Hua Hin sees spike in Covid-19 cases linked to Maya Pub/ Korean restaurant

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: New TV

Dr Suriya Khuharat of the Prachuap Khirikhan department of public health said that there were six new cases of Covid associated with the Maya Pub and the Ting Kowlee (Korean) restaurant. 

He urged people who were at the former on March 30th between 10pm and 2 am to get tested. The same went for those who visited the restaurant on April 1st between 6 and 7 pm.

He said via New TV shared on Facebook that the original figure before the latest cases was 10. 

Local journalist Kulsawek Sawekwannakorn gave the timeline of cases 11 through 14 who were contacts of earlier cases and who had either been to the places in question or had contacts elsewhere. 

One of the infected had been working at the Wacharee Apartmnent in Khao Phitak Soi 10 and another had worked at the Ban Khun Phor restaurant in Hua Hin Soi 88 where they had subsequently handed out leaflets. 

In many cases those now infected had not been wearing face masks. 

Kulsawel called the latest situation "stressful". 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-04-07

"In many cases those now infected had not been wearing face masks."

Obviously because there are no consequences apart from endangering their own and others health. So some simply don't care. Their are laws and regulations. But if they are not enforced they are good for nothing. But this is nothing new and surprising. Normally... 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Oldie said:

Obviously because there are no consequences apart from endangering their own and others health. So some simply don't care. Their are laws and regulations. But if they are not enforced they are good for nothing. But this is nothing new and surprising. Normally... 

nothing to do with morals.. have you tried drinking beer with a mask on?

until someone comes up with a mask with a built in straw, people will have to take them off to imbibe

..or shut down nightlife entirely

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeorgeCross said:

wife just informed me that the Baan Khum Por infected worker was actually handing out flyers at the entrance whilst not wearing a mask..

perfect delivery mechanism.

Unless the worker was coughing and sneezing at the door, it's not likely it was spread much just by taking a leaflet from them. https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

nothing to do with morals.. have you tried drinking beer with a mask on?

until someone comes up with a mask with a built in straw, people will have to take them off to imbibe

..or shut down nightlife entirely

your comments are a bit daft really mate.

when not drinking or eating, can wear a mask, and what is the excuse of the staff?

people are careless.

and from what i have seen, the ex pats are the worst culprits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, d2b2 said:

Just wait for the hordes of Bangkok tourists swarming into Hua Hin for Songkran. The numbers of infections are sure to swell. 
The Health Minister’s reckless insistence that there be no restrictions on travel during Songkran seems the perfect vehicle to seed the entire Kingdom with new infections.
฿฿฿฿ over prudence. 

the numbers will swell anyway now

Bankok people or not.

the Hua Hin locals, thai and expats have let the guard down hugely now

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

wife just informed me that the Baan Khum Por infected worker was actually handing out flyers at the entrance whilst not wearing a mask..

perfect delivery mechanism.

I hate when I see those handouts at the Malls and they don’t wear mask they re just Superspreaders I tell them stay away or report ti Security 

2 hours ago, nickmondo said:

when not drinking or eating, can wear a mask, and what is the excuse of the staff?

people are careless.

It’s like Starbucks is a Mask Free Zone with these Farang morons and most Farang mot have mask in walking around malls they put on entry snd remove immediately or reach into front pocket snd grab a filthy mask they ‘be had for weeks in their pocket 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, nickmondo said:

people are careless.

a bit daft? seriously? what do you suggest pulling up the mask between sips? ????

i dont know about you but when i go into a bar i drink until i leave so i'm ALWAYS drinking. have one, have another.. ok next bar.. home.

2 hours ago, Aomelia said:

It’s like Starbucks is a Mask Free Zone with these Farang morons and most Farang mot have mask in walking around malls they put on entry snd remove immediately or reach into front pocket snd grab a filthy mask they ‘be had for weeks in their pocket 

i suppose you walk around with a hazmat suit on to keep away from the filthy "farang morons" ?

2 hours ago, Aomelia said:

Not to detract from your main point but if it's been in their pocket for weeks it's pretty sterile. Viruses and bacteria can't survive in dry places with exposure to oxygen and most likely UV light as well. UV works in seconds. 

OK, carry on. Just a short break to be obnoxiously pedantic. ????

On 4/7/2021 at 7:21 AM, Oldie said:

imo alcohol consumption really brings the stupid out of people, bars should have never reopened till a large part of the country was vaccinated. Just as drunk selfish morons get behind a wheel and slaughter the innocent, these addicted fools have now spread the pox far and wide. With private hospitals bowing out of testing (for they see the tsunami coming) look to see the country shut right down..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

87 new COVID-19 cases in Hua Hin Friday, most linked to a pub

HuaHin.jpg

Hua Hin ©thailandtourismdirectory.go.th

Another 87 new COVID-19 cases, most linked to a pub in the resort town of Hua Hin, were recorded Friday in Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

Provincial Governor Pallop Sinhaseni told the media today that most of the new infections were linked to the Maya Pub, where a concert was held on March 30th, featuring well-known singer and entertainer Joey Boy.

It was earlier reported that a woman, who works at the Krystal Club bar in Bangkok’s Thonglor area, had visited the pub with her boyfriend before the concert.

Full story:  https://www.thaipbsworld.com/87-new-covid-19-cases-in-hua-hin-today-most-linked-to-a-pub/

Logo-top-.png

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

From link - Despite the surge in new infections, he assured that it is still safe to travel to Hua Hin, as officials have disinfected all the venues visited by the infected and those believed to be infected.

Course it is 

I'm sure those in charge still believe the majority of transmission is by touch/surface, like disinfection of markets 2 weeks after they close due to outbreak. Better spending money on more test and trace.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Provincial Governor Pallop Sinhaseni told the media today that most of the new infections were linked to the Maya Pub, where a concert was held on March 30th, featuring well-known singer and entertainer Joey Boy.

It was earlier reported that a woman, who works at the Krystal Club bar in Bangkok’s Thonglor area, had visited the pub with her boyfriend before the concert.

Nice work Maya pub, you just screwed yourselves and the rest of Hua Hin.... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

It's the next level of infections which are going to sting here - when they go home to their families and back to work (already happening now) based on something I read about a police head honcho who went back to his office in Petchaburi after visiting this Maya place - many staff sent for some form of isolation.

I was sitting in Svensens in BluPort on Thursday when I received a phone call from a member of staff from a local golf club where my wife and I had gone for a Sunday Brunch, the lady told me that a member of their staff a member of their staff had tested positive for Covid-19 and they were informing all attendees of the brunch of the fact that they may have had contact with the infected member of staff.
She also said that I was with a lady and could she have her contact details, I responded that lady was my wife and was sitting with me now, that seemed sufficient.
I was impressed that the Banyan traced and informed those in attendance at their brunch, maybe their member of staff was at the pub, who knows, they closed the golf club to do a deep clean so clearly are taking the threat of infection seriously.

• Like 1