Phuket’s second delivery of 50,000 vaccine doses arrives

webfact

1617679245_1-org.jpg

The second delivery of 50,000 doses of the CoronaVac vaccine arrived in Phuket yesterday (Apr 5). Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: The second delivery of 50,000 doses of the Chinese-made Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine ‘CoronaVac’ arrived in Phuket yesterday (Apr 5), completing the 100,000 doses promised by officials in Bangkok as part of the the push to have 70% of the island’s population vaccinated in order to reopen the island to receiving international tourists from July 1.

The delivery arrived at the medical supplies storage area at Vachira Hospital Phuket in Phuket Town, where Hospital Director Dr Chalermphong Sukontapol and staff inspected and received the delivery before having the doses moved to a temperature-controlled room.

Of the 50,000 doses delivered, 30,000 will be held at Vachira Phuket Hospital and 20,000 will be moved to Thalang Hospital before being transported to the five vaccination ‘service points’ set up by the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office (PPHO), Dr Chalermpong explained.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-second-delivery-of-50-000-vaccine-doses-arrives-79584.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-04-06

Meanwhile locally produced Siam Bioscience is allegedly stockpiling 5 production runs of A-Z since December 2020 with a release date in June 2021. 

Number of doses apparently withheld from the media as well as any on site tour of its production facilities.

But NOW the government is rushing 50,000 doses of imported Sinovac to Phuket, ie., to enhance tourism?

Why the delay, especially with more and more covid-19 infection hotspots increasing daily throughout parts of the nation?

it seems the inoculation is ongoing without any rhyme or reason

My friends thai 52 year old wife is getting her first shot tomorrow,  
does not work, not overweight, no underlining conditions, not in the tourism or medical profession. or well connected

Just registered online 2 weeks ago and got the notice yesterday where to show up for her shot

10 minutes ago, Humpy said:

Still no word on jabs for falangs !.... will the private hospitals be selling them ?

I had an email today from the international school my daughter goes to. They said the majority of Thai support staff and teachers have already been vaccinated and the only ones left will be completed by the 11th April. They were in touch with the provincial office to ask about the UK and International teachers which forms the largest majority of staff, apparently it wont be until around June. So my guess is that it will be the AZ vaccine from Siam Bioscience that has been promised around then?

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

it seems the inoculation is ongoing without any rhyme or reason

My friends thai 52 year old wife is getting her first shot tomorrow,  
does not work, not overweight, no underlining conditions, not in the tourism or medical profession. or well connected

Just registered online 2 weeks ago and got the notice yesterday where to show up for her shot

You basically just need to show up at one of the vaccine outlets and queue up, my wife is going tomorrow to Angsana Hotel, she's 44 years. A few of her friends were vaccinated last week at the same place.

14 hours ago, Humpy said:

Still no word on jabs for falangs !.... will the private hospitals be selling them ?

You bet they will as soon as they get the chance. The huge profits they will make immediately spring to mind.