Status of Ananya Condo on Wong Amat Beach

bradenroger

Hi, I walk by the Ananya Condo on main Wong Amat Beach everyday and am curious to know why it is now so run down.  It was a nice, modern building with a lovely looking pool and something that I would be interested in checking out for purchase but it looks like a number of condos are empty and they look like they're been abandoned.  Any ideas about it?

I have been watching the depreciation of this building for years. There are not many units in this building and I have seen many Russians occupying them. Now that the Russians are gone I think there might be an issue with the lack of money to keep the place up. Thai's are notorious for their lack of care of existing buildings. That is why the Thais like to buy new. Every building in Thailand depreciates with age for the lack of upkeep. Once that very ugly Arom condo goes up the view will be blocked for many of the Ananya Condo residents.

The new Arom condo,  smack bang next door is due to be started shortly (Q2 2021 start quoted on their website) - 55 stories no less, and a quoted 3 year build - That will do Ananya no favours....

If i'd bought in Ananya or Riveria Wongamat for that matter, i'd be pretty prissed off right now......

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, Screaming said:

I have been watching the depreciation of this building for years. There are not many units in this building and I have seen many Russians occupying them. Now that the Russians are gone I think there might be an issue with the lack of money to keep the place up. Thai's are notorious for their lack of care of existing buildings. That is why the Thais like to buy new. Every building in Thailand depreciates with age for the lack of upkeep. Once that very ugly Arom condo goes up the view will be blocked for many of the Ananya Condo residents.

Non-paying Russian owners who have fled or otherwise disappeared and thai maintenance habits could each ruin a building alone... Now you have both at same time in that place so would need a miracle to keep up even at basic level. 

Edited by mran66