Chiang Mai pollution continues to be terrible - people urged to wear masks

webfact

Much much better today after the rain/drizzle we have had over the past 3 days .… great to be able to open windows again to let fresh air in.

Also temp dropped by 10 degrees … feels much healthier.

The mountains visible again .… just took this shot from our garden.

68C8503C-6712-4A20-AEF7-C3417BE69D37.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, csmith said:

Much much better today after the rain/drizzle we have had over the past 3 days .… great to be able to open windows again to let fresh air in.

Also temp dropped by 10 degrees … feels much healthier.

The mountains visible again .… just took this shot from our garden.

68C8503C-6712-4A20-AEF7-C3417BE69D37.jpeg

As it should be, and incredibly just two days ago it was listed as most polluted city on the planet! Obviously they couldn't burn the fields for the last two days due to the rains and wala extreme PM2.5 air pollution is gone. 

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Why can't there just buy some large fans and blow it back ? 

I get your pun. Surpised the government hasn't installed giant fans all along the borders, which if done by some bizzare coincidence, the fans would either be stolen or broken down due to lack of maintenance.

• Confused 1

Chiang Mai pollution continues to be terrible - people urged to wear masks

Heck.  I hate to be Captain Obvious here, but think about the silliness of that statement given the current time and circumstances.  Hummm.  ????

• Like 1

I did enjoy the scenery of Chiang Mai and area years ago when I visited in December. the near 0c in two days

was a bit of a shock, but the air was clear.  I still prefer being near the ocean though, as I live near the mountains

and, as my one Thai Canadian friend says, of mountains, if you seen one, you"ve seen them all. 555. good luck

with your smoky problem.  Yes I was there once in the smoky season, and have not gone back since.

Geezer