Android to Macbook photo backup

Saltire

Some time ago my wife handed her phone to a hone shop employee to find they had deleted all her photos.

She now has a Samsung phone with hundreds of photos on it, many of them she would not want to lose again.

I have a Macbook Pro and want to back them up there. However if her phone was in English this would be easy, there are many software options such as Android File Transfer and others.

The problem is when connecting to my USB the connection is not made and it looks like I have to change the USB settings on her phone to enable USB transfer. Now if her phone was in English, no problem but it's in Thai so not easy to navigate and i dont want to risk <deleted> up some setting that I can't reverse. In addition she is not to tech savvy herself so having her chang the settings is not possible.

Anyone hava a simple solution?

I can think of cloud solutions such as dropbox or Google Drive but again can't set up in Thai.

Any ideas?

SHort term she has sent me in Messenger but I need to upload one by one!

11 minutes ago, robblok said:

How about setting up a dropbox account and setting upload on automatic. It will save all her pictures to the cloud.

Thanks, yes that will work my issue is her phone is all in Thai otherwise this would be the easiest solution. I am not familiar with Android phones so am wary about attempting anything.

If I run out of options I will ive that a go. I already have a dropbox Pro account on my apple devices.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Thanks, yes that will work my issue is her phone is all in Thai otherwise this would be the easiest solution. I am not familiar with Android phones so am wary about attempting anything.

If I run out of options I will ive that a go. I already have a dropbox Pro account on my apple devices.

Thanks

Cant you temporarily set the language to English ? You will have your GF help you a bit then you setup dropbox and done. Then back to Thai language.

• Like 1