Lawn mower, which type for app 100M2 lawn?

guzzi850m2

My cord type lawn mower from 2009 is getting long in the tooth.

I was wondering if anybody here have any experience with the cord-less type?

My old mower have been really good and never required any maintenance but the cord is a nuisance, one time my son almost got electrocuted because he was about to run over the cord but I saw it and intervened.

So for ease of use/safety I would prefer a cord-less mower but wondering if the batteries can last much more the 2-3 years?  

Hope somebody care to share their experience on the subject, thanks.

One here below at 300$

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBQVL5U/?tag=best-lawn-mower-for-small-yards-20

Edited by guzzi850m2

with cordless batteries, it is not so much the number of years - but the Number of Minutes between ReCharges!! 

a 5000W motor might get you 15~25mins if you're lucky...  

but ifn you did go battery in the end - i'd favour the Ryobi Branded ( One+ ) ones...    can get 18V or 36V, which is simply 2 * 18V batts required

• Like 1

Sorry I did not add the fact, that I bought the Greenworks GWS0010 40V shown in the second link for my House in Udon, and it did a fine job on the yard for me.  Charged full it covered the 1/2 Rai lawn with no issues.  My now ex in-laws are still using it 3 years later as they caretake the house for my daughter and ex who are in the states.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

i know its not a battery one, but why not a petrol mower ?

No problems with battery life or charging,

should get many more years out of a petrol one, and much easier if buying a self drive one

I agree, if one has a big area to cut. Our 1.5rai of "lawn" would just be impractical with a battery or corded electric mower.

Our OP's 100m2 (10m x 10m) lawn would just be too small for a petrol unit.

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, Crossy said:

I agree, if one has a big area to cut. Our 1.5rai of "lawn" would just be impractical with a battery or corded electric mower.

Our OP's 100m2 (10m x 10m) lawn would just be too small for a petrol unit.

I’ve been looking for a decent petrol mower - perhaps Honda given that brands reliability- one I have seen is HRJ216,but at 29,000 seems quite steep vs what I saw when back in U.K. recently. On Lazada a lesser model GVX 160 (also 21 inch) is 20,000 so a bit better. I had the impression that they would be cheaper in thailand than U.K. so get the sense that the uncompetitive retail market here is to blame ? 
Any advice on which mowers or where to buy? 

I bought the Honda HRJ 216 from Buriram for 28,000 several years ago from Ruangsangthai in Buriram.  Owner's name is Bob.....speaks perfect  English.  I've had the chance to compare the quality of this mower with comparable Honda mowers in the US........the HRJ is a commercial grade mower......no cheap parts.  After 4 years, I've just replaced one of the rear wheels.  Called up Bob, and he had the replacement wheel in the overnight delivery within 2 days.  I live in Udon......one acre.  The mower gets a workout throughout the year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I bought the Greenworks 40V 21" mower about 5 Months ago.

With one Batterypack I can work for about 45min which cover almost both of our houses lawn.

I'm really happy with it.

Before I gone through 3 corded smaller ones (2 Bosch and one Makita) within 5 years.

They where simply to small for the job and broke down (both Bosch with broken Motors and the Makita with a melted Motor support)

I hope the Greenworks will last longer because of the Steel Deck and Direct Drive Motor.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MoD1977 said:

I bought the Greenworks 40V 21" mower about 5 Months ago.

With one Batterypack I can work for about 45min which cover almost both of our houses lawn.

I'm really happy with it.

Before I gone through 3 corded smaller ones (2 Bosch and one Makita) within 5 years.

They where simply to small for the job and broke down (both Bosch with broken Motors and the Makita with a melted Motor support)

I hope the Greenworks will last longer because of the Steel Deck and Direct Drive Motor.

Time will tell.

I'm a big fan of Greenworks, their kit is very sturdy. I had seriously wanted to buy the lawmower you purchased but the reviews put me off. The reviews said there are two problems, 1) the battery life is not great for a large garden (we have 285 tw), the batteries also get hot and they take a while to cool down before they can be charged. From what you've written that does not seem to be a big problem. 2) an unclear problem that was cited by many people about grass bunching up and acting as a drag on the blade!!

How big is your lawn, pleae?

On 5/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, Brierley said:

I'm a big fan of Greenworks, their kit is very sturdy. I had seriously wanted to buy the lawmower you purchased but the reviews put me off. The reviews said there are two problems, 1) the battery life is not great for a large garden (we have 285 tw), the batteries also get hot and they take a while to cool down before they can be charged. From what you've written that does not seem to be a big problem. 2) an unclear problem that was cited by many people about grass bunching up and acting as a drag on the blade!!

How big is your lawn, pleae?

Hi,

the 1st plot is  205tw and the 2nd is 135tw.

Take of the build area (house, pool, garage, ...) I would say the lawn is about 180tw.

I always do them back to back and normaly I can finish it with 1 Batteryback.

If the grass is very high and the mower need to work harder then I'll need about 1.2 Batterypacks.

If you want to do it yours with 1 pack than maybe aim for the 80V model.

I never experienced the problems you're talking about.

Yes the battery get warm but not hot and you can charge it immediatly.

My Blade is always clean and has no build up on it but I clean the mower after every use with WD40, maybe that prevents it.

• Thanks 1