Retirement visa, 65000 baht transfer method

As my ambassy probably will no more issue affidavid for pension, i am considering the transfer every month on my thai bank account the sum of 65000 bath. My question: can i use this money or a minimum has to stay on the account?

7 minutes ago, fishtank said:

You can use it as far as I know.

They only want to know that you actually have the required monthly income.

concur, but the proof of 65,000 Baht a month income is not as straight forward as just arriving in you bank account, you need proof that it came from outside Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

OP, you can use the money. 

The important thing is to show that the 65k deposit(s) came from overseas. That is topic in itself. Google "FTT code thaivisa"

and all the thaivisa threads will be shown. Lot of good information. Popular thransfer company is transferwise. Recently rebranded to "Wise". You also may need to show money coming from "pension"

If you mention your embassy someone can advise if you can use 'embassy income letter'. Good option.

USA, UK and AU do not provide embassy letter.

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, you can use the money. 

The important thing is to show that the 65k deposit(s) came from overseas. That is topic in itself. Google "FTT code thaivisa"

and all the thaivisa threads will be shown. Lot of good information. Popular thransfer company is transferwise. Recently rebranded to "Wise". You also may need to show money coming from "pension"

If you mention your embassy someone can advise if you can use 'embassy income letter'. Good option.

USA, UK and AU do not provide embassy letter.

Doesn't need to say pension.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jhama said:

I got this information from ambassy by email and by phone.

I got the same. Until mid June this year, they provide Affidavit as before. After that, you still get an Affidavit but must prove the income and not just saying that you receive XYZ a year.

Before, they basically just confirmed your signature and now, they want evidence of your income.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jhama said:

Ambassy Belgium has said they will stop doing affidavid from june, this year.

Not true. Read your email. They will still give out Affidavits but now, you must prove your income and not just writing it on the "Affidavit" form. 

Edited by AlfHuy

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Depends on immigration office and imm officer. If the OP, knows which office he will be dealing with he would receive personal advice based on experience.

My Affidavit doesn't mention anywhere where the money comes from. It just says how much in EUR and approx. how much converted in THB. Not the origin.

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

My Affidavit doesn't mention anywhere where the money comes from. It just says how much in EUR and approx. how much converted in THB. Not the origin.

The OP topic was about income method.

My comments were regarding that.

The fact that it has morphed into using embassy income letter is another matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlfHuy said:

The affidavit does not need to state the origins of the money, just how much your income is.

The Immigration Officer can request to be shown proof of the sources behind the Income letter if he so desires.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

The affidavit does not need to state the origins of the money, just how much your income is.

The Immigration Officer can request to be shown proof of the sources behind the Income letter if he so desires.

Maybe but where does it say that the 65k "must be" pension income?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Not true. Read your email. They will still give out Affidavits but now, you must prove your income and not just writing it on the "Affidavit" form. 

It was not specified in the email they send me. I tried ( without success) to contact belgium ambassy for clear informations. When i get information, i shall inform here.

Just now, jhama said:

It was not specified in the email they send me. I tried ( without success) to contact belgium ambassy for clear informations. When i get information, i shall inform here.

I went to the Embassy last Friday for my identity card and asked as well in regards of the Affidavit.

They said the same as mentioned in the email:

Until mid June, no changes and afterwards, they still give Affidavits but want to see the proof of income.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Look at item 18 in the list of documents, it refers to pensions as acceptable proof of income, but doesn't limit income to pensions. Pensions is easy for Immigration to hang their hat on, as they can understand them, other sources of income are not so easy to grasp and understand, therefore are suspect.

Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc - Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits - Thai Visa Forum

5 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Look at item 18 in the list of documents, it refers to pensions as acceptable proof of income, but doesn't limit income to pensions. Pensions is easy for Immigration to hang their hat on, as they can understand them, other sources of income are not so easy to grasp and understand, therefore are suspect.

Laws, regulations, Police Orders, etc - Thai Visas, Residency, and Work Permits - Thai Visa Forum

Difficult to find someone with a pension aged just over 50.

Retirement visa from age 50.  If they would insist on pension income, then the Non Imm O-A should be increased to 65 or up.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

I went to the Embassy last Friday for my identity card and asked as well in regards of the Affidavit.

Until mid June, no changes and afterwards, they still give Affidavits but want to see the proof of income.

ok good news. I guess copy of the document  (avertissement extrait de rôle) of ministery of finances which shows amount of pension and tax paid should be sufficient. Embassy Belgium closed today.

Just now, jhama said:

ok good news. I guess copy of the document  (avertissement extrait de rôle) of ministery of finances which shows amount of pension and tax paid should be sufficient. Embassy Belgium closed today.

I think so. I don't have a pension yet. I have other income.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Difficult to find someone with a pension aged just over 50.

Retirement visa from age 50.  If they would insist on pension income, then the Non Imm O-A should be increased to 65 or up.

Not difficult with 800,000 in the bank, they don't insist on monthly income. Reckon they would prefer that route as it means less work for them.

Edited by foreverlomsak
Clarification

3 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Jontiem ask for evidence of pension for those using 65k baht method. I use my UK bank statements, P60, company pension payslip and DWP notification of my state pension amount. Others have argued at Jomtien that its not required but got nowhere.

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

Not difficult with 800,000 in the bank, they don't insist on monthly income. Reckon they would prefer that route as it means less work for them.

I could put the 800k in a Thai bank but rather let the money work for me.

I transfer each month well above 65k, the amount I need.

International school fees come on top.

Private Health insurance on top.

2 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

It is also possible that if the Belgium embassy are continuing to issue Affidavits, his immigration office will not accept any other method. @jhama you will need to check this with your IO.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Police Order 138/2557 (amended)2019.

Supporting evidence of income for visa extension in case of family members and retirement

2.22 Retirement

Document
l. Application form
2. A copy of the applicant's passport
3. Evidence showing income such as pension or interest received or dividend received and/or;
4. Certification letter from the bank in Thailand and a copy of bank book.

Procedures.

Evidence showing income not less than 65,000 baht monthly includes:
1) Evidence showing pension - a letter of certification on deposit in the bank in Thailand and bank statement showing money transfer from overseas every month for the past 12 months. Except in a case where the applicant's retirement is less than I year, the evidence must be from the month of retirement. For example, the retirement is started in October 2018, the applicant must show pension payment evidence from November 2018 and pension payment evidence of the whole 12 months is required for the next year or;
2) Income certification certified by the embassy or consular.

2. 138-2557 (2019 )Supp Ev Income Eng.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1