Thailand reports 250 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

1 minute ago, Phuketshrew said:

I think they are doing fine but they were a bit miffed that they were not allowed out at 6 am to put their towels on the sun beds ....

There is no competition now.

• Haha 2

BMA put out this EN graphic this morning. I can't explain the meaning of all the stats they present, except that it appears to say BKK hospitals currently have 348 confirmed CV cases (not clear if that means just BMA public hospitals or all hospitals, public and private).

Screenshot_16.jpg.26533d3bc21d7f2cd87a7e6987a2b5ef.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/prbangkok/posts/3377962465636684

1 hour ago, Daithi85 said:

Which migrants? Aren't all  us foreigners migrants? 

Nope . Sure aren't. Expats and aliens mostly. Migrants generally looking for work (as in migrant labour), immigrants generally looking for pr or citizenship.  Most foreigners don't fit into either of those categories. 

Tips in the most common visa types retirement and non-immigrant ????

Edited by starky
  • Like 1

The numbers are creeping up day by day and these are numbers that are confirmed who’s to say there are those up North in the sticks who cannot get to a doctor or hospital I hope I am wrong but with SONGKRAN next week we could end up with 1,000s of Covid cases I hope I am wrong .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crazykopite said:

The numbers are creeping up day by day and these are numbers that are confirmed who’s to say there are those up North in the sticks who cannot get to a doctor or hospital I hope I am wrong but with SONGKRAN next week we could end up with 1,000s of Covid cases I hope I am wrong .

You know they have hospitals even "up north in the sticks" eh?or are you saying all these mystery covid cases are crippled as well?

Edited by starky

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unless proven measures to combat the virus are taken right now then it won't be staying at 250 it will rise into the thousands. That's science for you.

But the figures would become rather inaccurate, thats Thai mathematics for you ????????

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

They also can't get to city folk carrying the virus. Pandemics spread through close contact.

Your hope has been granted, you are wrong.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daithi85 said:

Which migrants? Aren't all  us foreigners migrants? 

With a big differance that most of us are here now long time in Thailand without travelling out of Thailand (as i 3 years now) So not brought no C19 in to Thailland

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Most of the new cases are  linked to the clusters from entertainment venues in Bangkok

These venues are getting what they deserve... they flout any precautions thinking it's all a big joke..

Som Nam na.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unless proven measures to combat the virus are taken right now then it won't be staying at 250 it will rise into the thousands. That's science for you.

You are so right , especially the lack of social distancing by Thai nationals could lead to widespread infections .  Just look in your local market 7-11 or shopping malls , complete disregard social distancing,

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

I think they are doing fine but they were a bit miffed that they were not allowed out at 6 am to put their towels on the sun beds ....

You made me laugh aloud sir. Very funny

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your calling me a fear monger now.  Wow, no fear mongering at all, just being a realist about lack of testing and what is the true end result.  If you think that's not right well then I feel sorry for you that you can not accept reality.  

No your not a realist because nothing that you have said has come to pass. Prove to me there is a lack of testing that Thailands covid response is lacking or that the virus is rife throughout Thailand as you proclaim. I'll happily put my hand up if I'm wrong and apologise 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Here's the government's updated chart on that as of today. Thailand at 114 rank among countries:

Screenshot_12.jpg.0ca6d9e599cdfce67de2f25cbb8893f1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/300560898228908

This chart only shows total figures and not the current trend which will be used to qualify for international travel .     Also what is needed is info on cv testing  , e.g. area of testing , how many tested and the number of positive tests , also the type of test used e.g. pcr or LFD . I have seen tents set up for testing and the test was only a digital temperature test , same as used when entering a shop . Thailand does not have the capacity to carry out a national testing programme , so its position of 114 on the list is in my mind not an accurate reflection  of statistics .

BTW if you wanted to attract tourists to your country it would not be beneficial to show high levels of the virus , a bit like doing your own business audit as opposed to an outside agency .

• Like 1

Just now, starky said:

No your not a realist because nothing that you have said has come to pass. Prove to me there is a lack of testing that Thailands covid response is lacking or that the virus is rife throughout Thailand as you proclaim. I'll happily put my hand up if I'm wrong and apologise 

Tell me again what the percentage tested has been, and how without doing mass testing they have ensured covid is slim to none. Tell me how that's working out when these cases just keep coming. Good day sir enjoy your life as an essential worker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes.  Although I think it's probably in the thousands already, and has been for a long time.

Possible and that would mean that the testing in Thailand was far from adequate to miss so many

Bad reporting again. A spike is a spike , a one off event, not a trend which this is becoming upwards and oh just wait until after Songkran, that will be the true reflection but fingers crossed it will not be an upward trend because if it is by then, almost certainly it will be out of control if tested and reported to international standards.  It is ironic though that in more developed countries the poor and underprivileged appear to have a greater risk. Whereas here in Thailand , due to the open air living and locally produced produce the poor are probably less susceptible to infection than the hiso's in BKK and other major cities.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Excel said:

Bad reporting again. A spike is a spike , a one off event, not a trend which this is becoming upwards and oh just wait until after Songkran, that will be the true reflection but fingers crossed it will not be an upward trend because if it is by then, almost certainly it will be out of control if tested and reported to international standards.  It is ironic though that in more developed countries the poor and underprivileged appear to have a greater risk. Whereas here in Thailand , due to the open air living and locally produced produce the poor are probably less susceptible to infection than the hiso's in BKK and other major cities.

The experts seem to be of the opinion we've already started the 3 wave.

Thailand is entering the third wave of COVID-19 infections, with the disease spreading widely: Professor Dr. Thiravat Hemachudha, head of the Center for Emerging Disease Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-entering-third-wave-of-covid-19-infections-dr-thiravat-hemachudha/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

The experts seem to be of the opinion we've already started the 3 wave.

Thailand is entering the third wave of COVID-19 infections, with the disease spreading widely: Professor Dr. Thiravat Hemachudha, head of the Center for Emerging Disease Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-entering-third-wave-of-covid-19-infections-dr-thiravat-hemachudha/

Whilst I think your primary statement is correct I would not give tuppence to what any so called professor spouts here in Thailand., which is generally an "after the event" statement. they generally are only experts in there own minds unfortunately as they have neither developed any world leading cures  - remember they came up with cures for HIV, Cancer etc etc utter rubbish and only reported for the ears of Thais as the real world understands their level of competency.

Edited by Excel
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

So your calling me a fear monger now.  Wow, no fear mongering at all, just being a realist about lack of testing and what is the true end result.  If you think that's not right well then I feel sorry for you that you can not accept reality.  

The reality is that nearly every country in the world is rolling out the virus and international travel will not occur until the majority of populations are vaccinated. You might not want to go anywhere in the next few years, but many of us long for the freedom to travel again and meet up with loved ones overseas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Whilst I think your primary statement is correct I would not give tuppence to what any so called professor spouts here in Thailand., which is generally an "after the event" statement. 

I agree with you on many so called experts but they are generally more informed than our usual TV cheerleaders

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, poohy said:

PKK nearly all fully booked up for weekend holiday worrying as "infected" will be coming from Bangkok

I forecast a sharp virus rise and possibly another lockdown misery....all for putting a bit of cash into economy

Even more worrying no vaccination  strategy seems to be in place

So long as it cripples the baht, only good can come of it.