Visitors to Buriram from high risk locations must quarantine for 14 days

webfact

Contradictory statements coming from Buriram and Anutin.

When one arrives in Buriram on a bus or train, how do those controlling things know where passengers have come from. Trains and buses stop everywhere. Very easy to say you boarded at Korat for example (though of course Thais would never lie!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, prakhonchai nick said:

Contradictory statements coming from Buriram and Anutin.

When one arrives in Buriram on a bus or train, how do those controlling things know where passengers have come from. Trains and buses stop everywhere. Very easy to say you boarded at Korat for example (though of course Thais would never lie!)

Doesn't matter where you say you came from, you'll be documented.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

how exactly are they going to do this ?

although I support their efforts in at least doing something this is a profound failure of government and especially the health minister for not locking down Bangkok and banning interprovincial travel 

do they not realise that Thailand is about to become a banned travel destination throughout the world - another Africa in the making

฿฿฿฿ over-rides prudence or logic

In the UK, in addition to all the under 70's who've died of CoVid-19 according to the figures posted above, there are estimated to be 1.1 million people there suffering from long Covid, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the majority of whom are also under 70.

As stated in the link below:

Prevalence rates of self-reported long COVID were greatest in people aged 35 to 69 years

Prevalence of long Covid in the UK

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 2

"COVID-19 has claimed its 22nd life in Cambodia, as another Cambodian succumbed to the deadly disease yesterday. The deceased was identified as a 35-year-old Cambodian man" 

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/834926/35-year-old-cambodian-man-become-the-22nd-covid-19-victim-in-cambodia/

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've posted elsewhere that it appears to me that Thailand is now doing what the UK did a year ago - i.e. "faffing about" with restrictions and totally mixed messages - we in UK are just about starting a return to normal; regrettably Thailand appears to be heading the other way and towards the pain we've had but without the resources to cope!

I do so wish to be wrong but IMO the contagion figures 2 weeks after Songkran may be rather scary.

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of, and reply to, hidden post removed
  • Thanks 2

A post with false coronavirus information has been removed, requiring the removal of one response post and the editing of several others.

If you're going to make factual claims that aren't already well-established/known relating to coronavirus topics, please include a supporting weblink to a credible government or news media source. Otherwise, your post could be removed.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

A letter from acting governor Withit Sarusadeechaikun said that anyone - tourist or resident - coming from five red zone provinces must quarantine for 14 days.

Break out the buckets of ice water. 

I heard that Udon Thani provincial governor has followed the lead from Buriram and Korat. No details as yet but the basic  deterrent of saying don't bother coming for a New Year party is now broadly in play.

I recall last year that it was always the provincial authorities that decided if and when they should tighten restrictions. The government did announce that Songkran was canceled last year but from that point onward, local government handled the track and trace and the monitoring any quarantining. Despite the doomy and gloomy Thai bashers predicting what they saw as mishandling of the Covid crisis and we were all gonna die, we didn't.

I expect some serious government advice over the next 24 to 48 hours that will ratchet up more restrictive provincial controls. Bangkok already officially canceled their Songkran celebrations and the Ministry of Transport's Songkran travel guidelines also specifically ask travel providers and relevant agencies to allow for no-penalty cancellations.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I've booked a hotel in Korat for the 12-16th. Does that mean i can not go? My hotel booking is non refundable !!! Thanks Thailand.

Korat did a backtrack, so they are not imposing the quarantine.

See here