Pattaya: First of its kind seaside extreme sports arena planned for Bali Hai

webfact

10pm.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Sophon Cable TV reported on Facebook that the Pattaya mayor Sontaya Kunplome had been in negotiations with the Extreme Sports' Association of Thailand regarding the building of an arena at Bali Hai port by the dancing fountains. 

Deputy mayor Pattana Bunsawat said that Piti Phiromphakdi of the association was helping City Hall with the design layout and specifications.

Sports that will be able to be practiced and shown there include rollerblading, BMX and skate boarding. 

It will be the first of its kind in a beachfront location in Thailand. 

It is hoped that international competition will be able to be held there as the 40 meter x 20 meter arena will follow all good standards. 

10pm3.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable TV

Budget for the build will hopefully come from a fund for sports' development.

Pattana said that the facility will help youth to use their time wisely.

He mentioned that five local youth are ranked already among the best extreme sportsmen in Asia. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-06

I in the 10 years I have been in Pattaya.....I have only very rarely seen anyone riding a skateboard or a BMX bike......How many (No Skateboarding) signs have you seen around town?.....Almost Zero or Zero is how many because very few people ride them.......

Now.......Out of the blue, some bureaucrat has decided that skateboarding is going to be in fashion and will now be a popular sport.......Hey I got nothing against skateboarding.......But all this skateboarding stuff was hardly a organic trend........ 

Edited by redwood1

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Listen mate, extreme sports in Pattaya should be more like Avoiding tripping up over the pavement and breaking something, The Chinese turd hurdle, The Dodging the cars on zebra crossing, The ladyboy sneak quickstep and The 3ft water wade for the Songtel sprint ! Sure we could all add a few more

And the jetski sidestep.

16 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Listen mate, extreme sports in Pattaya should be more like Avoiding tripping up over the pavement and breaking something, The Chinese turd hurdle, The Dodging the cars on zebra crossing, The ladyboy sneak quickstep and The 3ft water wade for the Songtel sprint ! Sure we could all add a few more

Don't forget the Limbo event, ducking under low-hanging live electrical wires and awning ropes. 

image.jpeg.7c70461483ca775dbc8178cc082d44f0.jpeg

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Like 1