90 day online report

ajnamoon

same experience attempting to do my 90 day last week.  fortunately, the drive-thru 90 day "waste of time" report is functioning efficiently.  I  waited in the queue while they were on lunch break.  then about 2-3 minutes per person after they opened the window. quite fast.   .. but be careful of pedestrians also walk through the drive thru.  seems more efficient than walking in the office.  but some people walk thru skip the whole queue and shove their papers through the window into the face of the immigration officer excpecting to be served first. not good queing behavior, but sometimes works for the impatient bunch who cant be bothered to be considerate to their fellow expats / immigrants

• Like 1

6 hours ago, captainjackS said:

same experience attempting to do my 90 day last week.  fortunately, the drive-thru 90 day "waste of time" report is functioning efficiently.  I  waited in the queue while they were on lunch break.  then about 2-3 minutes per person after they opened the window. quite fast.   .. but be careful of pedestrians also walk through the drive thru.  seems more efficient than walking in the office.  but some people walk thru skip the whole queue and shove their papers through the window into the face of the immigration officer excpecting to be served first. not good queing behavior, but sometimes works for the impatient bunch who cant be bothered to be considerate to their fellow expats / immigrants

Walk in reports should be done at Promenada, has been the case for months. The fault lies with the officers doing the reports at the drive in window allowing some people to do it. Even the sign right outside the window indicates Prom for in person walk in. Dangerous also, jumping in and out of the traffic.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, captainjackS said:

be careful of pedestrians also walk through the drive thru.  seems more efficient than walking in the office.  but some people walk thru skip the whole queue and shove their papers through the window into the face of the immigration officer excpecting to be served first. not good queing behavior, but sometimes works for the impatient bunch who cant be bothered to be considerate to their fellow expats / immigrants

This happens to me every time i use the drive thru although I haven't seen anyone cut the queue, they just stand and wait in the road with their papers, choking on exhaust fumes. One time the immigration officer leaned out the window and told all the pedestrians (in front of me and behind me) to leave, which was nice, but clearly this behavior is tolerated to some extent.

When i was waiting in my car, there were a few pedestrians standing in the same queue pf cars with umbrellas for shade and masks on.  good on them.  The 2 people who walked straight to the front got dirty looks from many others waiting patently -- with and without cars, westerners and chinese alike.  I would have liked to jump out and block them and make a scene and publicly shame them for their behavior, but at the end of the day, i just want to get out of there as soon as possible with another stupid piece of paper clipped to my passport so I don't get fined 2000฿ next January.  i guess that's why they get away with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 8:15 PM, hlj said:

Go to Promenada I have done my 90 day reports there twice and was in and out in about 5 minutes. There was just a couple of people there at the times I was there.

For those who live near Promenada, it may not be a problem but there are some who find the airport immigration office more convenient as it is in the city center.

The problem with Promenada is it is far and usually need one or two big U-turn to go back to the highway.

Edited by EricTh

On 4/7/2021 at 10:57 PM, captainjackS said:

When i was waiting in my car, there were a few pedestrians standing in the same queue pf cars with umbrellas for shade and masks on.  good on them.  The 2 people who walked straight to the front got dirty looks from many others waiting patently -- with and without cars, westerners and chinese alike.  I would have liked to jump out and block them and make a scene and publicly shame them for their behavior, but at the end of the day, i just want to get out of there as soon as possible with another stupid piece of paper clipped to my passport so I don't get fined 2000฿ next January.  i guess that's why they get away with it.

The walk-in don't jump queues because their passports are placed at a separate queue inside and another officer will take care of it and give back the passports at another small window later.

There are two queues, one for the drive-in and one for the walk-in when I was there yesterday.

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

The problem with Promenada is it is far and usually need one or two big U-turn to go back to the highway.

Big U-turns are difficult.  I still can not do them.  How do you manage it, what is the trick?