Foreigners caught drink driving forced to teach English to probation officials on Koh Samui

webfact

6 hours ago, Forrests Father said:

Germans teaching English to Thais?

please:
Don’t mention the war and don’t let Immigration arrest them for working without permit.

What has the WW2 to do with teaching, there are many very skilled and educated Germans, keep focus

1 hour ago, graemeaylward said:

As an ex Probation Officer (some 36 years) I dispute that anyone who gets behind the wheel or drives a motorcycle under the influence of alcohol or drugs is just a traffic law violator! They are out of control and in charge of a lethal weapon which has the potential to kill innocent people, just as if you gave them a gun or a knife! The Thai penalties for drink driving need to be toughened up as do the penalties for driving without a licence! 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.......followed a similar thread on here sometime ago where some posters were  happy to admit to frequently drinking and driving over here........I find it staggering.......I can't believe we still allow people in the UK (sorry HotChilli) to drive after drinking any alcohol at all.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MacF said:

It beggars belief that if you are caught drink driving here you can go teach English. If lot of them were to be dragged by the scruff of the neck to road accidents and those that have fatalities perhaps they would see what happens when you are so stupid as to drink and drive. Also take them to the families of those who have been killed by an idiot behind the wheel of a vehicle involved in a road fatality. Believe you me it is not the best thing to have to deal with the aftermath of a road traffic death or injuries. I have been to a number and the feeling that you get each and every time you are called to one never leaves you, regardless of it the first time or many times. Do go to their families and be the person who tells them that their family members will never return home. Fines and even banned from driving is not a deterrent. This ranks among the most stupid ideas that I have ever came across.

I suspect you are in the minority on here.......many see drink driving as a bit of joke.......no more than a traffic violation!!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

People who drink and drive are selfish people. Endangering others for their own comfort. Deportation should be mandatory if it happens again. 

you do know the difference between over the limit and drunk,3 beers will put you over the limit,( will 3 beers make you drunk ?)so with out knowing their readings you want them deported ie so 3 beers and your out.

• Like 1

wrong. i dont care people not wearing a helmet, thats one own responsibility. But drunk driving is putting OTHER innocent PEOPLES lives at risk. 

Police should have made an example out of them.  Banning them would be nice.

Or should we wait until these careless expat clowns run over a child or something?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, agrow said:

you do know the difference between over the limit and drunk,3 beers will put you over the limit,( will 3 beers make you drunk ?)so with out knowing their readings you want them deported ie so 3 beers and your out.

Yes 3 beers and your out if you get caught a SECOND time. If you get caught twice then yes deportation.

But looking at your reply looks like your one of the drink and drive defenders.

• Like 1

A German teaching ENGLISH .. right ! 

Have you seen this very funny (joke)  story about what if ... with the E.U ?

Enjoy a laugh . What else can you do but laugh ?

The European Commission has just announced an agreement whereby English will be the official language of the European Union rather than German, which was the other possibility. 

As part of the negotiations, the British Government conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has accepted a 5- year phase-in plan that would become known as "Euro-English". 

In the first year, "s" will replace the soft "c". Sertainly, this will make the sivil servants jump with joy. The hard "c" will be dropped in favour of "k". This should klear up konfusion, and keyboards kan have one less letter.

There will be growing publik enthusiasm in the sekond year when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced with "f". This will make words like fotograf 20% shorter. 

In the 3rd year, publik akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage where more komplikated changes are possible. 

Governments will enkourage the removal of double letters which have always ben a deterent to akurate speling. 

Also, al wil agre that the horibl mes of the silent "e" in the languag is disgrasful and it should go away. 

By the 4th yer peopl wil be reseptiv to steps such as replasing "th" with "z" and "w" with "v". 

During ze fifz yer, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou" and after ziz fifz yer, ve vil hav a reil sensi bl riten styl. 

Zer vil be no mor trubl or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi TU understand ech oza. Ze drem of a united urop vil finali kum tru. 

Und efter ze fifz yer, ve vil al be speking German like zey vunted in ze forst plas. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Surelynot said:

How?...Why?...... are people so tolerant of people who drink and drive???...It beggars belief.

Two week old baby killed in London today, not confirmed as drink/drive....but can you begin to imagine what the parents are going through????

English classes ?? So sorry just had to . For me too , deport the !@#$ and never let them back . And the Thais drinking and driving , lock them up for years . But i geuss they will let the Thais that get caught drink and drive will be told to teach Thai to foreigners . 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mikebike said:

Surelynot, they broke a law. Yes there is the potential for ANYONE behind the wheel to kill someone, and nobody is denying that d-ds can kill, but the peeps sent to teach English are not killers, they are traffic-law violators...

Is this somehow personal for you?

Stirring the pot, he was a traffic violator this time thank god!

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Are they allowed to sober up first? 

I'm trying to imagine Thais speaking drunken, slurred English...

4 hours ago, khunpa said:

Yeah and with a German accent ????

I can think of a couple of "Language Academies" up here in the Frozen North you could visit to experience that...????

6 minutes ago, Rocking Robert said:

Drunk driving is a very serious offense that kills thousands of people each year and this is the kind of punishment you hand out this will not discourage people from drinking and drivingOnly jail time will

Answer ban alcohol altogether 

• Confused 1

Probation Chief:   Thailand nearly leads the world in accidents the two main items drinking/driving and speeding!

The reason Thailand year after year in the top regardless of all the Thousand of people employed in the Department of Land Transport the constant ideas like how to open the country up to tourist  yet can't reduce the problem like the Chief they all think it is a joke.

Maybe when someone close or a member of his family dies then maybe he might take it more seriously and come up with something that might deter a violator from actually killing someone!

Like a gun a vehicle is a weapon a drunk violation you don't send them to teach English!  Maybe station them down at BoysTown and let them practice on the old F--ker I'm sure after he will be singing a different tune after????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, austhai said:

Wonder if they change them to a voluntary visa to make it legal for them to teach. Lol

i was thinking the same.. Retired and teaching you need a work permit....But if the judge order it....you can do it ?