Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Angkor Resort receives almost 4,500 tourists in Q1


Recommended Posts

Angkor Archaeological Park in Siem Reap province welcomed 4,482 foreign tourists in the first three months of this year, earning $185,079.

 

The figures were shared by the Angkor Enterprise, the state-owned institution in charge of Angkor income management, in a press release issued yesterday. The number shows a decline of nearly 99 percent compared to the same period last year.

 

Of the income, underlined the source, $8,964 was donated to Cambodia Kantha Bopha Foundation to support the humanitarian activities of Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospitals. In March alone, the Angkor entrance tickets were sold to 288 foreign tourists, generating $12,256 as income, a year-on-year decline of 99.32 percent and 99.28 percent, respectively.

 

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50833601/angkor-resort-receives-almost-4500-tourists-in-q1/

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geovalin said:

In March alone, the Angkor entrance tickets were sold to 288 foreign tourists, generating $12,256 as income, a year-on-year decline of 99.32 percent and 99.28 percent, respectively.

To all those saying keep everything locked down - that 99.30% drop shows exactly why Thailand needs to open up quicker or face further disaster 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, geovalin said:

Angkor Archaeological Park in Siem Reap province welcomed 4,482 foreign tourists in the first three months of this year, earning $185,079.

That's 50 visitors a day, compared to five thousand a day before COVID.

Edited by BritManToo
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, geovalin said:

The figures were shared by the Angkor Enterprise, the state-owned institution in charge of Angkor income management, in a press release issued yesterday. The number shows a decline of nearly 99 percent compared to the same period last year.

I'm sure the site has recovered nicely.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...