Myanmar protesters clap to denounce junta as region focuses on crisis

snoop1130

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

and could delay and destabilise the efforts by the State Administration Council to establish a genuine and disciplined multiparty democracy".

There it is again , this cynical and inhuman fact bending view . They do the exact opposite from what they are pretending to do . Everybody knows , but still they are trying to sell these lies to the world . Cynicism at it's best .

• Thanks 2

Seen that already once, when Gambari was special envoy. Petrie, resident UN-director's accreditation was not extended by the junta at that time and instead of kicking of a dialogue between the various parties, Gambari went straight for the bait and tried to ensure the UNs continued presence. Left six days after talks from Nay Pyi Daw - business unfinished! 

• Like 1

Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines and Singapore have all expressed alarm over the killings of demonstrators and support an urgent high-level meeting on Myanmar.
Besides Brunei, the other ASEAN members are Myanmar itself, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia.

No further questions .......... 

• Like 1

I wish the protesters well.  their military has got to go from the top to the bottom though I don't know if the protesters have the power to oust them.  my wishes won't help, I realize, but good on you for bringing it to the world's attention.

• Like 2

Not a single mention of China in the article. So why does the photo for the article show the Chinese flag, with the caption "Anti-coup protesters hold a Chinese flag before burning it down during a demonstration against China in Yangon, Myanmar April 5, 2021. REUTERS/Stringer"

Thanks for making your message clear, Reuters. Just like their outstanding journalism on Ukraine and Russia.

https://thegrayzone.com/2021/02/20/reuters-bbc-uk-foreign-office-russian-media/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Everybody knows , but still they are trying to sell these lies to the world .

Not surprising as they take their orders from the ‘big brothers’ in China…the premier authority on selling preposterous lies to the world.

ASEAN is a total toothless tiger, waste of space

Laos,Cambodia (Myanmar should not get a vote , but does)

will never risk voting against China & risk their monetery support who are, if not fueling this are  sympathetic & enjoy the attention being off them

I just read on the BBC that the Myanmar Ambassador (who denounced the coup), in London popped out of his embassy in London to do some shopping, but was then locked out of the embassy by his military attache.....

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

I just read on the BBC that the Myanmar Ambassador (who denounced the coup), in London popped out of his embassy in London to do some shopping, but was then locked out of the embassy by his military attache.....

LOL:
well he did voice opposition to the Junta, ( he was appointed by Aung san)  and coup.

so really, what did he expect?

I don't think the UK government has recognised the military coup leaders as a legitimate government in Myanmar. 

Therefore, what the coup leaders say and do is not relevant to the position of the Ambassador.  I expect the UK government will continue to recognise him as the ambassador until a legitimate Myanmar government says otherwise. 

So I expect that he will be able to continue to represent the legal Myanmar government from alternative premises in the UK.

Well, I just read that the UK government has accepted the removal of the ambassador.  IMHO, that sends the wrong kind of message, because it indicates that the UK government accepts the legality of the coup generals.....

• Sad 1