Informing ASQ of new requirements.

I have booked my ASQ, and then received an email detailing which forms I will need to provide before arrival. In the list they have requested a fit to fly certificate, however this is no longer a requirement. Is there any kind of documentation I can show them to prove that I don't need to provide this?

Perhaps this on the certificate of entry application website that no longer mentions a certificate of entry. 

image.png.5becf92df058d17e11de4a9fd803d2d3.png

Source:https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Looking at your previous posts it seems you are traveling form Vietnam. I found this on the embassy facebook page.

May be an image of text

https://www.facebook.com/thaiembhanoi/photos/pcb.2804006169849431/2804006096516105/

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Perhaps this on the certificate of entry application website that no longer mentions a certificate of entry. 

image.png.5becf92df058d17e11de4a9fd803d2d3.png

Source:https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/regis/step?language=en

Looking at your previous posts it seems you are traveling form Vietnam. I found this on the embassy facebook page.

May be an image of text

https://www.facebook.com/thaiembhanoi/photos/pcb.2804006169849431/2804006096516105/

I hope 'valid visa' includes visa free entry. 

We currently still advise getting one, as they are fairly inexpensive.

There have been reports of complications with different airlines.

Eventually this will be sorted out, but with things like this information seems to travel pretty slowly.

Edited by ThaiVisaCentre

3 hours ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

We currently still advise getting one, as they are fairly inexpensive.

There have been reports of complications with different airlines.

Eventually this will be sorted out, but with things like this information seems to travel pretty slowly.

It would have been nice to have the option. However living in a remote area and working 7 days a week mean visiting an embassy or consulate was impossible. In addition to that, although the visa is cheap, the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City requires you to prove a bank balance of over 100,000 baht consistently for over 6 months, which is difficult when Vietnamese banks make it so difficult to deposit your money. Is there anything that I can show the airline as proof of my eligibility? 

Edited by AUinAsia

4 minutes ago, AUinAsia said:

It would have been nice to have the option. However living in a remote area and working 7 days a week mean visiting an embassy or consulate was impossible. In addition to that, although the visa is cheap, the consulate in Ho Chi Minh City requires you to prove a bank balance of over 100,000 baht consistently for over 6 months, which is difficult when Vietnamese banks make it so difficult to deposit your money. Is there anything that I can show the airline as proof of my eligibility? 

There are services that are fully online which can assist with the Fit-To-Fly certificate, and they only charge around $15 USD.

2 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

There are services that are fully online which can assist with the Fit-To-Fly certificate, and they only charge around $15 USD.

F2F no longer required since April 1st.

5 minutes ago, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Oh sorry you meant the fit to fly certificate? I thought you meant the tourist visa. Ok in that case I'd be interested in any information you can provide regarding the fit to fly certificate. Is there a link I can follow? I'd certainly rather have it and not need it, than not have it. After all the expense of booking flights and ASQ.

Edited by AUinAsia

1 minute ago, Tanoshi said:

F2F no longer required since April 1st.

Yes but we have had reports in a few groups that some airlines were still requiring it.

While technically it should NOT be required it seems like everyone has yet to update their requirements accordingly.

2 minutes ago, AUinAsia said:

Oh sorry you meant the fit to fly certificate? I thought you meant the tourist visa. Ok in that case I'd be interested in any information you can provide regarding the fit to fly certificate. Is there a link I can follow?

https://medconsultappointment.simplybook.me/v2/#book/category/1/count/1/

Actually around $13 USD, hardly worth the risk.

I'm sure in a few weeks everyone will not need these, but for now as a precaution it does not hurt.

Just now, ThaiVisaCentre said:

Yes but we have had reports in a few groups that some airlines were still requiring it.

While technically it should NOT be required it seems like everyone has yet to update their requirements accordingly.

https://medconsultappointment.simplybook.me/v2/#book/category/1/count/1/

Actually around $13 USD, hardly worth the risk.

I'm sure in a few weeks everyone will not need these, but for now as a precaution it does not hurt.

Thanks for your help. I'll have a look. Better to be safe than sorry. 

• 2 weeks later...

For the fit to fly letter: Medconsult Asia - 400 baht 

ASQ will have simply blindly copied & pasted a requirements & not updated them - once you are in country there’s nothing the ASQ hotel can do if you don’t have a F2F doc. 

But, the airlines staff at check-in could be awkward if you don’t have the F2F & they are not up to date with the latest regs. 

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is no longer required for entry to Thailand that are not Thai.

Some airlines still don't appear to have got the message and refuse boarding without a F2F.

Entry requirements to Thailand | Finnair Thailand

This is their website as of today and if you call them, they still insist a F2F is required to board.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Some airlines still don't appear to have got the message and refuse boarding without a F2F.

Entry requirements to Thailand | Finnair Thailand

This is their website as of today and if you call them, they still insist a F2F is required to board.

it says this at this moment.

"You must hold a Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued in English earliest 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. From 1April 2021 a Fit to Fly Certificate is no longer required.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

it says this at this moment.

"You must hold a Fit to Fly Health Certificate issued in English earliest 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. From 1April 2021 a Fit to Fly Certificate is no longer required.

Your absolutely correct Joe, I was taking the word of a friend returning shortly via Finnair and didn't fully read it myself.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

For the fit to fly letter: Medconsult Asia - 400 baht

That is no longer required for entry to Thailand that are not Thai.

Of course,  That’s widely understood.

But, the Fit to Fly letter was not required when I flew in on the 1st April - yet I was asked for the Fit to Fly letter both upon Check-In and upon arrival. 

IMO - it’s far better to be in possession of the document to avoid any hassle should the op (or anyone else) find themselves in front of airline check-in staff who have not been informed of the updated regulations. 

Two weeks have passed since the regulations were updated, so one would hope all personnel involved in the ‘travel & arrival process’ are up to date by now. 

For the cost of 400 baht F2F letter, I’d choose to have my bases covered. 

50 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Of course,  That’s widely understood.

But, the Fit to Fly letter was not required when I flew in on the 1st April - yet I was asked for the Fit to Fly letter both upon Check-In and upon arrival. 

IMO - it’s far better to be in possession of the document to avoid any hassle should the op (or anyone else) find themselves in front of airline check-in staff who have not been informed of the updated regulations. 

Two weeks have passed since the regulations were updated, so one would hope all personnel involved in the ‘travel & arrival process’ are up to date by now. 

For the cost of 400 baht F2F letter, I’d choose to have my bases covered. 

At the time we were hearing issues from enough people to advise everyone to get a Fit to Fly certificate.

We have not heard any recent reports of issues in the past week in relation to not having a Fit to Fly certificate (unless it is required by the departing country).

So our current recommendation is to just confirm with the exit requirements of the departing country, and if they do not mention any certificate, then you do not need one. 

You may refer to this regularly updated page about the Thailand Entry Requirements.