Bangkok entertainment venues face closure if COVID-19 situation worsens

snoop1130

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Under the proposal, nightlife venues in the red zones would be allowed to open only until 9 p.m. and they cannot serve alcohol.

What I don't quite understand is that the elderly are considered high risk and given priority with jabs [after officials] yet it's the younger entertainment generation that are spreading the Covid infections?

Shouldn't they consider vaccinating the younger generation who socially mix more ?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Excel said:

They should put BKK in shutdown now totally, not wait for it to exponentially increase. Take heed from other countries but of course TIT.

What is wrong with you? Do you really hate Bangkokians or are you just jealous? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Excel said:

They should put BKK in shutdown now totally, not wait for it to exponentially increase. Take heed from other countries but of course TIT.

Most other countries have done a much worse job than Thailand with Covid. Why would they seek to emulate that? "TIT" here is a stupid thing to say. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Xonax said:

What is wrong with you? Do you really hate Bangkokians or are you just jealous? 

Nothing to do with hate or jealousy or Bangkokians...  it's called being proactive.

Hopefully this means that anywhere outside these specific areas can operate as normal. Otherwise it's going to be a pretty boring Songkran for many in Bangkok.

I'm gonna head up to our farm in Korat for Songkran with a couple of cases in the boot of my car. It looks like by the time I come back, Bangkok could be in lockdown. Given the pathetic vaccine rollout here, I really hope they can contain this cluster otherwise it could be a pretty rubbish few months ahead.