TM-30 to the local Imm Office notifying them that a foreigner (you) is staying at the premisses.

But you should talk about this with him and make sure that he actually did it.

Otherwise when you visit your local Imm Office for an extension of stay, it will be refused because of no TM-30 filed (and YOU can be fined for your landlord not having done it, yes crazy Thai regulations).

So ask your landlord for a copy of the TM-30 notification he did, and take that with you - together with a copy of your rental contract - when you visit your local Imm Office.

> Do PM me if your landlord is unwilling or clueless about the TM-30, as there are ways of doing it on his behalf or as tenant.

• Like 1