Uk prescription only medicines (Trt) in Thailand

LeeUklondon

I currently have uk prescription for testosterone, hcg and an ai.

i plan on moving to Thailand next year. I was planning on keeping my prescribing doctor in the uk.

will thai pharmacies accept a prescription written by a uk doctor? Or will I need to get a prescription from a thai doctor?

10 minutes ago, polpott said:

I get a repeat prescription every 8 weeks from my GP in the UK. It gets sent to a designated pharmacy where a friend picks it up for me, parcels it up and posts it to me in Thailand. Been doing that for several years without a problem.

what method of posting, and what is written on any customs forms, please

• Like 2

Just now, steve187 said:

what method of posting, and what is written on any customs forms, please

I thought the same thing. I've had second hand books held up in customs here and told them to keep them after hearing how much they wanted me to pay them to release them. I suspect that they'd be even more militant with medications. Plus, it won't work because HCG needs to be refrigerated. 

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You do need need a prescription for testosterone. You do need one for HCG and an AI.

Prescruptions written by a foreign doctor have no validity here (though showing it to a Thai doctor will facilitate gett9ng a local script).

Generally speaking prescription only meds here have to be gotten at a hospital pharmacy or clinic, most independent pharmacies do not fill prescriptions and there is not really a system for doing so.

in places like Bangkok and Chiang Mai there are clinics that specialize in thiw sort of thing  e.g.   http://www.maximumclinic.com/

Many thanks. I did get a quote of maximum clinic, they are £400 a month more expensive than my uk private doctor. They cost more than a 3 bed house.

looks like I will need my uk doctor to work with a thai doctor to get the prescription. I don’t want any doubt about whatsoever that the meds are genuine. 

Dr Donna Robinson at Medconsult Clinic offers the service of refill prescriptions.

https://medconsultclinic.wixsite.com/medconsult/order-your-prescription

There is a chat function on the website and you can ask about the possibility of getting a refill on the last prescription you had from your UK physician, if you have a copy of it, for the medicines that you cannot get in Thailand without a prescription.

P.S. I see that you are not currently in Thailand but plan to relocate next year. Good plan on your part, though, to explore the possibility of getting a UK prescription refilled in Thailand in advance.

Edited by Puccini
added postscript
  • Thanks 1

I need to explore it in the sense that it could be a major cost.

See above, maximum clinic in Bangkok said is would be £500 a month. Could be my biggest expense if I am not careful. Thanks for the link. 

£500 is a rip off btw, it is only £100 per month in uk

Edited by LeeUklondon

On 4/6/2021 at 7:26 PM, polpott said:

Use Post Office "track and trace". Well parceled with destination address (no need to use any Thai) senders address and parcel clearly labelled "prescription medicines". In all the years I've been doing it I've never had a problem with customs and never even had a parcel opened. They're allegedly x-rayed but mine includes packs containing needles and syringes and still no problems.

yes best way ,never use DHL or any of that crowd , track and trace ,no problems.

• Thanks 1

Are you actually on TRT or on "TRT"?

If you are on real TRT you don't need an AI.

If you are on "TRT" you could just reduce the testosterone and stack it with another steroid which keeps your Estrogen down, then also no AI required.

Do you plan to get children any time soon or what's the point of HCG?

Testosterone doesn't need a prescription here in Thailand.

Edited by jackdd
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jackdd said:

If you are on "TRT" you could just reduce the testosterone and stack it with another steroid which keeps your Estrogen down, then also no AI required.

Yeah my thoughts exactly - what is your test dose that requires you to need an AI? if he aromatises then the level is too high or he as an issue with SHBG etc..... 

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2021 at 3:05 AM, eezergood said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly - what is your test dose that requires you to need an AI? if he aromatises then the level is too high or he as an issue with SHBG etc..... 

Yes, I am on real trt under a uk doctor. He has over 600 trt patients, including Dorian Yates.

i have low SHBG, which makes treatment difficult and means I need an ai. 

In in terms of hcg, my doctor recommends wether you want to remain fertile or not. If your body shuts down testosterone production it disturbs your hormone signalling pathways and will reduce production  of other hormones (DHEA) Which I think  an lead to depression? 

On 4/8/2021 at 1:09 PM, jackdd said:

My doc says hcg is not just for fertility, by keeping your natural testosterone pAthwYs open, you continue to produce other hormones (dhea I think) 

On 4/6/2021 at 4:40 PM, polpott said:

I get a repeat prescription every 8 weeks from my GP in the UK. It gets sent to a designated pharmacy where a friend picks it up for me, parcels it up and posts it to me in Thailand. Been doing that for several years without a problem.

How lucky you are ... my GP in the UK needed to see me every year before he would renew my script.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LeeUklondon said:

Yes, I am on real trt under a uk doctor. He has over 600 trt patients, including Dorian Yates.

i have low SHBG, which makes treatment difficult and means I need an ai. 

In in terms of hcg, my doctor recommends wether you want to remain fertile or not. If your body shuts down testosterone production it disturbs your hormone signalling pathways and will reduce production  of other hormones (DHEA) Which I think  an lead to depression? 

As I mentioned the only reasonable (without sound like a know it all) explanation for as Ai would be the shbg reason - so this kind of makes sense. 

That said, what is your dose if you dont mind to share?

Dorian is on TRT for entirely different reasons as we both know, but its good to see you have Dr that looks are the MACRO picture of your endocrinology rather than a band aid solution 

Would also be interesting to know what your lipids look like

14 minutes ago, eezergood said:

As I mentioned the only reasonable (without sound like a know it all) explanation for as Ai would be the shbg reason - so this kind of makes sense. 

That said, what is your dose if you dont mind to share?

Dorian is on TRT for entirely different reasons as we both know, but its good to see you have Dr that looks are the MACRO picture of your endocrinology rather than a band aid solution 

Would also be interesting to know what your lipids look like

I am on 10 mg daily. Can’t remember hcg.

total t is around 20, free t  is slightly above max range. Without an ai estrogen was 230, with an ai it is 80. 

Edited by LeeUklondon

15 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

How lucky you are ... my GP in the UK needed to see me every year before he would renew my script.

Mine normally does, however haven't been back for almost 2 years and GPs are that busy I think that some routine tasks have fallen by the wayside. Hopefully I'll be seeing my GP in 3 weeks.

3 hours ago, JAS21 said:

Yes, if it is for trt, my doctor insists on an annual check up, not least of which is for the prostrate test, as it was once believed that trt lead to prostrate cancer. It does not but they want to keep the regulators happy.

but at that meeting you can walk away with 12 months of medications if you live abroad, with a signed letter. 

The problem for me would be the hcg as it is cold chain, so not good on a 12 hour flight. Plus all the worsting time. 

Edited by LeeUklondon

On 4/10/2021 at 7:01 PM, LeeUklondon said:

I am on 10 mg daily. Can’t remember hcg.

total t is around 20, free t  is slightly above max range. Without an ai estrogen was 230, with an ai it is 80. 

10 mg is certainly not loads - Which test are you using mate?

Im so long out of the UK i have no idea what these numbers mean, but I know there is an online calculator to change them into the ngdl  numbers

HCG should be no issue to source here I would think 

2 hours ago, eezergood said:

10 mg is certainly not loads - Which test are you using mate?

Im so long out of the UK i have no idea what these numbers mean, but I know there is an online calculator to change them into the ngdl  numbers

HCG should be no issue to source here I would think 

Yes, I started on 100mg per week, went high estrogen. It was pure torture.

i am on test cypionate, it is meant to be best for sub cutaneous injections. I started on sustanon but got really bad post injection pain.

Thats why I am happy to keep uk doctor, for me trt has not been easy. 

2 hours ago, LeeUklondon said:

Yes, I started on 100mg per week, went high estrogen. It was pure torture.

i am on test cypionate, it is meant to be best for sub cutaneous injections. I started on sustanon but got really bad post injection pain.

Thats why I am happy to keep uk doctor, for me trt has not been easy. 

Good you have it under control mate, but daily injections....... 

1 hour ago, eezergood said:

Good you have it under control mate, but daily injections....... 

I actually prefer daily injections. In addition to having low SHBG, high estrogen and post injection pain I am also needle phobic. I used to dread the weekly injection in the <deleted>.

so, I sought out my current doctor as he is in favour of daily injections, as his idea is to mimic natural production. Plus imagine how estrogen is I would be if I took one big weekly injection. My t and e would spike. 

19 hours ago, LeeUklondon said:

I actually prefer daily injections. In addition to having low SHBG, high estrogen and post injection pain I am also needle phobic. I used to dread the weekly injection in the <deleted>.

so, I sought out my current doctor as he is in favour of daily injections, as his idea is to mimic natural production. Plus imagine how estrogen is I would be if I took one big weekly injection. My t and e would spike. 

yeah but test Syp has a half life of 8 days, so you will still at some stage get spikes (greatly reduced i agree) but if you can manage it then good on you mate.

Glad you got a Dr that is understanding 

4 hours ago, eezergood said:

yeah but test Syp has a half life of 8 days, so you will still at some stage get spikes (greatly reduced i agree) but if you can manage it then good on you mate.

Glad you got a Dr that is understanding 

Yes. Trt is all he does, so he has a lot of experience. Most nhs doctors have no clue about trt. 

And most of the private clinics rip tou iff on medication as it’s a controlled substance they know you can only get it from them. He gives you the meds at cost, makes his money on consultation only

22 hours ago, Mansell said:

Check Siam Pharmacy in Nakhon Ratchasima. Their prices are the lowest I’ve seen and they will ship around the country. They have around 25 ladies working there, and always busy. Supposedly opening a branch in BKK.

Yes I recently had to find alternatives for my prescription meds that I would bring over from overseas, usually a years supply at a time, not allowed, rule is no more than 30 days at a time, but we all take risks, so I had to find an alternative as my meds ran out, and used them, no prescriptions required for my heart meds, next day delivery by courier, very reliable.

Expect to pay more than you would back home, but the cheapest I have found by far here and will keep using them until I get back home to stock up as it's 5 times cheaper back home per packet.