Thailand's tourism minister hints at joining travel bubble with Singapore, Australia and NZ in October

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's minister for tourism and sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan told Daily News that he would be discussing with Singapore about forming a travel bubble with the ASEAN nation next week.

Does he ever give up at hinting & proposing... a new idea every day.

1 hour ago, KamnanT said:

Clearly here's one person who has taken advantage of the recent liberalisation of home-grown ganja....

Especially with all the mulling going on ????

1 hour ago, newnative said:

So, if it requires 2 doses of the vaccine to be allowed to travel in these 'bubbles' likely very few from Thailand would qualify.  

The Oz NZ part seemingly kicks off this weekend and is Vac and QuarNtine exempt.

Can anyone give a guess regarding required quarantine and cost for folk visiting Au. I realize no way of telling.

I might need a trip from Thailand to Oz before end of this year. 

I note AU having issue with slow roll out of vax.

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Can anyone give a guess regarding required quarantine and cost for folk visiting Au. I realize no way of telling.

I might need a trip from Thailand to Oz before end of this year. 

I note AU having issue with slow roll out of vax.

14 days quarantine at a cost of A$3000. And if you're not Australian you can't come in unless you're a rich movie star going to Byron Bay

Australians can’t even leave unless they get permission or fall into one of the exemption categories.  This guy never did his homework and is just after his fifteen second of fame.

30 minutes ago, aussiexpat said:

14 days quarantine at a cost of A$3000. And if you're not Australian you can't come in unless you're a rich movie star going to Byron Bay

Add on expensive flights via Singapore ,$20 to launder your jeans in ASQ hotel and no pretty girls.Nah!

On 4/6/2021 at 6:31 AM, mstevens said:

The New Zealand government is so ridiculously risk-averse with Covid that they would have a heart attack at the very suggestion of a travel bubble with Thailand. New Zealand cities go in to lockdown when there is more than one case of community spread of Covid. With Thailand reporting close to 200 new Covid cases yesterday i.e. in a single day, there is no way New Zealand would consider a travel bubble with Thailand until it has essentially eliminated Covid - and who can see that happening any time soon?

I hate the term "fake news" but it comes to mind...

"ridiculously risk-averse" and "cities go in to lockdown when there is more than one case of community spread"

That has occurred twice, August 2020 and February 2021. With a total fatality rate of 26 I would rate the government's actions as being successful.

Edited by gomangosteen

7 hours ago, gomangosteen said:

"ridiculously risk-averse" and "cities go in to lockdown when there is more than one case of community spread"

That has occurred twice, August 2020 and February 2021. With a total fatality rate of 26 I would rate the government's actions as being successful.

And just watch, it will happen again too!

Wont be any travel bubbles with Thailand now Covid is spreading quickly again. Was looking promising earlier but next wave starting. Songran travel a big risk. The Government needs to speed up the vaccine distribution and restrict social gatherings, make mask mandatory and encourage social distancing. The best way foreward. The pourous borders are also a big problem. Hoping for the best need to come home.