news with owning villas with pools? and new land and house tax rules

quick question 

i had some people from tessabaan come round  today. asked me how long k lived in the villa and started asking questions  about swimming  pool 

the villa is private not being  rented 

then someone told me they have new safety rules with owning a private pool

so if i cannot pay for the  nee safety rules which  i do not yet know what  they are then what will they do? take my pool  away?

anyone got  any clear  info on new land and house tax rules and swimming  pool rules

i know if you rent your villa out you need a license but if you live in a villa for 15 years seems strange 

thanks 

in OZ falangland at least, the Local govts all blanket chnage drules to didtate all pools above a particular size (depth) had to all be retrofitted with statutory sized a safety fences... did not matter how long the pool has been there...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Sorry, no idea if there are new rules for pools.

I have paid my house and land tax for the last two years and there has been no mention of pools.

(I paid 2020 just 10 days ago.)

Wow, they let you pay...????

I've been there twice, and was send home in Januar and asked to come back in February; and then in February send back and asked not to come again before April. I'm not sure I dare to show up one more time in the revenue office, full of staff but only me as client, and everybody looks at me like "what is that ???? doing here"...????

Wonder what my fellow countrymen at home would say, if I told them how difficult it is to be allowed to pay tax...????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, khunPer said:

I've been there twice, and was send home in Januar and asked to come back in February; and then in February send back and asked not to come again before April.

It took a lot longer to pay the bills than it did to write the email here. It took about two hours each time - but there were complications. All finally sorted this time. It is all down to how accurate the bill is that they send to you in the post. Mine was not accurate. Getting that bill fixed took ages.

If you do not have the bill - do not go in. They do not have a clue what to do.

5 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

It took a lot longer to pay the bills than it did to write the email here. It took about two hours each time - but there were complications. All finally sorted this time. It is all down to how accurate the bill is that they send to you in the post. Mine was not accurate. Getting that bill fixed took ages.

I have the bill, and last year was no problem to pay, after they kindly found out that I should pay less, and I got a new bill in the mail after some months; however the cost of gasoline to drive to Nathon twice is already more than the property tax, so please take my tax-money...????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, khunPer said:

I've been there twice, and was send home in Januar and asked to come back in February; and then in February send back and asked not to come again before April. I'm not sure I dare to show up one more time in the revenue office, full of staff but only me as client, and everybody looks at me like "what is that ???? doing here"...????

Wonder what my fellow countrymen at home would say, if I told them how difficult it is to be allowed to pay tax...????

Wow!

I think that you have, inadvertently, found the way to solve ALL of Koh Samui's (and Thailand's) economic problems in one fell swoop!

I can see the advertising campaign now... live spots on TV's across the planet... billboards at every major intersection in every major city... Facebook ads ad nauseum... the sides of buses, cars, trucks and all other forms of transportation...

"Come to Koh Samui

We won't even let you pay your taxes"

Major North American cities will empty; European capitals will be deserted; Russian urban areas to become depleted; Chinese megapolises crumble!

The advertising campaign of the millennia!

????????????????????????????????????????????????

(Er... sorry)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Wow!

I think that you have, inadvertently, found the way to solve ALL of Koh Samui's (and Thailand's) economic problems in one fell swoop!

I can see the advertising campaign now... live spots on TV's across the planet... billboards at every major intersection in every major city... Facebook ads ad nauseum... the sides of buses, cars, trucks and all other forms of transportation...

"Come to Koh Samui

We won't even let you pay your taxes"

Major North American cities will empty; European capitals will be deserted; Russian urban areas to become depleted; Chinese megapolises crumble!

The advertising campaign of the millennia!

????????????????????????????????????????????????

(Er... sorry)

You have no idea how difficult it was for me to register as income tax-payer in Thailand, three visits it took to the Custom House in Nathon – including a telephone conversation with someone very important up in Bangkok that fortunately spoke fine English – finally a madam big in the office felt mercy and registered me, I'm so thankful to her...????

The thing actually is, that when I'm registered income tax payer in Thailand – and I do pay some withheld tax, which I don't claim back as thanks for being allowed to file a year tax-return form and get a tax-receipt – then I'm allowed to pay only 10 percent Thai tax of some income from my home country instead of from 27 percent to 48 percent tax; similar rules applies to many countries with a DTA...????

And yes, Thailand is a tax-heaven – officially called "tax planning" – some foreign income you need to wait to transfer to the following calendar year of it's earned, or any later year, as the income then change status to "savings", which are free of tax when it's transferred; whilst other income you definitely transfer the same calendar year as earned, so you are eligible to pay Thai tax, which especially makes sense, when you are living in one of the World's top-10 countries for income tax; my home country is number one on the list...????

And the property tax in question is minor, so I gladly pay it, and also if it's 10 times higher, I will still pay with an extremely happy big smile, I just need to think of how my home country's tax-man would rip me of from a similar kind of property – I'll be heading to the revenue office for property taxation later this week, and I hope that I'm allowed to pay, before I burn off to much of my hard earned savings in gasoline...????

• Like 1

The first question that came to my mind was, are they really tessaban people? I wouldn’t trust anyone that just shows up at your place. If they come again, ask them what the official department is they “work” for and then go there yourself, if it even exists that is, and ask there! I would also get a CCTV camera that records audio as well and place it so you can film their faces next time they show up unannounced, just in case it is a scam so you have evidence!

On 4/6/2021 at 4:17 PM, pacovl46 said:

The first question that came to my mind was, are they really tessaban people? I wouldn’t trust anyone that just shows up at your place. If they come again, ask them what the official department is they “work” for and then go there yourself, if it even exists that is, and ask there! I would also get a CCTV camera that records audio as well and place it so you can film their faces next time they show up unannounced, just in case it is a scam so you have evidence!

thanks i got it ok cctv plus they called me prior

I know  they calculate  land and house  tax differently  now.

they came round i was out but they asked my staff a few questions  then left

i have their phone  number  also

On 4/6/2021 at 1:08 PM, khunPer said:

You have no idea how difficult it was for me to register as income tax-payer in Thailand, three visits it took to the Custom House in Nathon – including a telephone conversation with someone very important up in Bangkok that fortunately spoke fine English – finally a madam big in the office felt mercy and registered me, I'm so thankful to her...????

The thing actually is, that when I'm registered income tax payer in Thailand – and I do pay some withheld tax, which I don't claim back as thanks for being allowed to file a year tax-return form and get a tax-receipt – then I'm allowed to pay only 10 percent Thai tax of some income from my home country instead of from 27 percent to 48 percent tax; similar rules applies to many countries with a DTA...????

And yes, Thailand is a tax-heaven – officially called "tax planning" – some foreign income you need to wait to transfer to the following calendar year of it's earned, or any later year, as the income then change status to "savings", which are free of tax when it's transferred; whilst other income you definitely transfer the same calendar year as earned, so you are eligible to pay Thai tax, which especially makes sense, when you are living in one of the World's top-10 countries for income tax; my home country is number one on the list...????

And the property tax in question is minor, so I gladly pay it, and also if it's 10 times higher, I will still pay with an extremely happy big smile, I just need to think of how my home country's tax-man would rip me of from a similar kind of property – I'll be heading to the revenue office for property taxation later this week, and I hope that I'm allowed to pay, before I burn off to much of my hard earned savings in gasoline...????

thanks i used to get 1 bill for land and house tax every year

this year i went to DBD to get new update company  document  but went to the wrong office. they asked me strand questions  and wanted  my chanote

then realized  i was in the wrong office

i had it confirmed that  new rules means they calculate  differently 

I know  if you rent a villa  out per night  you need a license  and you need to claim you have a swimming  pool and you need a sign  showing  the depth of the pool plus other  safety  things

fire extinguishers extra

but when you live in the villa then it is news to me why I would  need all that stuff because  i am not selling any service

what  will they do if i not pay?

take my pool away? lol after havint planning  permission when I first  built the place about 15 years ago and it has a pool  in the plans

lol

On 4/5/2021 at 12:03 PM, Tropicalevo said:

Sorry, no idea if there are new rules for pools.

I have paid my house and land tax for the last two years and there has been no mention of pools.

(I paid 2020 just 10 days ago.)

On 4/5/2021 at 4:59 PM, Tropicalevo said:

yes if i do not get a bill i not  pay. if the worst case scenario and i cannot pay due to complications  i just wait for court summons

So far land & house tax payment is delayed until June due to Covid-19, I was told to come back in June, which will be my fourth visit to the revenue office – the staff is very kind, so I look forward to my next visit...????

3 hours ago, BigC said:

...I know  if you rent a villa  out per night  you need a license  and you need to claim you have a swimming  pool and you need a sign  showing  the depth of the pool plus other  safety  things

fire extinguishers extra

but when you live in the villa then it is news to me why I would  need all that stuff because  i am not selling any service...

Perhaps if you villa is owned by a company and you lease or rent it from the company, and it's considered as "renting it out"...????

I'm registered as "owner" of my house – yes, a foreigner can own a house in Thailand, but not the land under the house – but to do that, land and house need to be separated from the beginning; i.e. a different name on the building permission than the land owner's name, and a permission from the land owner that someone else to build a construction on the land.

• Thanks 1