Best Vehicle Battery?

Banana7

After replacing OEM batteries I've only used GS heavy duty wet sealed always lasted 5 nearly 6 years maybe more but have sold the vehicle so don't know how much longer.

I've always used Yuasa batteries in motorbikes but have a cheaper battery in one of my bikes which was a 3rd of the price thats nearly 2 years and still reads strong.

• Thanks 2

I cannot comment on the quality, but on the price. Our Toyota Hilux needed a new battery, and the Toyota dealer asked THB 8,000 for it. We got if then from a nearby dealer for THB 2,000, lasting as long as the previous, genuine one from Toyota. For a new rear bumper for the same car, Toyota asked THB 13,000, whilst we got it in another spare parts shop for THB 2,800. And finally our Honda City needed new front breakes. Honda asked THB 13,000, but in a small maintenance shop we got them new and properly installed for THB 2,800.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve187 said:

for me it would be amaron (the green) battery

Agree .. got mine through LAZADA.

Best of the best for this climate in my experience. Five years in my VIGO and no apparent drop in performance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After getting 2 new batteries from Honda in 4 years went to local battery man.

One was 1,800 but he recommended "Heavy duty" 2,400.

3 years later Honda checked it when I had service, still 99% good.

It does not always pay in the end to buy "cheap"

If you are being asked to pay 8,000 Bht for a battery for any car you are being "ripped off"

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Toyota does not make batteries. Honda does not make brake pads or shoes.

Foolish to go to the dealer for any consumables, other than ATF for the newer transmissions - especially CVT

What is foolish to bring your cars to the official garage, hear what they propose to replace and what the cost would be, and then decide to go elsewhere where you get the same for a fraction? It's my birthday today, but you didn't manage to spoil it.....

On 4/6/2021 at 9:45 AM, Kwasaki said:

After replacing OEM batteries I've only used GS heavy duty wet sealed always lasted 5 nearly 6 years maybe more but have sold the vehicle so don't know how much longer.

I've always used Yuasa batteries in motorbikes but have a cheaper battery in one of my bikes which was a 3rd of the price thats nearly 2 years and still reads strong.

Unless that battery was in the boot eg BMW, five years is very impressive and maybe we all should seriously consider GS Heavy Duty next time.    

3 hours ago, PFMills said:

Unless that battery was in the boot eg BMW, five years is very impressive and maybe we all should seriously consider GS Heavy Duty next time.    

Well since I've been in Thailand my experience of GS has been good so I tend to stick with them. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, steve187 said:

for me it would be amaron (the green) battery

That's what I had fitted about two years ago and still going strong. The original FoMoCo battery (made by GS in Thailand under license) crapped out before it was two years old. Then I had a three year plus stretch with a Boliden. I wanted to replace that with another Boliden but they are really scarce now so took the Amaron instead.

• 1 year later...