Bangkok entertainment venues face closure if COVID-19 situation worsens

snoop1130

Here in Thailand i think they assume the virus  is going to go away. That's not going to happen. lock down Bangkok now. from the small number of infections will sonn grow to larger numbers . 

in Samui they are doing mass  Injections fo younger working Thais at central plaza and other places using the Chinese Vaccine . 

my girlfriend asked about me 72 year old and was sort of pushed away with any answers or the common word of don't know. 

Thais over 60 was a no go for the jab  

12 minutes ago, Card said:

He was referring to the time in the future when we can effectively manage and minimize the disease and its symptoms with effective vaccines and drugs. That is not the case yet in Thailand or the rest of the world.

Stop implying that covid is at the stage where we can, rather than could or will, manage it like the flu. Your slant amounts to Trumpist misinformation and his silly and dangerous fake news.

strange that no figures were given for deaths of the common flu last year as if no one died from it  

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Hopefully this means that anywhere outside these specific areas can operate as normal. Otherwise it's going to be a pretty boring Songkran for many in Bangkok.

I'm gonna head up to our farm in Korat for Songkran with a couple of cases in the boot of my car. It looks like by the time I come back, Bangkok could be in lockdown. Given the pathetic vaccine rollout here, I really hope they can contain this cluster otherwise it could be a pretty rubbish few months ahead.

Don't worry, they locked down Samut Sakon and the local area because it was majority Myanmarese.
They would never lockdown Bangkok... only specific locations.

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

It's not the flu.  Don't post misinformation.  Thailand has done a pretty good job with the virus.  Especially compared to the West, where efforts have been dodgy to say the least.

Yes, it sucks.  But I'm happy not to have to worry about getting the virus when I go out shopping.  Unlike my friends in the West.

It's not THE flu (the flu has magicaly dissapeared from the face of the earth),  but it's stronger brother , and if they would test here like they do in the west with your friends the nr's would probably be 10 times higher every day . 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

After waiting so long to reopen 

It is a shame Thailand is now hell bent on reopening without taking necessary precautionary measures.  If possible the vaccination programme should be expedited before reopening for International Tourism and Night venues  

So what are they waiting for, vaccines are available so why no solid programme in place. 

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

After waiting so long to reopen 

It is a shame Thailand is now hell bent on reopening without taking necessary precautionary measures.  If possible the vaccination programme should be expedited before reopening for International Tourism and Night venues  

Exactly RIGHT! Giddy up all Government people who manage the vaccines going into arms. You don't need advisory committees, meetings, advice from every Tom, Dick and Harry, just buy the vaccines and jab ALL of us!!

Thais first, old folks first, then everyone. You can set up in parks, hospitals, anywhere. You have to protect "your people" and their business's. You want farrangs and tourisim to RETURN, well bring the population back to ZERO infection. Do strict testing at airports and borders. Johnson & Johnson vacs are the best in my humble opinion, but buy/get all brands you can and get injections happening!

Sabai sabai ka 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Finally, Thailand's Covid response was looking like the Ever Given doing a U-turn in the Suez Canal, lol. At last we get some action to show that Prayut hasn't fallen asleep at the helm. Now just make the whole of greater Bangkok into a Red Zone and cancel Songkran travel, then drop all the daft plans to allow deadly foreign variants to enter the country with reduced or no quarantine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

What have they done so well that the West hasn’t? 

They implemented a tropical climate with people mainly living (semi) outdoors.

• Haha 2

I hope they can get things in BKK under wraps.  Worst Timing  imaginable with long holiday and it's super promotion just days away.  My woman lives and works in thonglor.  My luck the  US embassy will shut down the weekend before our K1 interview later this month. 

32 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

It's not THE flu (the flu has magicaly dissapeared from the face of the earth),  but it's stronger brother , and if they would test here like they do in the west with your friends the nr's would probably be 10 times higher every day . 

10x higher per day would still be more than 10x lower than the numbers in the West.

If the true rate was 10x higher, the hospitals would be overflowing.  That's not happened.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Don't worry, they locked down Samut Sakon and the local area because it was majority Myanmarese.
They would never lockdown Bangkok... only specific locations.

Well, they pretty much locked it down around this time last year. All bars, pubs and restaurants ordered shut, alcohol purchases banned everywhere, parks closed, many shops closed, inter provincial travel banned etc.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Susco said:

Yes sure, kill the virus whatever business that is still surviving.

How many deaths in Thailand and in other countries?

What the point of having a business if your customers are dead or sick from covid. Talk about killing the golden goose. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Word on the street says that's where the clusters are traced back to... crowded venues which need to be dealt with.

Markets/restaurants/work-places or bars... whichever.

Yes but only after 9 pm not during the day please inderstand

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

What have they done so well that the West hasn’t? 

Virtually no testing in Thailand. Except for well publicised mass testing at sites where Burmese immigrants live and work.

23 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Of course they should. And for those living in Bangkok who don't think so heed this: stay the <deleted> away from Pattaya. We dont want your filthy disease at any cost to our economy. 

The mass exodus from Bangkok is heading to Pattaya for the holidays...

4 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Virtually no testing in Thailand. Except for well publicised mass testing at sites where Burmese immigrants live and work.

You're wrong.  Don't post misinformation.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Showtime said:

Got my first pfizer vaccine today!

Two mice are in the pub and one says “Hey, have you had the new covid vaccine yet?” And the other replies “What?! You must be  joking, they haven’t finished the human trials yet!!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Just because someone else got it wrong does not mean you are not spreading misinformation.

"So from a virological point of view, coronavirus is definitely not a type of flu."

https://www.labnews.co.uk/article/2030503/coronavirus-is-it-just-a-type-of-flu

No, Corona virus is not a flu virus, its a "common cold" virus, like the previous SARS