First 90 day report ever, Chiang Mai

Because everyone likes to answer the same question again and again I'll hazard my repeat of an old question... Thanks in advance: My first ever 90-day report for O visa based on marriage is coming up. Piece of paper stapled in passport says "notify again on 19 April". Do I need to go on that day and that day only? What do I need to bring/do/pay? Can I do the drive through? I wonder if Covid or Songkran is going to affect this...

One of the reasons I ask here is I believe a first ever 90 day report is sometimes a bit different in its rules or requirements, did I not read that somewhere?

Thank you kindly, happy new year and clean air day!

Edited by bamboozled

Do not have to go on that day...can go anytime 14 days before up until that date or even 7 days after but new 90 days starts from day you go.

Passport/TM6/Visa/extension copies. TM30 if you have copy

No cost to do 90 day report

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonray said:

Do not have to go on that day...can go anytime 14 days before up until that date or even 7 days after but new 90 days starts from day you go.

Passport/TM6/Visa/extension copies. TM30 if you have copy

No cost to do 90 day report

Very kind of you, thank you. Can I use the drive-thru, do you know? "Extension copies" do you mean copies of the passport pages with that extension slip attached?

3 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

Immigration offices will be closed on the official Songkran days April 12 - 14.  If you decide to use the Promenada office, then you will need to provide your house GPS coordinates.

You are correct, no dispute. But isn't it bizarre that different offices in the same city have different requirements? What does the law say, and why isn't the law applied consistently nationwide? Apparently, someone at the level of office manager has the authority to impose his whims on people. I first came to Thailand in 1977 (not continuous), and have always been puzzled by this lack of consistency. End of rant. 

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I might be wrong and will go back soon but the Promenada office appeared closed down when I went by today.

It might well have been closed since today is a public holiday (Chakri Day).

On 4/6/2021 at 9:19 AM, jackdd said:

Just the TM47 and your passport, no copies required. Yes you can use the drive through.

FYI: just came from Nonthaburi office. Handed him my passport, TM47, and 90 day slip. He promptly asked for passport copies, extension stamp copies and TM6 card copies. So your mileage may vary. Never hurts to keep some basic copies in your folder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

FYI: just came from Nonthaburi office. Handed him my passport, TM47, and 90 day slip. He promptly asked for passport copies, extension stamp copies and TM6 card copies. So your mileage may vary. Never hurts to keep some basic copies in your folder.

OP was asking about Chiang Mai, where copies are not required. Other immigration offices may of course have different rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

OP was asking about Chiang Mai, where copies are not required.

As of the latest report....

tonray is just reiterating what's been said multiple times on this forum--bring copies of everything that possibly could be asked for -- because it may be asked for, at the whim of the IO in charge's hemorrhoid situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm just back from CM immigration and I did my first 90 report ever going through the drive through. All good. There was a bit of a line of cars so had to wait perhaps 20/30 minutes but I just had my passport and a single copy of the TM47 form and that sufficed.

One question: Am I supposed to have a new stamp in my passport or is it just the TM47 receipt? I looked through the passport but did not find a new stamp.. Thought I'd ask again here before searching again. It's so full of stamps and pages I might have missed it.

Cheers!

On 4/6/2021 at 9:04 AM, tonray said:

Usually dated from the date of submission if applying up to the report date.

If applying after the report date, it will be dated from the due date.

That is my experience.

• Like 1

Great, thanks fellows. Yes, my receipt says next date July 14. I guess that must be 90 days from today. I feel a little "naked" without a new stamp but so be it. I appreciate the info.

Oh, I don't plan on losing the receipt but what happens if one does? I'm sure it happens...

Cheers, Bam

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Oh, I don't plan on losing the receipt but what happens if one does?

Staple it into your passport so you don't lose it. Make a copy of it incase you lose it to show them.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got my first retirement extension in early Feb.  I did my first ever 90 day report at drive-thru in CM May 5th at 1:05PM.  There were about 5 ahead of me.

I was driving my scooter and baking in the sun so I just parked my bike in the line, and walked a few feet to be in the shade while waiting.

I would move the bike every time the line advanced.

In about 10 minutes I was at the window.  I handed him only my passport and updated bank book and said "I'm not sure what I need".

He immediately handed back the bank book, opened my PP and typed into his computer for a couple of minutes.  When entering my address he asked if I lived in Nong Hoi, I responded "Chai krup".  When he finished he handed me the receipt and my PP.

Apparently he was in a good mood and let me skate by without a TM47.  YMMV