Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

Anyone who visited these locations in Hua Hin urged to take COVID test


Recommended Posts

ff.jpg

File photo

 

The Prachuap Khiri Khan department of public health issued a notice for people to go to Hua Hin Hospital or the nearest hospital to them urgently if they had been at a pub or a shop in the city between certain times in the last week.

 

1pm.jpg

 

The venues and times are:

 

Maya Pub, Hua Hin, 30th March 10.30pm to 2 am Ting Kowlee (Korean) shop, Hua Hin, 1st April 6-7pm.

 

The notice came as Prachuap registered two new cases of coronavirus on Monday, the first new cases in the province for several weeks.

 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-06
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Yes, could very well be. 4th week I think. They should close down all entertainment venues in Hua Hin and metropolitan Bangkok immediately.

I geuss you are not staying in any of those two places ?? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

they'll be paying for my treatment if i'm found to be positive?

 

no?

 

will allow me to self isolate at home?

 

no?

 

then i think i'll pass until i'm too sick to stay home

 

 

And in your comment is the stark truth of what is going through most people's minds I think who live in Thailand. Well said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The vast majority of Thais, especially in this pandemic, will not be able to afford the 3000bt or so for the test.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a Maya Pub on soi 94 and a Maya Club in city center. I think they mean Maya Club. I wish they would check facts before reporting, especially when the news is about C19 exposure locations. 

 

Additionally, Ting Kowlee (Korean) shop is nowhere to be found on Google Maps. It would be nice to have correct and specific information in the news, nonetheless, TIT🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 5:57 PM, Nanaplaza666 said:

I geuss you are not staying in any of those two places ?? 

 

I have been living in Bangkok for the last 30 years.

 

That didn't work...

Edited by MikeyIdea
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

And now ?? 

 

The same as we have done for hundreds of years when there is a contagious disease outbreak. In the past we called in quarantine, now we call it partial or full lockdown.  Started well with entertainment venues ordered to shut in many places tomorrow, recommendation not to travel and the Transport Ministry of Thailand has ordered all departments providing public transport services to grant a full fare refund to those who wish to cancel their tickets purchased before the Songkran holiday.

 

Thailand is also considered very good at contract tracing and isolation of contacts, except on ThaiVisa of course. This is not the same as mass testing which Thailand does not do. Then the original strain clearly didn't like the hot weather and became less efficient at spreading. Let's hope that the UK variant is the same. No one knows. Schools in affected areas will go over to on-line teaching. My daughters international school in Bangkok abruptly cancelled tomorrow's classes, I don't know why yet. All government workers in affected areas will be ordered to work from home. The government will ball with restaurants and other non essential business to keep the outbreak under control if necessary.

 

It's amazing that Thailand could keep the outbreak in early December small for 4 months. Everybody else except South Korea failed so it shows how good their contract tracing effort has been. China used brute force. The UK strain is 70% more contagious so it's a totally new ball game.

 

They could have been even harder but hopefully this will suffice. The delayed opening will cost billions in tourist revenue if it doesn't. Europeans and Americans will come anyway but the problem is that their spending combined is smaller than China and Chinese tourists won't. Their government won't allow it. No Chinese tourists and more than 50% revenue lost. It's time to start to realise who is more important for the Thai's and the Thai economy. The Thai government does, many ThaiVisa members don't. Also, one person every 30 seconds used health care services because of covid-19 in the UK at the peak of their outbreak. The Thai government knows that Thai health care services can't cope with that kind of load. I'm glad they do.

 

Who knows if it'll be enough. I would have preferred all non essential business in affected areas shut down, not only entertainment venues, and limit provincial travel to essential only. I suppose we have to sit down and wait and see.

 

 

 

 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

 

The same as we have done for hundreds of years when there is a contagious disease outbreak. In the past we called in quarantine, now we call it partial or full lockdown.  Started well with entertainment venues ordered to shut in many places tomorrow, recommendation not to travel and the Transport Ministry of Thailand has ordered all departments providing public transport services to grant a full fare refund to those who wish to cancel their tickets purchased before the Songkran holiday.

 

Thailand is also considered very good at contract tracing and isolation of contacts, except on ThaiVisa of course. This is not the same as mass testing which Thailand does not do. Then the original strain clearly didn't like the hot weather and became less efficient at spreading. Let's hope that the UK variant is the same. No one knows. Schools in affected areas will go over to on-line teaching. My daughters international school in Bangkok abruptly cancelled tomorrow's classes, I don't know why yet. All government workers in affected areas will be ordered to work from home. The government will ball with restaurants and other non essential business to keep the outbreak under control if necessary.

 

It's amazing that Thailand could keep the outbreak in early December small for 4 months. Everybody else except South Korea failed so it shows how good their contract tracing effort has been. China used brute force. The UK strain is 70% more contagious so it's a totally new ball game.

 

They could have been even harder but hopefully this will suffice. The delayed opening will cost billions in tourist revenue if it doesn't. Europeans and Americans will come anyway but the problem is that their spending combined is smaller than China and Chinese tourists won't. Their government won't allow it. No Chinese tourists and more than 50% revenue lost. It's time to start to realise who is more important for the Thai's and the Thai economy. The Thai government does, many ThaiVisa members don't. Also, one person every 30 seconds used health care services because of covid-19 in the UK at the peak of their outbreak. The Thai government knows that Thai health care services can't cope with that kind of load. I'm glad they do.

 

Who knows if it'll be enough. I would have preferred all non essential business in affected areas shut down, not only entertainment venues, and limit provincial travel to essential only. I suppose we have to sit down and wait and see.

 

 

 

 

Thats a good mikeyidea but you realy think they have a good contact tracing system if they don't do mass testing so not knowing everybody that's infected ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 9:29 AM, MikeyIdea said:

Yes, could very well be. 4th week I think. They should close down all entertainment venues in Hua Hin and metropolitan Bangkok immediately.

Very easy for someone on a cushy pension to say. We are talking about crippling an industry that is just barely surviving anyway. 

 

Would have been far better if the army was going to panic, to do it the first day of the second outbreak in December, and shut a one km. perimeter around that offending seafood market down like Fort Knox.

 

Way too little, way too late, by the incompetents. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Thats a good mikeyidea but you realy think they have a good contact tracing system if they don't do mass testing so not knowing everybody that's infected ?? 

 

I think they have proven that their contact tracing efforts, without mass testing, worked this far. It's getting really serious first 13 months after the whole western world lost control. International experts are surprised that Thailand managed to keep infection rates so low for so long.   

 

I went through the ASQ quarantine system last year and was impressed how good it was. It was very good.

 

I think they do have a good contact tracing system, I don't know if it's going to be enough with a variant that is 70% more contagious though. The hot weather will help, I don't know if that's going to be enough either. The odds are against them.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, 

 

If, at H.H, at the start of COVID 19, the protocol was very well respected, there was a great relaxation, especially at the level of "private" restaurants.
Invitations were sent to be able to fill certain establishments, because most of the tourists had left, without hope of returning, in the immediate future.
Of course, in the street we always see masks, we take our temperature, we respect the distance, and then, and this is my personal opinion, we close bars, restaurants, etc ... but we let s 'congregate people around tables and buffets.
There are 2 weights, 2 measures.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said , Cushy I’m alright jack pensioners wanting the country shut down. I’m up hear in Nong Khai. Life going on as usual, 12 workers at the house next door drinking out of a barrel of water from the same cup, no masks in local shops etc. No ones interested. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Stevey said:

Well said , Cushy I’m alright jack pensioners wanting the country shut down. I’m up hear in Nong Khai. Life going on as usual, 12 workers at the house next door drinking out of a barrel of water from the same cup, no masks in local shops etc. No ones interested. 

I've got 4-6 Burmese workers in my front yard every day.

Same precautions, nobody cares.

 

As an 'alright Jack boomer pensioner', I certainly don't want anything  shut down.

Edited by BritManToo
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

 

I think they have proven that their contact tracing efforts, without mass testing, worked this far. It's getting really serious first 13 months after the whole western world lost control. International experts are surprised that Thailand managed to keep infection rates so low for so long.   

 

I went through the ASQ quarantine system last year and was impressed how good it was. It was very good.

 

I think they do have a good contact tracing system, I don't know if it's going to be enough with a variant that is 70% more contagious though. The hot weather will help, I don't know if that's going to be enough either. The odds are against them.

 

Then explain to me how can you do good contact tracing if not everybody is tested ?? How can you trace a person if you don't know if they are infected ?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Then explain to me how can you do good contact tracing if not everybody is tested ?? How can you trace a person if you don't know if they are infected ?? And if you are here you know as well that not everybody that has been to those places has written down their name before entering or left some kind of contact info .

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2021 at 6:03 PM, AlfHuy said:

Where is NCC....

He hangs out in HuaHin and BKK.

 

Like a genie he will appear at your command.  😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

And the Covid train keeps a rolling, rolling, rolling.  We were set to visit a friend in Hua Hin the 1st week of May, but this newest debacle and spread will be keeping us in BKK.  We just returned from Chiang Mai, having been there for a week, and I see today a 3 digit number of cases listed.  We are self isolating for obvious reasons, but now after seeing what's happening in CM will definitely ensure we stay away from anyone else.  So much for getting in the trips before the tourists started to arrive in July, but then maybe the tourists will be staying away from Thailand as the Covid train has begun to increase its speed.  Waiting for the knock on the door and the PPE suit wearing medical staff to swoop on in........pure ugliness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...