Healthy pizza options

Hal65

Not really what the O.P. is looking for specifically but I recommend Marco's Pizza Jomtien in general for a reasonably healthy pizza. The crust is between thin and medium, delicious flavor cooked well, the ingredients are high quality, the tomato sauce is first rate, and the amount of cheese is moderate some might say low  (you can order extra if you want). What makes this "healthier" for me is basically to not eat most of the crust! I would go for a quality pizza over a gimmick of using modified foods which often taste disgusting. Sugar is more lethal than fat anyway. 

Edited by Jingthing

14 minutes ago, Old Nomad said:

Reduced fat food rarely makes sense, it often contains unhealthy additives. It is better to eat the real stuff - just less of it.

Yeah, it's basically a food industry scam. In general they just just add more sugar which is worse to make it edible and then rely on fooling people that it's a healthy product with deceptive marketing. 

• Like 1

All pizza is bad for you especially if you are at that age and need to watch your sugar level.  But in the end you are in luck it is called " moderation "  based on suggestion here get the best one a large and just enjoy yourself.???? 

When it comes to New York Pizza I take a big past.

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

If you love pizza as I do , but you are concerned abut your health. You need to learn to make your own. 

Plenty of how to, on YouTube. They are really very easy to make,  I usually make enough dough to make four pizzas, divide them in four and keep them in the refrigerator  for a week. You can also freeze it for up to three months , but it is so essay to make it's worth having it fresh IMO.

That way you can get creative, Wife does not like tomato Sause, so some times I make white pizza for her. Some times I use the dough to make Calzones . other times I make garlic  bread rolls from it. I use a large cast iron frying pan , placed in the oven. It holds the heat and makes a nice crispy crust. 

pizza.jpg.75caed08976665c2d310d4433fa86105.jpg

Can i come to your house, that looks well tastey!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Iron Tongue said:

What oil does one find in "unhealthy" pizza?

I'm not aware of oil being added to pizza and I've had pizza on 4 continents.

Do you mean the oil that sweats out of pepperoni? 

Wouldn't it be easy to simply not order pepperoni?

Oil isn't necessarily unhealthy anyway, (a Mediterranean diet for example includes regular use) excess perhaps, same with anything and nor is fat from pepperoni for example, again it's all about one's dietry balance.............Regarding you been unaware of oil being added.........I can assure you that it is invariably added around the world, sometimes in multiple stages from on the pan base, in the dough mix and often splashed on top towards the end of cooking or before serving. More often than not it's extra virgin olive oil which IMO is preferable

This reminds me of the story of a man who went to his doctor and asked for how to live longer.  The doctor replied well give up drinking alcohol, smoking cigarettes and sex.  The man asked and how many years will that add to my life.  The doctor replied, well it won't necessarily add any, but it will sure seem a lot longer. 

I would think "healthy and pizza" are mutually exclusive terms and deservedly so.