Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

What new phone to buy?


Recommended Posts

My phone got wet and was repaired but is giving problems again and i pretty well

have to accept i need a new one.

I bought this one nearly three years ago and i know new phones have a lot better features now.

The main thing i use it for is take pictures of the garden and animals and stuff.

Also make a few calls a week but really mostly for pictures,not selfies.

Any idea what to get?My phone now is a Xiaomi and i was pretty happy with it.

Not looking to spend over 5000 baht.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought a Poco M3, 4GB/128GB for 3,800bht from Lazada.

48MP camera, Macro lens, slightly heavy but seems OK.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea of the price / availability in Thailand but I'm very happy with my HMD Nokia 6.1.

It has the advantage of being included in the Android One programme  - other manufacturers are also included of course.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

Have a look at the Motorola G7 power.

An excellent phone which comes in on your budget.

I agree this is a good phone and excellent battery life but less retailers sell it, Big C stopped

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, VBF said:

I have no idea of the price / availability in Thailand but I'm very happy with my HMD Nokia 6.1.

It has the advantage of being included in the Android One programme  - other manufacturers are also included of course.

Lazada THB 3,300

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The wife recently bought an Oppo A53.

 

Excellent battery life, general performance and camera.

 

Can't fault it. Just over 5000bht.

Edited by philba
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

For video/photography, the iPhone 12 Pro Max is way beyond the rest. There is just no comparison. With it you don't need a camera although I personally couple it with a Leica. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the replies,i have a lot of options i see.

Maybe better to pay a bit more to get a better phone but i think all new phones are a lot

better now then the best ones ten years ago?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The new "A" series from Samsung surely worth a look, a little bit over the budget but there are some promotions around...

Edited by Fab5BKK
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VBF said:

Currently cheaper than in UK> Just make sure it's the 6.1 PLUS, (Nokia x6) not the cheaper 6.1

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8972&idPhone2=9178 

Got it thanks .

 Lazada  THB 3460 

 https://www.lazada.co.th/products/nokias-61-plus-nokias-x6-octa-core-58-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-lte-16mp-2160p-i2069520888-s67

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jvs said:

Thank you all for the replies,i have a lot of options i see.

Maybe better to pay a bit more to get a better phone but i think all new phones are a lot

better now then the best ones ten years ago?

 

Did you think about buying a 'real' camera, and a non-smart phone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Did you think about buying a 'real' camera, and a non-smart phone.

I have a real camera already but have not used it for years,i like the idea of only having to carry one thing around.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend to buy a phone in the 10k range, this is about the sweet spot.

There is a quite noticeable difference (in regards of speed, picture quality and so) between a phone in the 10k and one in the 5k range.

But if you compare a 10k phone to a more expensive phone, lets say 20k, there is not much difference, you might not even notice it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jackdd said:

I recommend to buy a phone in the 10k range, this is about the sweet spot.

There is a quite noticeable difference (in regards of speed, picture quality and so) between a phone in the 10k and one in the 5k range.

But if you compare a 10k phone to a more expensive phone, lets say 20k, there is not much difference, you might not even notice it.

what noticeable difference is there between a 5k and 10k phone? 5k are fast and good memory.  I used to buy more expensive phones, but the last 4 have been 5k-8k and all very good

Edited by scubascuba3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

what noticeable difference is there between a 5k and 10k phone? 5k are fast and good memory.  I used to buy more expensive phones, but the last 4 have been 5k-8k and all very good

Nearly everything is noticeable better. Apps open faster, the screen looks crisper, the photos you take look better.

I'm not talking about the specs on the spec sheet, but when comparing 5k vs 10k I think the average person can just "feel" these differences.

(If comparing 10k vs 20k it does of course have better specs, but subjectively you won't notice them much)

Edited by jackdd
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Nearly everything is noticeable better. Apps open faster, the screen looks crisper, the photos you take look better.

I'm not talking about the specs on the spec sheet, but when comparing 5k vs 10k I think the average person can just "feel" these differences.

(If comparing 10k vs 20k it does of course have better specs, but subjectively you won't notice them much)

most people wouldn't notice the difference or at least isn't worth another 5k\100%

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...