Nonthaburi man found dead on train at Hua Hin station - Covid scare unfounded

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Ban Muang

Pol Lt Naraphat Bunchaisuwan of the Hua Hin police received a call from the Hua Hin station master at 8 am yesterday that a man had been found dead on a train. 

It was the #38 express from Sungei Kolok to Bangkok. 

Thirty eight year old Ekkasit Charoenphan from Nonthaburi was on the floor of carriage number 7 and had been dead about 1 hour. 

There were no injuries on the body that was taken away for autopsy at Hua Hin Hospital.

There was much talk among concerned passengers that the man may have died from Covid-19, reported Ban Muang

download-1.jpg

These fears proved to be unfounded. Dr Niran Jantrakoon at Hua Hin Hospital said that tests showed it was not Covid-19 related though a full spraying of the station was ordered as a precaution. 

The doctor said it looked like a pre-existing condition was responsible.

Friends of the victim said that they had been on a trip to a religious event in Pattani in the far south of Thailand and were on their way back to Nonthaburi.

download.jpg

They had got off the train at the station only to return and find their friend dead on the floor so they called railway staff.

He had been suffering from high blood pressure that was getting worse and was intending to seek treatment at home. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-06

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

If commuters are anything like my wife, they will have to put that train carriage into storage. She won't ever stay in a house where someone died for fear of ghosts. And yes, I do bang my head on the wall that someone with her education, her degrees and years of teaching can still think this way.

My missus is the same... scared of her own shadow. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If commuters are anything like my wife, they will have to put that train carriage into storage. She won't ever stay in a house where someone died for fear of ghosts. And yes, I do bang my head on the wall that someone with her education, her degrees and years of teaching can still think this way.

Thailand's chief forensic scientist believes in ghosts. She also trusts the GT200.

On 4/6/2021 at 1:30 PM, RichardColeman said:

If commuters are anything like my wife, they will have to put that train carriage into storage. She won't ever stay in a house where someone died for fear of ghosts.

Good thing then, that individual train carriages are almost impossible to identify by anyone but the most hardcore trainspotters.