Frankfurt arrivals a sign that Phuket is ready, says Governor

webfact

40 minutes ago, NoComment said:

Without the hard working people of Thailand there cannot be a tourism industry.

Many of those 'hard working people' are not working at all at the moment - due to the lack of tourists.

6 hours ago, polpott said:

In reality neither. Vaccinated people can't catch Covid so can't pass it on. Equally, an unvaccinated person with Covid can't pass it on to a vaccinated person.

As you know, I fully support vaccination but the above is not entirely true. Vaccinated people can and do catch Covid - a study is just beginning in the UK to try to establish just how many people do.  Vaccinated people can transmit the virus too - the only results so far are that vaccinated people 'seem' to transmit the virus much less.

The only 100% proven item regarding the vaccines is that the AZ (and possibly Pfizer) vaccine has been show to be 100% effective at preventing serious illness, hospitalisation and death. There may be similar information on other vaccines - I've only read about the AZ one.

11 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Big profit flying 16 pax BKK - HKT. Oh they are bankrupt already ?

This article says the plane arrived initially in BKK with 130 tourists on board, so did 114 get off in BKK and then the plane flew on to Phuket??? 

there have been direct flights from Singapore for over a month now,

I dont fear incoming tourists with their 2 shots,

I fear the expats and locals travelling to phuket from areas of Thailand where is is bad,

ALSO returning workers to phuket from  around thailand

Truly glad i am anti social  ????

16 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

This article says the plane arrived initially in BKK with 130 tourists on board, so did 114 get off in BKK and then the plane flew on to Phuket??? 

landed in Phuket FIRST!!!!

13 hours ago, webfact said:

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has hailed the arrival of the flight from Frankfurt yesterday (Apr 3) as a positive sign, saying that Phuket is ready to receive international tourists.

by looking at Germany new cases, I wouldn't be that enthusiastic

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/europe/germany-coronavirus-cases.htm

12 hours ago, polpott said:

In reality neither. Vaccinated people can't catch Covid so can't pass it on. Equally, an unvaccinated person with Covid can't pass it on to a vaccinated person.

A vaccinated person passing it on to another vaccinated person has more chance of winning the lottery.

Total nonsense. Please educate yourself first before spouting off false information.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Germany has tons of restrictions for ENTRY to the country.

Thailand is on a low risk list, little to no requirements for Germans to enter from Thailand.

I don't find a chapter about leaving the country.

Practically this is controlled by the entry regulations of the destination country (as Thailand in this case).

Those Germans who were locked up behind the wall for about 30 years would react very sensitive!

ENTRY:

https://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/en/coronavirus/2317268

German friend flew from Germany to South Africa last week, just returned to Germany, 14 day quarantine at home. No probs.

• Like 1