TV extensions moved back to Chaengwattana? True?

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ubonjoe posted the update think yesterday, so yes it's true.

I also would like clarification to your question. Does it still mean covid extensions remain at MTT.

Still not clear.

But I *think* only people who would have used Counter J services would now return to Chaengwattana. Those people are extending an actual visa they have.

No change for Counter K folks. We continue going to MTT. We're just coasting on the Covid extensions.

3 minutes ago, allencraig said:

Those people are extending an actual visa they have.

A visa cannot be extended. Only the permit to stay from one can be extended.

I assume it means the 30 day extension of the 60 day permit to stay from a tourist visa. And the 90 day permit to stay from a STV.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

assume it means the 30 day extension of the 60 day permit to stay from a tourist visa. And the 90 day permit to stay from a STV

Agree, that's the way it reads but can't see why the 'standard' 30 day extension to visa exempt entries wouldn't also be shifted to CW.

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Agree, that's the way it reads but can't see why the 'standard' 30 day extension to visa exempt entries wouldn't also be shifted to CW.

One way to find out where to go would be to go on the online appointment site.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, ubonjoe said:

One way to find out where to go would be to go on the online appointment site.

Yes, I was thinking that, too, as I need to get the final approval on Friday for the "in consideration" stamp I received for my most recent Covid extention. But certainly websites aren't kept very current in Thailand.

If we're all assuming correctly I will still need to go to MTT for my counter K Covid extension need.

On 4/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, ubonjoe said:

would be to go on the online appointment site.

The move isn't reflected on the appointment site as of today, as suspected. Will probably confuse J-counter people trying to make appointments. 

K-Counter-Listing.jpg

I may be the only one wondering at this point, but I went to MTT yesterday and just to confirm: 

Everything was "normal" for K-Counter at Muang Thong Thani, except it's been moved to the 3rd floor. They've even updated the signage in the building so it's not confusing at all.

In fact, because all the J-Counter stuff has been moved out of the building, the whole thing seems more organized. I only needed the final approval for my Covid extension, but was in and out in a half-hour. They specifically checked my appointment, so make sure you register online before going.

On 4/10/2021 at 9:19 AM, allencraig said:

I may be the only one wondering at this point, but I went to MTT yesterday and just to confirm: 

Everything was "normal" for K-Counter at Muang Thong Thani, except it's been moved to the 3rd floor. They've even updated the signage in the building so it's not confusing at all.

In fact, because all the J-Counter stuff has been moved out of the building, the whole thing seems more organized. I only needed the final approval for my Covid extension, but was in and out in a half-hour. They specifically checked my appointment, so make sure you register online before going.

I plan to take the BTS up to Mo Chit and then take a cab to MTT. Is this google maps pin accurate?
https://goo.gl/maps/JS7eVPYcXAEwJzyP7

What do I need to tell the cabbie? any landmarks? 

thank you.

Edited by rockedbottom

On 4/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, rockedbottom said:

I plan to take the BTS up to Mo Chit and then take a cab to MTT. Is this google maps pin accurate?

thank you.

That's the right location, but why pay so much for a taxi?

There's an air conditioned, small white van waiting just outside the Mo Chit BTS station (in the parking lot) that brings you directly there for 36thb AND doesn't add to the existing traffic problems or bad air. Just walk up to the guy standing outside the one or two vans that are waiting there and ask "Impact Center? Visa?"  They know where the farang are going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 2:27 PM, rockedbottom said:

thank you.

As mentioned above, if you exit the BTS at Morchit, there is a van. However, there are now much better stops on the BTS to use if you do intend using a taxi. The closest BTS stop, I believe, is Wat Phra Si Mahathat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, allencraig said:

That's the right location, but why pay so much for a taxi?

There's an air conditioned, small white van waiting just outside the Mo Chit BTS station (in the parking lot) that brings you directly there for 36thb AND doesn't add to the existing traffic problems or bad air. Just walk up to the guy standing outside the one or two vans that are waiting there and ask "Impact Center? Visa?"  They know where the farang are going.

Brilliant! I didn't know these existed. Would you happen to know which exit of the BTS I'd need to take? Thank you.