Cryptocurrency gains momentum in Thailand, across globe

webfact

000_8YD8JJ.jpg

A Bitcoin digital currency ATM shop in Marseille, southern France, on January 8, 2021. (Photo by NICOLAS TUCAT / AFP)

Proponents of cryptocurrency are celebrating after the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reached a conclusion on how to regulate trading of the asset in Thailand.

“Very glad to see this outcome. It seems to be a very highly anticipated decision, and a lot of members of the public have written to the SEC regarding this matter, so I’m very glad to see that we are not going to discriminate against people based on income. Digital assets or cryptocurrency in general is supposed to be about breaking barriers and providing possibilities. I’m glad we are going to still be able to do that,” said Proud Limpongpan, chief strategy officer at Thailand’s leading cryptocurrency exchange, Zipmex.

She was responding to the SEC’s April 1 resolution regarding qualifications for cryptocurrency investors. The SEC stipulated that investors must have experience or training in cryptocurrencies before they will be allowed to trade. The SEC also requires business operators to provide advice on cryptocurrency asset allocation to ensure that investors understand the risks.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/cryptocurrency-gains-momentum-in-thailand-across-globe/

Logo-top-.png

Good news. Waitingbon more places to open up and allow the use of it for making purchases.  Just ordered up my Coinbase Cryptocurrency Visa Debit card from my exchange. Let's see how thecworld responds. Coinbase was just listed on the NASDAQ as well as a tradeable company.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

Cryptocurrency is no longer the future, it's the present....

That they think they can control it is laughable, I think they're beginning to realise this.

I think the countries trying to supress it will regret it in future as they get left behind by those embracing it.

• Like 2

Crypto?  China trying to establish national crypto and US not far behind. After big boys jump on a bandwagon small players will start losing money as regulation will kill private companies.

22 minutes ago, olfu said:

Crypto?  China trying to establish national crypto and US not far behind. After big boys jump on a bandwagon small players will start losing money as regulation will kill private companies.

who are these "small players"?

• Like 1