Thailand reports 250 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

REUTERS232.jpg

REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand reported 250 new COVID-19 infections on Tuesday, continuing the spike of new cases in recent days

Of the new cases, 245 were local transmissions, while 5 were imported from people entering quarantine. 

Most of the new cases are  linked to the clusters from entertainment venues in Bangkok.

A further 108 people were discharged from hospital having made a full recovery.

1,528 people remain in hospital or held in a migrant worker quarantine centre.

Tuesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 29,571 with 95 deaths. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-06

Screenshot_4.jpg.f71e7e309aefdb8f869d08b4628d65e8.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/fanmoph/posts/6014282835264688

Local case breakdown by province:

• 7 Samut Sakhon (2.86 %)
• Bangkok. 156 person (63.67 %)
• 82 other provinces (33.47 %)

Screenshot_9.jpg.d8ccd85a9d14c8572829ba86809eaab9.jpg

The 245 domestic cases total above doesn't include the additional 5 cases reported of incoming travelers via quarantine.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Screenshot_10.jpg.12ad6173070f3403c4c4fc76f1c11b6c.jpg

Official COVID-19 update in Thailand on Tuesday
* 29,571 people infected (+ 250 cases)
* 27,948 discharged from hospital (+108)
* 1528 in hospital
* 95 deaths (+0)

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration said the latest imported cases are:
Madagascar - 1
United Arab Emirates - 1
Pakistan - 1
Czech - 1
Turkey - 1
Total: 5

Domestic cases - 90

Proactive case finding in communities - 155

28 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I have been watching the gap between Aus (was 42nd now 115th) and Thailand (was down at 152nd now 114th ) on Worldometers.info since the beginning watching the gap narrowing quick over the last few months and wonder now just how high Thailand will go up the list .

Here's the government's updated chart on that as of today. Thailand at 114 rank among countries:

Screenshot_12.jpg.0ca6d9e599cdfce67de2f25cbb8893f1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/300560898228908

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You just don't get it do you. You seem to care less about the potential lockdowns this government will take and the potential spread that is being shown by where these cases are. Enjoy your self isolation.

I care a lot about the potential lockdowns that this government might take as lockdowns destroy people's lives and futures.  I'm not in isolation (yet) and hopefully won't be!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I care a lot about the potential lockdowns that this government might take as lockdowns destroy people's lives and futures.  I'm not in isolation (yet) and hopefully won't be!

Sure doesn't sound like it by the way your post is written.  I agree and believe there always has been more cases out there. However, they have never tested further than their wanting to. I believe they have not wanted to face the truth.  Does everyone need to be hospitalized, no they don't.  Get the vaccines moving and inoculate the country.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Som Tam Pla Ra Thai Chili vaccine. Strong enough to clean out your system.

If you clicked on the link regarding the "a new molecular design" you might learn something to your advantage, because there are some very exciting advances being made, and tests are currently being conducted in Thailand, which could result in a much more powerful/stronger vaccine which is far easier and cheaper to produce than current methods.

Vaccines are going to control the viras. It is essential to expedite vaccination programme for entire country before opening up for International/domestic tourism . Probably more cases will arise now in Phuket, Samui and other tourist hot spots over the coming Songkran holidays

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the government's updated chart on that as of today. Thailand at 114 rank among countries:

Yeah , yeah, and 134th in test per million. Maybe there's a link there somewhere if only I could find it.

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Haha 1