Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Frankfurt arrivals a sign that Phuket is ready, says Governor


Recommended Posts

Just now, Guderian said:

Did they pick up a plane-load of domestic Thai passengers in Bangkok who wanted to fly to Phuket? If so, who's at the bigger risk, the Thais from the viruses still carried by the vaccinated Germans, or the Germans from the viruses carried by the unvaccinated Thais living in our new Covid hotspot of Krung Thep, lol?

In reality neither. Vaccinated people can't catch Covid so can't pass it on. Equally, an unvaccinated person with Covid can't pass it on to a vaccinated person.

 

A vaccinated person passing it on to another vaccinated person has more chance of winning the lottery.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were 13 tourists in the first flight from Frankfurt. TAT already announced they will spend each 1.264.000 baht per day.

Just because they boarded in Frankfurt, does not necessarily mean they are all frankfurters. That is just the wurst possibility!

Let's hear from these plucky tourists about their fantastic experiences!  Can Thai Visa get statements from them? :  )  Are there any investigative journalists on this website?   Why do

Posted Images

2 hours ago, British Bulldog said:

I wonder how many establishments will be open in Phuket to receive the '16' tourist ! It would be like an auction trying seduce one or all into your; Restaurant, Bar, show place .... 🤔

there is plenty open here an if anyone is lucky enough to travel to phuket they will 100% enjoy their trip

FYI< was in Phuket town this morning and dam, was it crowded on the roads

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elgenon said:

Let's hear from these plucky tourists about their fantastic experiences! 

Can Thai Visa get statements from them? )  Are there any investigative journalists on this website?

 

Why do we only hear from the gov't?

'Investigative Journalism'....in Thailand.....don't make me laugh !

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Olivie said:

They were 13 tourists in the first flight from Frankfurt.
TAT already announced they will spend each 1.264.000 baht per day.

Each tourist will spend 1 million 264 thousand baht per day!!!! 🤔🙄 Really

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Big profit flying 16 pax BKK - HKT. Oh they are bankrupt already ?

This flight would have been Lufthansa and not Thai Airways

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was supprised since Germany is on a full lockdown and lockdowned for a reason. In France no fly international is in force. So I find it a little dangerous and quite contrary to a real lockdown. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I arrived from norwat the 30th march with qatar airways.There was about 30 passengers to Doha.From Doha to bangkok it was just 17 passangers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Believe this must have been a one way repatriation flight. German borders are presently closed and any returning German nationals are required to quarantine upon arrival in Germany 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dazauz said:

Germany is on a full lockdown

Not really full. There is big excitement about a large number of Germans going to Mallorca (Spain) currently.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dialemco said:

Believe this must have been a one way repatriation flight. German borders are presently closed and any returning German nationals are required to quarantine upon arrival in Germany 

Wrong as wrong can be.

Land borders never been closed totally. Just some selected borders/checkpoints with extra requirements.

Flights to Spain and other countries e.g. no problem.

No general quarantine. Selective depending on country of departure.

What you describe is the pipe dream of Ms. Merkel during her last months (lame duck).

Edited by KhunBENQ
Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially the flight had 130 TOURUSTS.

 

ARRIVED IN PHUKET 3 LOCAL THAIS

13 PASSENGERS OR TOURISTS?

Can you give the break down of those 130?

How many are coming for real holiday and for how many days ?

If I have a job and taking holiday my company will not allow me more than 3 solid weeks at one go without good reason. 2 weeks out of 4 will be ok.

Now ,I wait the answers. 

Regards  from N Borneo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany has tons of restrictions for ENTRY to the country.

Thailand is on a low risk list, little to no requirements for Germans to enter from Thailand.

 

I don't find a chapter about leaving the country.

Practically this is controlled by the entry regulations of the destination country (as Thailand in this case).

Those Germans who were locked up behind the wall for about 30 years would react very sensitive!

ENTRY:

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268

Quote

General Entry restrictions

For Germany, travel restrictions apply for entry from a large number of countries. These are issued by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community. Please check with the Federal Ministry of the Interior, Building and Community (BMI) prior to your trip to find out what regulations apply specifically with regard to the country from which you plan to enter Germany.

In principle, entry is possible from:

  • EU member states
  • states associated with Schengen: Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
  • Other countries, from which entry is possible due to the epidemiological situation assessment by the EU.

Entry from any other country is only possible in exceptional cases and is conditional on there being urgent need.

 

Edited by KhunBENQ
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mickymouse1 said:

Can you give the break down of those 130?

How many are coming for real holiday and for how many days ?

If I have a job and taking holiday my company will not allow me more than 3 solid weeks at one go without good reason. 2 weeks out of 4 will be ok.

I can't breakdown. But agree that these will unlikely be two/three week tourists.

Many Germans who came here earlier through the full quarantine were pensioners, long stayers (snowbirds 3 to 6 months). Some with family here, being locked out from their house, car, bank account!

No job, just money 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Guderian said:

Did they pick up a plane-load of domestic Thai passengers in Bangkok who wanted to fly to Phuket? If so, who's at the bigger risk, the Thais from the viruses still carried by the vaccinated Germans, or the Germans from the viruses carried by the unvaccinated Thais living in our new Covid hotspot of Krung Thep, lol?

Ahhh! Lucky 13 plenty of food there to save Phuket

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, dogfish180 said:

Flight initially landed in Bangkok with 130 "Tourists" on board. How do they know they are tourists? My betting is very few are tourists.

From Khun Benq 3 hours ago.

 

Completely against well reputed sources (flightstats, flightradar24).

Departed April 2, arrived April 3:

flight nr. 921 (not 912, can't be found).

nonstop FRA - HKT (not Bangkok, BKK).

Then continue same plane/flight nr. to BKK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Germany has possibly the worst Covid infections in Europe.

Testing has to improve worldwide before the tourism industry recovers.

Thailand should consider injection of it's own souls before worrying about tourism.

Without the hard working people of Thailand there cannot be a tourism industry.

One step at a time.

I just wish the people at the very very top of the tree would get involved,

within a 24 hour period there would be a big turnaround.

Or is it just me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NoComment said:

Germany has possibly the worst Covid infections in Europe.

Testing has to improve worldwide before the tourism industry recovers.

Thailand should consider injection of it's own souls before worrying about tourism.

Without the hard working people of Thailand there cannot be a tourism industry.

One step at a time.

I just wish the people at the very very top of the tree would get involved,

within a 24 hour period there would be a big turnaround.

Or is it just me?

It's not just you. Unfortunately it is all about the money, tourism dollars are easy takings for the government once the spigot turns on, unlike imports and exports.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, webfact said:

The plane initially landed in Bangkok with 130 tourists on board, before continuing to Phuket.

Interesting - I was wondering how travel to Phuket will take place when area quarantine begins on 1 July. Will it be direct flights only or will transit be allowed between your international flight landing at Suvarnabhumi and the domestic flight to Phuket?  If so, will those domestic flights have some form of segregation between domestic and international passengers? What if the domestic flight is from Don Mueang?

 

Thai Airways may be prepared to multi-stop, I doubt many other airlines will.

 

I don't remember seeing anything about permitted types of travel when the announcement regarding area quarantine was made - anyone know?

Edited by KhaoYai
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...